Rate the unit, Day 11: Guy

Elieson

1/10 can't fly or heal

By this logic, I would infer you would also rate Marcus 1/10? I've yet to see him fly or heal...unless his horse is way more amazing than I remember.

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

Guy starts off pretty strong and then falls off a cliff because his strength growth is miserable. He doesn't have it as bad off as a lot of other units because his offense is still okay since he doubles everything, but he loses his steam pretty quickly. Bad strength and swordlock just sucks a lot for him after his use early on. Still, he can contribute his fair share in the point where his attack isn't so bad, but he struggles overall.

7/10

Edited by Dave Strider

Killing edge is the only critical weapon you get until Dragon's Gate. And using it for ORKOs pops up in a few strategies. No reason Guy should be the sole user for it when you have Marcus, Eliwood, and Matthew looking to use it from time to time. I guess you could give him perks simply for giving you that weapon similar to Renault and fortify.

Anything 6 and over seems too high when someone like Lowen scored a 6.75 on average. Lowen has access to lances and swords. He gets ranged weapons and axes upon promotion. Plus, he gets to ride a horse. The only thing Guy has over Lowen is critical, speed, and a C rank over D rank in swords. I'm not usually up for direct comparison between unlike units, but it does seem odd to give Guy a decent rating when Lowen (who got a decent rating) clearly does many things that are more useful. Criticals and doubling without the damage behind it is pointless and being unable to attack at a range also limits usefulness for evasion.

I'd settle with giving Guy a 4.5/10

5/10; Guy's alright, really~

well, as long as he's not fighting against lances and isn't strength screwed, but he doesn't suck entirely unlike some of the units. Salvageable, really.

Better than Eliwood, but he has even more trouble finding good targets due to not getting an effective weapon until the Longsword or Armourslayer (which aren't necessarily fun to obtain). Lyn makes a better bosskiller (at least for a specific set of bosses) due to Mani Katti even if LHM isn't played.

6/10

Guy has always been a really good unit for me and has gone to endgame just about every time. Train him right and He'll have high hp. He does rely on KE in the beginning, but iron blade and steel sword can make up for lack of power. always maxed spd and skl. he ends up being a dodge tank and an actual tank. He takes down Brendan down every time. He even killed Laus in endgame on his own. His str does decide how good he is. but it usually works well for me.

8/10