I am the Slayer of Threads

Aurabolt

3 members have voted

1. 1. Am I a Thread Slayer or is it just Bad Luck?

• Thread Slayer and Bringer of the Apocalypse!
    • Thread Slayer and Curse to our Forums!
    • Dunno?
    • Bad Luck--UNCLEAN!
    • Bad Luck--Don't take it personal
    • Wait, what?

At least that's what it's felt like for the last couple years.

Basically, every thread I've posted in or started for the last of couple years dies off shortly afterward. Feel free to look through my posting history if you don't believe me. Serene Adventure, Fantasy Anime and Serenes Forest seem to be the exception since they're all closely knit communities, though =D

I'm not sure why it happens when I post but it's vexing. That's why I've decided outside the two named sites and my own, I will not create any more new threads indefinitely. Why create a new thread if it's just gonna die, yes?

I know much of it depends on interest in the topic and traffic as well but I've posted in popular threads only to have them die off shortly afterward. With Necroposting becoming more "acceptable" nowadays hopefully the feeling will subside but I'm tired of guessing in the dark I guess xD

...Thoughts?

Become either a better poster or a much worse poster, that'll solve your problem

Edit: Well, maybe I shouldn't say MUCH worse~

Edited by Hikarussr

I get the same feeling, though it's probably just a complex in my case. Unless it's a broad enough topic that it perpetuates itself, or I get lucky and somebody who's at least as invested in the subject as I am pops up, I don't usually do well at staying pumped up enough about a self-created topic to keep it going. Assuming people hate the topic and dropping off, actually having people hate the topic and dropping off, being afraid to even check, that sort of thing.

Sometimes I see something interesting posted, but feel dumb for not being able to think of an adequate response. Always sad to see a thread end on that kind of note.

Edited by Rehab