• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Wondering whether you should buy this game? (tech stuff aside)

Well, some people are already nervous like hell considering it's Beamdog enchancing another game and after Baldur's Gate, there's fears that they would do something dumb again although this time, it's somewhat confirmed that they won't. For those of you who never played the game before, you're probably wondering whether the game is worth it. It's really simple, actually.

How about playing through the single best story in a video game? Yes, storytelling has come a long way since the 90s. We have games like The Witcher 3 and Uncharted 4 proving video games can tell good stories. But what about the plot itself? Let me just say, no game has beaten Planescape: Torment's story. It's the most unique, the most......different, it's a literary masterpiece.

The game is very text-heavy but it's nonetheless immersive. Some say Baldur's Gate was the greatest CRPG of all time but I think Planescape: Torment beats it by a mile and is arguably one of the greatest games of all time.

Just now, Chen said:

planescape torment is a visual novel

well yeah that guy on that website said so

guess that means you have to play a western game that is the best visual novel then :^)

2 hours ago, shezzy said:

What did beamdog even do to baldur's gate?????

Are they the ones that made Enhanced Edition?  I kinda liked it.  It put all the basic add-ons and patches in there, as well as a few extra playable NPCs.  People say you can just download them separately, but if I have more than two or three patches added to my game, it crashes or messes up somehow to become unplayable.  The most common problem is the text messing up, but worse things have happened, too.

1 minute ago, Chen said:

REZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZY how do i get into wrpgs?

Well, for me, I played 2nd edition D&D back in the 90s.  Baldur's Gate 2 is one of my favorite games of all time and the gold standard for me.  You can pick up Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition from Steam or GOG.  It's a bit more playable than the original version, since they built in a lot of the fan convenience patches that have been floating around over the years.

6 minutes ago, Chen said:

i have neverwinter nights and baldur's gate so far i will force myself to like these games

I found Baldur's Gate to be better.  NWN is fine, but I like having a full party in my RPGs, rather than just a single PC and a single non-customizable sidekick like NWN has.  I enjoy the sort of party management BG has with your party of 6.  I try to use different party members each playthrough, but there's a handful that I always seem to end up using.