Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

turns out i'm sort of addicted to tales of berseria

good side is that it distracts me from not having nier automata yet

bad side is that i don't want to do any of my obligations and tomorrow is monday already =/

34 minutes ago, Balcerzak said:

Wait, what?

you don't actually fuck spiders, but when you sleep... oh man... the spiders do get to you

or you have spiders in the form of the protagonist's mental trauma

25 minutes ago, shezzy said:

What tales games have you played?

Berseria is the first one I've actually made some significant progress on.

Like, I tried symphonia but droped it on the first dungeon, and also Xillia, and stopped playing it after like 5 hours or so. I was planing on playing more of that one but then I got a ps4 and never really played my ps3 again. Berseria definitely held my attention better than those, though, I'm already like 35 hours in it.

I think most of the tales of fanbase considers it one of the best in the series and the best one since Vesperia.

Edited by Nobody

5 hours ago, Chen said:

Gamergate and the shit it spawned was a mistake

i actually was quite sympathetic initially until it devolved into what I expected it to be, and not to be defensive as there was a lot of cringey shit from that but at least it was interesting

even got called a terrorist from someone on this forum for supporting it, so that was fun

6 hours ago, Nobody said:

100% agree

it's ridiculous and makes no sense.

same when twitter, a private entity, decides to ban people and they claim that hurts their "freedom of speech", when it's actually just twitter enforcing their private property.

it kind of reminds me when people actually encouraged and were glad that alison rapp was fired from nintendo because they dug up views on her being sympathetic to pedophilia

I highly doubt these same people would care about that person being fired if they were not happy about it

in my mind both what she and jimjam said are both awful and i'm not surprised they were distanced from

Edited by Tryhard

The only Tales game I highly dislike is Zestiria because of several negative points. (empty overworld, meh story and characters (exception Edna), unbalanced and also very difficult gameplay).

I've heared certain "rumors" about Dawn to the new World being bad, but I haven't started this game yet because I still have to finish Symphonia first.

As for Symphonia I think it's a fun game but I can't get used to it in the 2,5D battles. I have serious problems with the gameplay.

Tales of the abyss is best tales game.

Had the same opinion till I played Berseria.
I have to admit Abyss has probably the best dungeons in this series (many gimmicks) and also a very dark story similar to Berseria, but the battle system was a bit too simple for me. Also the main character has probably the biggest character development of all protags in the series, which doesn't appreciate everyone.

Also I absoultely can't get into the old parts because

1. Can't do the battles with the 2D graphics.
  2. random encounters

Tried to play Phantasia but lost very fast the interest.

=> I'm more into the newer Tales games. (played all possible PS3 parts - Dawn to the new World) + Abyss

I also will get the PS4 version of Berseria... when I have a PS4 sometime simply because I want to fully understand the story despite I prefer the JP voice actors much more (especially Magilou's).

So getting nostalgic, I decided to look up some Undertale music, when I stumbled on unused tracks. And, well,

"Originally I was going to make it if you beat the game fast enough, you’d be able to see the annoying dog in a bikini." - Toby Fox

On 2-4-2017 at 5:48 AM, Nobody said:

This is my new favorite picture.

18 hours ago, Tryhard said:

i've just been looking up hidden developer messages because they're interesting like

https://tcrf.net/Ganso_Saiyuuki this guy went on to be the character designer for smash so :^)

and

https://tcrf.net/Erika_to_Satoru_no_Yume_Bouken

Yes, you, you bastard.

don't feel bad I thought gg was fine until it evolved into trying to one up eachother on the shit flinging like most things, which didn't take very long.

the creation of several fallback words is also bad. Dam I just dislike things a lot

24 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

Wow, just wow. I don't know what to say other than thank you for sharing and that everyone should be listening to this.

hah, they bumped gaiden's growth rates from extremely low to gba level growths

people will still complain about the growths being too low, but they were quite "generous"

31 minutes ago, Nobody said:

hah, they bumped gaiden's growth rates from extremely low to gba level growths

people will still complain about the growths being too low, but they were quite "generous"

bitches don't know about the old days

can't wait for the promotions at level 20 villager