• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

I really do not get whats so funny about the P5 battle ui meme thing

Like, I thought the point was it was the characters or people being highlighted were meant to be in poses/animations that worked with it

amazing how a meme manages to basically run itself into the ground in less than a day?

If I was being snide I'd say that reflects on the P5 fanbase...

persona hater/smt fanboy from this forum B^)

Edited by Tryhard

the sad part is that the success of persona will likely lead to the funding of any future SMT V game

I never got the whole SMT elitist thing

seems suspiciously like the awakening and fates hatred no fun allowed people

Edited by Tryhard

is persona really that casual, though?

I mean I know it's simpler and easier than the SMT mainline games but I still hear it regarded as a fairly obtuse RPG comparative to most.

well it's considered simpler than SMT for obvious reasons but it does have a lot of features that other RPGs don't have (dating sim elements, adjusting schedule to match, stat grinding for dating sim)

compared to something like generic rpg #4535, yeah it definitely has more features but persona isn't too difficult of a game (if we're judging complexity by difficulty, which i think is dumb but) since it's really lenient on demon fusions and the dungeons are randomly generated and thus don't have any sort of design traps (i heard persona 5 has pregenerated dungeons so this doesn't apply there)

this is for persona 3+4 tho, because the first two personas are a lot more like a regular rpg without dating sim elements. persona 2 has some neat stuff with demon negotiations and the rumor system that gives you 10000000 side quests and extra dialogue and it has lots of features you probably won't use

persona 2 eternal punishment is especially less lenient on keeping a main party, your handout personas won't be enough to last you the entire game (unlike innocent sin) so you have to go through the slow, slow process of doing the same negotiations with demons over and over until you get enough cards to fuse the right persona

persona 3 and persona 4 are pretty enjoyable imo and it's literally a unique experience because i dont think any other series, not counting obscure untranslated ones, do the dating sim x rpg cross

persona 2 is best with characters and story tho but the gameplay's pretty slow. i don't know what kind of person enjoys games with ps1 rpg syndrome (overly long and flashy animations to compensate for the amount of hours played)