The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

41 minutes ago, shezzy said:

but without any STR how would you be able to pick up the katana in the first place?

also beat the 3rd boss, same thing happened where I died over and over with dual swords then beat her immediately with the single katana

lmao 2kat

http://i38.tinypic.com/11t6ias.png

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, shezzy said:

how far are you into the game?

I didn't get a chance to play it today

I did restart a bit and am currently rocking the axe/single sword in the mines area 

so i'll see that boss you're talking about soon enough

axe and strength build or no balls

Edited by Tryhard

3 minutes ago, shezzy said:

not so much nihilistic id say, in the end I didn't really take away from it "everything is meaningless" but more so "things have meaning, however if one pursues finding meaning in life with all their being, they will inevitably consume themselves with it, nothing else will become important, and after they accomplish their goal, will have nothing left to live for".

the presentation of how the characters interact and the conflict is framed is what gives it the "nihilistic" tone i guess. most of the characters in the game die with no real value placed on their lives. and yet, it does this without making it stupidly grimdark or "edgy", it just gets off the feeling of the event just being another event in the game. you don't really get attached emotionally to the characters in the game (at least i didn't) and their deaths are just points to move the plot further.

but yeah the message isn't "nihilistic"

speaking of, igarasu isn't very developed as a character. in fact, most of the characters die before the viewer can start to care about them or even feel for them. so the audience is made to focus instead on the CONFLICT, the DUEL between igarasu and akane. the writer knows how to work with the limitations of a shorter story and it comes out like poetry - the viewer is made to think like akane

the scene where the guard talks with akane and dies immediately after and is then irrelevant basically sums up how the game deals with characters dying

poem disguised as a revenge story with samurai, basically
the info dumps are there to break up the action and probably because the writer loves martial arts (i heard that the writer is actually a licensed martial artist and not actually a full time writer, which makes sense)

hanachirasu would have suffered if it were any longer, it's short enough to feel like a poem