The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

While we're at it, what would your reaction will be on 1) another EE 2) BG3 3) new IP? Will you still bash the company without learning the details and checking if there're bugs/serious issues in a game in each of these cases? Will the reasons be the same? Will the state of PST:EE influence your point of view? Will further patching of existing EEs influence your opinion? 

In other words, what can change the nature of your opinion?

-Another EE - I don't want to see BD touching anymore classics... whether the final remaining infinity engine game Icewind Dale 2, or some other classic RPG.

-Baldur's Gate 3. As long as it is an entirely new storyline that isn't further messing with the previous storyline? Wouldn't be interested in it, or any BD product but I wouldn't get upset about it. Which leads to...

-A new IP from BD... PLEASE DO THIS. Stay away from the classics, do your own thing. I have no reason to follow the company at this point and the only reason I'm even here is because this is another infinity engine game being... 'touched up'.

I also find it funny that you think it is so odd I'd assume another BD release is going to be buggy. How many buggy BD games releases do there have to be before being cautious of a BD release wouldn't seem unreasonable to you? Four of five releases have required me to wait months for fixes to quest issues and STILL issues remained in my last playthrough of the BG series a month or two back.

-The state of Planescape Torment EE: Lets assume it is a perfect release. Does everything intended... no sneaking in of propaganda and so on. No this will not change my opinion of the company. The culture has not changed at the company and they now have 2 of 6 games that haven't released in a terrible state.

-What can change the nature of my opinion? That bridge was crossed already. The kinds of people employed at BeamDog hate people like me. A white male who leans a bit right across the fence. I consider myself moderate, but the progressives employed at BeamDog would consider me a Nazi. Even if they've actually realized they are being exclusive to a certain demographic and stop with the propaganda why would I give $ to a company that hates me?

That would be equivelant of an actual white supremacist developer getting backlash for putting white supremacy in their games and then hiding it in future titles. Would you buy from them then, even if they still hold those views? We're not talking a necessity here... we're talking entertainment. I can live just fine without Bioware or BeamDog games in my life.

What could actually bring me around? Finding out that BeamDog truly is a diverse employer. I'm not just talking sex, religion, or race here, I'm talking diverse in ALL manners including political beliefs. Does anyone remotely right leaning work at BeamDog or is it the leftist Utopia of hive minds I'm assuming it is? I realize it IS Canada but even Canada has some conservatives. The ONLY people at BOTH BD and BW who have expressed political opinions have expressed FAR... FAR leftist opinions. Essentially, views that are so far left they are the alt-right version of the left.

IF I found out they didn't descriminate based on political views and the quality of work improved? Yeah I could see myself buying a new BD product. Thing is... no way that is happening. A work environment where you have openly racist devs towards whites is not an environment where you are going to find any conservatives. At least not an environment where they will keep their jobs if they speak up.

My hope is that BD essentially ♥♥♥♥s off and does their own thing... at which point I'll just ignore them. I'm very hopeful that this is the last time I'll care about something BD is messing with. Hopefully IWD 2 wont be touched. At the moment I'm vocal because once again a wonderful classic is being ♥♥♥♥ed with by incompetent racist leftists. If this is the last infinity engine game touched by BD it will be the last time I visit their game forums. Something we can probably both agree on would be me not being around.

Who knows though... maybe this was ALWAYS Bioware's culture from the very beginning and the change in political climate has allowed them to be more open with their Marxist beliefs. Either way I'm not going to support it.

Edited by Tryhard

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Tryhard said:

A work environment where you have openly racist devs towards whites

a thing that happens:

beamdog employment manager, looking over a resume: yes, everything looks to be good, but... he's white discarded

Edited by Tryhard

Just now, Tonton said:

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (3DS) – 9/9/10/9 [37/40]

Kamige

as much as I'm glad it got a good score famitsu scores mean pretty much nothing 

4 minutes ago, shezzy said:

lol right when I decided I should get into the bayo games...

Get the wii u version anyway. Bayonetta 1 comes bundled with 2, and you get a discount on the other game if you decide to go digital, so you get two games rather than one. 

Also, bayo 2 is a wii u exclusive anyway.

assuming you have a wii u

Edited by Nobody

1 minute ago, shezzy said:

I wanted to get the Wii U version, but how is playing on the gamepad

I always play wii u games on the gamepad. It's fine, imo. I dislike looking at tvs while playing games, so i actually really like it, i don't think you will have any issue with it anyway.