• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Chen said:

i wonder if people in asian countries shitpost about western games

"HOW DO YOU PEOPLE WHO DON'T EVEN KNOW ENGLISH EVEN COMPETE?????"

"WEST IS BEST WEST IS BEST WEST IS BEST WEST IS BEST WEST IS BEST"

"MY WESTERN ELF WAIFU!!"

in japan, the switch sold 4 times more than the entire xbox one lifespan in its first week and the ps4 outsells it 300 to 1 on regular weeks

so if they do exist, they're not many

Edited by Nobody

there is a pretty small amount of people who like undertale and LISA in japan tho but they're a minority

if i make a game, i want my game to be good enough to be played by westaboos tbh

i don't think japanese people in general would unironically love western things though - their culture is quite isolationalist and xenophobic if anything

weeaboos are the far bigger problem

not that either of them really should because they're not actually gods but the game already gave up with that by having characters like scylla

Edited by Tryhard

fucking shu wank..... he even has a statue................................................

>"We did a focus group here in San Francisco, I'm trying to think what year this would be, probably late 2001, early 2002, because I needed to prove to the Japanese that our brand was starting just to fade away. And so we asked the focus group, a bunch of 18-, 19-year-olds, a classic question, 'If a video game publisher was a relative or a friend, who would they be?' Ah, EA. Arrogant quarterback, 6'5”, walks in, gets the girl, nobody likes him, blah blah blah, but, you know, fills the room with his big personality, all that. I can hear it now. Rockstar. Ah – that's your drunken uncle that shows up from Vegas once a month with a hooker on his arm and looking for money and then he's gone again. He comes in and he's the life of the party for a little while, and then he disappears for a long time. Sega. Yeah, that's your grandad. Used to be cool, but even he can't remember why anymore."

>"We filmed all of these, right? I packaged this up, and I said, 'This is our our manifesto for the future.' So we make a huge presentation in Japan, and I said, 'We need to be incredibly aware of the challenges we face as a brand at Sega,' you know, and so I play the video. Yuji Naka, Naka-san, maker of Sonic, is in the room. Now, he and I have a love/hate relationship on a good day. And we show him this, and it's subtitled in Japanese, and when it comes to that piece he just [slams his hand on the table], 'This is ridiculous. You have made them say this. Sega is the great brand, nobody would ever say this, you have falsified!' He just gets in my face. So I said to the translator, 'Tell him to fuck off.' And the poor guy looks at me and says, 'There's no expression in Japanese.' I said, 'I know there is.' And that was it. That was the last time I ever set foot in there."

39 minutes ago, Nobody said:

in japan, the switch sold 4 times more than the entire xbox one lifespan in its first week and the ps4 outsells it 300 to 1 on regular weeks

so if they do exist, they're not many

hey some western games have been doing ok this gen on ps4 there 

xboxone is just crazy at how it literally doesn't sell there

the only thing I'm wondering is why you don't enjoy the objectively better thing i.e using a bunch of scrubs and making it work :^)

steamrolling with seth is boring as fuck etc

11 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

the only thing I'm wondering is why you don't enjoy the objectively better thing i.e using a bunch of scrubs and making it work :^)

steamrolling with seth is boring as fuck etc

i use crappy units if I like them, but i don't really have the patience to waste time and turns raising many scrubs

are we talking like competitively caring about ranks or low turn counts?

cause otherwise there really isn't too much of a cause for rushing if you're playing casually

like there was a IIRC H3 Shadow Dragon run by Shin where he only used the shitty replacement units you get from killing off everyone

IMO that is far more impressive than any speedrun with the objectively best characters in the game, even if it was on a lower difficulty

Edited by Tryhard