Wii won't read discs...

Zanarkin

:sob::sob::sob:

... The lense doesn't seem to be working... I was playing fire emble, and was going to have Ike shove Rhys, but all of a sudden, all you could hear was the wind in the gasme and soon thereafter it froze. It told me error occured, eject disc turn it off, and check operations manual. I take disc out, and turn it off. Turn it on put disc back on and try again fire emblem channel shows up, and i select start... but it froze... I try again and this time it didn't read. I cleaned the disc but to no avail... i tried the other games, fearful that it was my fire emblem game that broke down... but then... i learned it was most likely the lenses because not even the newest game we have (skyward sword) which has little scratches, won't work... ;_;

Repair costs 85.00 bucks not counting tax and shipping... Fuck my life...

Edited by SlayerX

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sell your blood/plasma.

Facepalm_emote_gif.gif Next someone might suggest some more questionable alternatives.

The lens not working seems to be the biggest issue with the Wii I keep hearing about. Sort of like that red ring of death thing the 360 was infamous for.

Edited by -Valkyrie-

The downloaded games still work at the very least... I got fluidity, defend your castle, super mario bros 3, and super mario world... sigh... fluidity should be good enough for now...

Facepalm_emote_gif.gif Next someone might suggest some more questionable alternatives.

How is donating blood questionable? Also, I'm fairly sure that would be something i could do... Perhaps, unless they don't allow 17 year olds... In anycase, i suppose your other questionable alternative is donating sperm, which again is something i could do but i heard you have to be a certain height...

How is donating blood questionable? Also, I'm fairly sure that would be something i could do... Perhaps, unless they don't allow 17 year olds... In anycase, i suppose your other questionable alternative is donating sperm, which again is something i could do but i heard you have to be a certain height...

IIRC donating blood is something you don't get paid for. plasma is what you get paid for, however it is a bit riskier than simply donating blood.

Try using that Official Nintendo Wii Lens Cleaning Kit?

http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Lens-Cleaning-Kit-Nintendo/dp/B001GZT1UI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325987824&sr=8-1

I've heard it works and fixes most problems when the Wii doesn't read any disc.... most of the time ._.

It's just a simple $20 gamble >_>;

This video demonstrates it anyways.

wait til summer and get a job.

or use your new found free time to get a GF/job. whatever works.

fixed

Edited by Erk