• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

20101silk.jpg

It was supposed to be "Emblem Saga", but to avoid copyright infringement, they've named it Tear Ring. Of course this failed upon making the game too similar to Fire Emblem. Play it. Hee hee, you will be surprised with the amount of elements from two other FE games that they throw at you.

Ugh...have to play Berwick Saga sometime.

I've seen it.

It's quite bullshit and the fact it's a copy.

I was thinking about FE4 for best maps but it can get really redundant going from one place to another

When you're actually fighting, it's completely amazing though

And you know Shadow, I'd really appreciate you not bashing FE6

Quite true though.

My opinion is different from yours my good sir.

What you see as bashing, I see as my opinion.

I was thinking about FE4 for best maps but it can get really redundant going from one place to another

When you're actually fighting, it's completely amazing though

Here's an idea: Play it, then see how you think

:facepalm:

Do I have to spell it out for you? I thought we went through this... I don't like the huge maps because spending more time moving my units than fighting just gets boring - why the hell should I have to spend a half dozen turns just moving my units before I wind up getting my first dose of fighting???

Edited by Levant Fortner

The only aspect that FE6 is better than the other GBAFEs:

BALLISTAS

I actually liked the fact ballistae had animations in that game. Though FE7 had mobile ballistae.

Do I have to spell it out for you? I thought we went through this... I don't like the huge maps because spending more time moving my units than fighting just gets boring - why the hell should I have to spend a half dozen turns before I wind up getting my first dose of fighting???

Levant for the first time, this makes sense to me. I mean chapter two for me was like 50+ turns.

Levant for the first time, this makes sense to me. I mean chapter two for me was like 50+ turns.

I don't see the problem when the game only have 11 chapters and each one you do more thing then an average FE

It's basically like it's at least two chapters in one.

It's awesome

Do I have to spell it out for you? I thought we went through this... I don't like the huge maps because spending more time moving my units than fighting just gets boring - why the hell should I have to spend a half dozen turns just moving my units before I wind up getting my first dose of fighting???

...And to make matters worse by making tactics too strict/near impossible to A rank.

I don't see the problem when the game only have 11 chapters and each one you do more thing then an average FE

It's awesome

I know it just takes a LONG FREAKING TIME.

I enjoy it though. It feels like regular war.

I feel like the story and characters are bad, but the gameplay is really good

To be honest, I find a good majority(key word right here) of Awakening's cast to be rather underrated.

While the story looks good on paper, the actual execution felt very rushed. It feels like it's just going over the main points of three separate plots without going into enough detail to get invested. Also I hate the beginning chapter 14 cutscene for foreshadowing what could have been a cool plot twist about as subtlety as the f*cking deathstar.

Also Gaiden is terrible and it's maps are 40% of why it's so terrible.

Wow. Generally, I'd only expect to get turncounts like that on early chapters through extreme turtling.

It's awesome

Personally, I just think the maps are the problem precisely because having to slog through a huge map (and repeatedly, at that) gets boring in short order. And terrain abuse, while generally little more than an annoyance, gets worse on large maps.

On that note, I think that FE4 fans weren't much better in that regard (in a nutshell, I'd consider them a prototype of Awakening fans). Which reminds me, I personally get pissed off by the people that, when it's brought up, just talk about recommending to players asking for tips that they should kill Sylvia - suffice to say, I think the omniscient morality license people display in that regard is fucking deplorable.

...And getting B in survival if you do it. Just like no one cares for the ranking system in it anyway. -.-

Edited by Dark_Huntress