Vegetarians are hypocrites

Junkhead

this was kind of out-of-the-blue considering all that was claimed was that vegetarians were hypocrites. nobody ever said they should stop eating only vegetables. soul's posts might've implied that, though. because he's stupid like that. c:

I wasn't actually addressing Soul's stuff, I've been seeing the sort of arguments elsewhere in the thread that usually lead up to "vegetarianism is dumb and you should feel dumb" so I figured I'd address them before they really got anywhere. ("Canine teeth" is an unfavorite.)

For some reason Scott Pilgrim just popped into my head so I will probably exit the thread with the parting words of

THE DEVEGANIZER BEAM

I CAN DODGE THIS

Edited by Kiryn

I wasn't actually addressing Soul's stuff, I've been seeing the sort of arguments elsewhere in the thread that usually lead up to "vegetarianism is dumb and you should feel dumb" so I figured I'd address them before they really got anywhere. ("Canine teeth" is an unfavorite.)

For some reason Scott Pilgrim just popped into my head so I will probably exit the thread with the parting words of

THE DEVEGANIZER BEAM

I CAN DODGE THIS

WE ARE THE VEGAN POLICE

this is your only answer

this is why I don't talk to you

imo the worst part about soul is that I feel he's at least somewhat trying to imitate me and doing it poorly

Man, there are way too many ways to fuck up a diet. Just eating the vegetables I'm used to eating wouldn't get me everything I need, but I could easily go overboard with my favorite meats and develop heart problems or kidney stones later in life. I've never been warm to processed meat, but at least chicken isn't too bad.

As far as I know, I don't have problems with people making any particular choice of diet, and I'm no impartial judge, but I generally like animals/dislike animal cruelty, and in a general sense think the idea of vegetarianism/vegan-ism is appealing.

No, truth is, I don't give a shit about plant, or animal rights, I just made a bet with some guy in like grade 3 that I could live a week without meat, and I haven't really bothered going back to eating meat since then. I'm a stubborn prick like that.

But he owes me $20 when I turn 25, $20 was a lot back when I was a kid!

No, truth is, I don't give a shit about plant, or animal rights, I just made a bet with some guy in like grade 3 that I could live a week without meat, and I haven't really bothered going back to eating meat since then. I'm a stubborn prick like that.

But he owes me $20 when I turn 25, $20 was a lot back when I was a kid!

I have an acquaintance who did something similar for a shorter amount of time (few years), and then found that she no longer found meat palatable when she tried to start eating it again. (I think she may just hate most foods, really... not in an eating disorder way, but in a "I think everything tastes terrible and I like to complain" way)

ironically ironically

hipsterrrssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Irony, the type of humor that everyone thinks they understand but they really don't.

My favorite type of irony is this kind of irony I got told about once where you don't expect what you expect to happen to happen and it happens the way you expected it to happen anyway (except you didn't expect it to happen that way). It doesn't really make sense, so it's gr9.

My favorite type of irony is this kind of irony I got told about once where you don't expect what you expect to happen to happen and it happens the way you expected it to happen anyway (except you didn't expect it to happen that way). It doesn't really make sense, so it's gr9.

You make me lol :3

this was kind of out-of-the-blue considering all that was claimed was that vegetarians were hypocrites. nobody ever said they should stop eating only vegetables. soul's posts might've implied that, though. because he's stupid like that. c:

I'm sorry that your repugnant reading comprehension has caught up to you. ;o

ad hominem attacks really do nothing to enforce your position. (it actually weakens it.)

Although I tend to think that ad hominem attacks are a sign of weakness, they are essentially irrelevant to the argument in question so don't really increase or decrease its plausibility. Anyway, when on FftF ad hominem tends to mean a degree of cheekiness.

Although I tend to think that ad hominem attacks are a sign of weakness, they are essentially irrelevant to the argument in question so don't really increase or decrease its plausibility. Anyway, when on FftF ad hominem tends to mean a degree of cheekiness.

they don't decrease or increase the argument's credibility but the arguer's.

ad hominem attacks really do nothing to enforce your position. (it actually weakens it.)

Bullshit. Ad hominem is only a threat to your argument when it is used in place of an argument, or AS your argument. Having a perfectly good argument and then throwing in some insults really doesn't make your arugment any weaker. More accurately, actually, is that it's only an ad hominem fallacy if what you're saying is basically "here's a nasty fact about this person therefore their argument must be false" or someshit like that.

Edited by Defeatist Elitist