• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Why is it so hard for me to understand spanish when most other brazilians can read it? =(

If it makes you feel any better, I can parse Portuguese decently when written, but can't understand it spoken for the life of me

2 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I really should take spanish classes because chile sounds like the place to go if the worst happens here

You'll be competing with Venezuelans, Argentina seems to be less affected by the migrant crisis?

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

1024px-Map_of_the_Viceroyalty_of_New_Spain.svg.png

Los mejores años.

LOS MEJORES PUTOS AÑOS 

When the fuck were Cuba, Hispaniola, those smaller islands and like, part of Venezuela, and I think Suriname(?) Mexican territory tho

1 minute ago, ChefGuevara said:

You'll be competing with Venezuelans, Argentina seems to be less affected by the migrant crisis?

Because Argentina also sucks right now

Because Argentina also sucks right now

LOS MEJORES PUTOS AÑOS 

When the fuck were Cuba, Hispaniola, those smaller islands and like, part of Venezuela, and I think Suriname(?) Mexican territory tho

The islands were Capitanias Generales that were part of the Viceroyalty. They always were until Mexico broke off. Venezuela was also a Capitania General attached to New Spain. Why them and not to New Granada, I have no clue. By the time the independence movements happened, it had changed to being attached to New Granada, though.

No, not Surinam. It only reaches the top part of the Essequiban Guyana.

as far as i've heard, the economic crisis in argentina also led to people ransacking markets and other stuff that sort of mirror venezuela's, which might also influence their decisions.

i mean, of course it can be seen as a democratically stabler but it doesn't seem that it's a much more desirable destination

2 minutes ago, Яei Яei said:

as far as i've heard, the economic crisis in argentina also led to people ransacking markets and other stuff that sort of mirror venezuela's, which might also influence their decisions.

i mean, of course it can be seen as a democratically stabler but it doesn't seem that it's a much more desirable destination

I think a big factor might just be that, well, a lot of migrants are leaving on foot, and Argentina is the furthest away, and heading there would mean heading through Brazil, where there's supposedly lots of anti-migrant violence going on (but you would obviously know more than I would on that one), and also just, you know, getting through the country without speaking the language 

Argentina is a huge mess, and has been for quite a while. The only reason it still has better social indicators than the rest of latin america is because it was really rich until like 70 years ago. I'd say Brazil is doing much better than them, and Brazil itself has been doing from mediocre to terrible for like 7 years now. They have like a huge inflation and iirc are always entering and leaving recessions.

Chile, on the other hand, is just a great place. I've been there and it really looks like a developed country. Santiago looked more modern and rich than many places I've been to in the US.

and then there's the fact that Argentina is full of... Argentines.

Edited by Nobody
Ugly typo

3 hours ago, Nobody said:

Argentina is a huge mess, and has been for quite a while. The only reason it still has better social indicators than the rest of latin america is because it was really rich until like 70 years ago. I'd say Brazil is doing much better than them, and Brazil itself has been doing from mediocre to terrible for like 7 years now. They have like a huge inflation and iirc are always entering and leaving recessions.

Chile, on the other hand, is just a great place. I've been there and it really looks like a developed country. Santiago looked more modern and rich than many places I've been to in the US.

Reveal hidden contents

and then there's the fact that Argentina is full of... Argentines.

People from Argentina are p bad yeah

and it's definitely true that Argentina has fallen pretty far from its former glory, but worse than Brazil? I'd have to look into that. And yeah, my uncle that I'm staying with right now has been to almost every country in Latin America, and said that Santiago was really impressive 

3 hours ago, Edgelord said:

this is clearly the subconscious football rivalry coming out

CHI CHI CHI

LE LE LE

VIVA CHILE

9 hours ago, Яei Яei said:

años y años asistiendo a la lucha libre me ayudaron demasiadamente con la lengua española

Wait wait wait 

you watch wrestling? Or at least, I think that's what you meant by "asistiendo" here 

47 minutes ago, ChefGuevara said:

Wait wait wait 

you watch wrestling? Or at least, I think that's what you meant by "asistiendo" here 

I used to watch more, but yeah, I do. LA Park is the best.

10 hours ago, ChefGuevara said:

I think a big factor might just be that, well, a lot of migrants are leaving on foot, and Argentina is the furthest away, and heading there would mean heading through Brazil, where there's supposedly lots of anti-migrant violence going on (but you would obviously know more than I would on that one), and also just, you know, getting through the country without speaking the language 

From what I gathered, there is a reasonable ammount of Venezuelan refugees in Argentina, but many are complaining that economic indicators such as inflation are making it really hard for them.

Over here in Brazil, we have xenophobic violence mostly on states such as Roraima, which are the closest ones to Venezuela. It's usually what one would expect in cases like this - a refugee allegedly commits a small crime, and the local population retaliation is many times worse. It's a relatively recent development, at least in those extreme terms, but overall it's economically better to be in Brazil than in Argentina, which is insane to think about.

Also gotta love how Moro, who once said that slush funds were worse than your average corruption, now is buddies with a minister who admitted to using slush funds. "He admitted to it and is now sorry"

5 hours ago, Edgelord said:

i saw too many Uruguayans defending suarez

people here defend pelé who's a much worse person

yooooo so it seems our senate approved the ministers of the STF getting a raise which would cost 5 billion more

the only one capable of stopping that is our brazilian vampire, michel temer

lololol fuck this country