Golden Sun Books 1 and 2 Draft (Closed)

13th

that is it, I cannot think anymore, I will just go with Catastrophe.

also, I am too lazy to do my own totals, can someone please do my scores and what nots ( I will just say the levels of my characters at the time of fighting 6the bosses)

also, it will take me a bit longer to start the game.

Edited by Cap'n Flint

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...you chose an endgame summon as your first pick??? Anyways, just write down the levels you have, and I'll take care of the scoreboard.

Oh, and UPDATE!!!

Learned Reveal, saved Hsu, and then entered my most-hated dungeon. I despise the Lamakan Desert more than any other place in the series. Anyways, I think I got all the treasure in it, and I made sure not to attack any Ant Lions. I then moved on to fight...

Manticore

Isaac - Level 10

Ivan - Level 10

Score: 20

Total Score: 175

This was tough. My first strategy was to have Diviner!Ivan do the healing, while Cavalier!Isaac used Mercury Djinn and kept summoning them. And Cured Poison. This apparently did not work, because he was doing 100 damage per summon, and I regretted not drafting Boreas when it was practically thrown at my face. Anyways, I then decided something different, which was to have Cavalier!Isaac do the healing, and Ivan using Jupiter Djinn. This allowed Isaac to cast Wish if the situation demanded it, which was really helpful, and also allowed Ivan to summon Procne multiple times, which started doing more than 300 damage after a while. Zephyr took care of Isaac's Speed, and Breeze may have helped in enduring the Mad Blasts and Novas. I will admit, though, that I got lucky in that none of the early Curses got through. Anyhow, I had to use a few Vials and an Antidote, which I didn't care about, and Ivan eventually died, but Manticore had only 62 HP remaining at that time so I had Isaac unleash Mist and finish it off.

Name      Weapon         Head           Shield            Chest
========================================================================
Isaac     Vulcan Axe     Iron Helm      Dragon Shield     Psynergy Armor
Ivan      Psynergy Rod   Silver Circlet Gauntlets         Elven Shirt

8220 coins

Edited by Kiku-Ichimonji

Discussed Colosso with Proto.

You may level your undrafted Isaac to the average of your drafted units (i.e. Garet level 10 and Mia level 13 means you can go to level 12)

But to make it easier, all summons are free for Colosso.

Edited by 13th

I do want to mention that a 17 at Killer Ape is about 4 levels too high. With a full party, he's killable in 3 turns at level 13. 15 max to beat him.

EDIT: Didn't read. Never mind.

Edited by Cocaine

Got lost like hell in Sol Sanctum after the Prologue. I didn't see a left I missed the first 4 times.

So cut to the chase and did the hole for the big statue first.

THEN I DID THIS AMAZING THING CALLED STAR GATHERING.

Doing Sol Sanctum before bed. Ran away from all fights, managed to kill Isaac and Jenna, because why the hell not?

And thus, Garet is level 1.

Exited Lamakan Desert. Entered Kalay, revived characters, recovered Djinn, killed off Garet and Mia. And then faced Vine

Vine

Isaac - Level 10

Ivan - Level 10

Score: 20

Total Score: 195

Started with Procne and Cybele. Cybele did less than 90 damage, wat? It died quickly anyway

I then went on to talk to Lady Layana, and got the Mars Djinn in the tunnel. I then headed north, and did the Vault sidequest for Sap, as well as the Vale sidequest for Kite. I also went through Bilibin Cave with Reveal and got some treasure, and also refilled my bottle with Hermes Water in Mercury Lighthouse. Anyways, I then went back to Kalay and boarded the ship...

Kraken

Isaac - Level 11

Ivan - Level 11

Score: 22

Total Score: 217

Not as hard as I thought it would be. The strategy should be obvious, just spam Mist. Isaac wore the Elven Shirt to outspeed the Kraken and had all the Mercury Djinn, including Mist. Ivan kept summoning Procne and used Jupiter Djinn. Kite helped a lot in here, and it also allowed Isaac to fire off a Ramses and a Cybele while taking care of Mist at the same time. The Kraken also killed Ivan, which is nice, but Isaac leveled up.

Then I went to Tolbi, and had fun with the Fountain and other stuff.

Name      Weapon         Head           Shield            Chest          Boots         Shirt
====================================================================================================
Isaac     Assassin Blade Adept's Helm   Earth Shield      Spirit Armor   Quick Boots   Running Shirt
Ivan      Assassin Blade Ninja Hood     Vambrace          Water Jacket   Fur Boots     Running Shirt

24136 coins

Being EXTREMELY NICE and not taking Moloch, taking Haures instead.

Um...

Haures and Ulysses

13th, did you actually mean Zagan?

btw I likely won't be taking Moloch anyway, since I need Frost to get it i.e. Piers, which means it won't help during the Felix solo period. And since Felix will obviously be overleveled for Briggs, I doubt I'll face much issues with Avimander, etc

Edited by Luster Purge

So I realized that I might have Felix with a 99% Megiddo to troll all the endgame bosses. So I'm going with... Daedalus and Moloch.

Also, UPDATE!!!

After exploring Tobi and Babi's mansion, I headed out. I made my way towards the area with Hail

Hail

Isaac - Level 12

Ivan - Level 11

Score: 23

Total Score: 240

I forgot to Standby my Djinn, but it didn't matter. Isaac kept attacking, Ivan used the Jupiter Djinn. Kite helped, again. Ivan summoned Procne and ended the battle.

Atmiller Cave monsters were kinda annoying

Squall

Isaac - Level 12

Ivan - Level 11

Score: 23

Total Score: 263

I kinda forgot to Standby my Djinn so I just had Isaac and Ivan slice around with Assassin's Blade. Mortal Danger activated the insta-death :D:

Next came the Colosso...

Against Azart, I had Ninja!Isaac spam Death Plunge until his PP ran out. Azart then fell with a single physical attack. I got lucky that Death Plunge stunned Azart a few times, and I'm not sure if this method would work again...

With Satrage, I missed a nut because I felt that the Chain Mail was more valuable. In any case, I tried the Death Plunge spam again and he got stunned twice. He also wasted one turn on a Smoke Bomb and one turn defending. After my PP ran out, I just kept attacking and he fell first.

Navampa was easier than I expected. I tried to use Smoke Bombs but they didn't work on him. I then used a Sleep Bomb and he fell asleep. Then I spammed Death Plunge until I ran out of PP. Used one Nut, unleashed Fever and Scorch, which killed him.

I then went ALL THE WAY BACK to Lunpa, to save Hammet

Toadonpa

Isaac - Level 13

Ivan - Level 12

Score: 25

Total Score: 288

Started with Cybele and Procne x2. After that, Barbarian!Isaac kept using Planet Diver while Savant!Ivan boosted his attack with Impact and healed with Wish when necessary. Ivan also used a few nuts. No trouble at all, probably because Toadonpa only attacks once per turn.

Then I went to Suhalla Desert. Unfortunately, the Tornado Lizards gave too much EXP, so I avoided all the optional encounters except for the one guarding the Cookie. Isaac needs his PP. Anyways,

Flash

Isaac - Level 15

Ivan - Level 14

Score: 29

Total Score: 317

I didn't take this battle seriously. I had Isaac keep attacking and Ivan unleashing Mercury Djinn. When the Djinn didn't try escaping, it eventually died.

I tried to fight the Storm Lizard, but the battle was too difficult. So I restarted and skipped it, outrunning the tornado until I left the desert. I then moved on to face

Dew

Isaac - Level 15

Ivan - Level 14

Total Score: 346

I summoned Cybele and Procne and used Djinn to keep attacking. I didn't use any of Garet and Mia's Djinn because it's annoying having to kill them off after reviving them. Lucky for me, Isaac died, so his EXP lead should slow down a little here. Besides, with Dew in my party, I can now make Ivan a White Mage which means he can revive Isaac...

...no Revive, wat? Oh snap, how late does White Mage learn Revive????? I can NOT fight the last boss with these levels...

The Sanctum charges 300 coins for reviving Isaac. Seriously, what? Anyways, I visited Idejima just for fun, and then decided to go ahead to Venus Lighthouse. I got Carry and taught it to Mia. I went to the Goddess Statue and chose the center path, because I'm not using Mia. Then came Lalivero with a treasure and a Djinn, and then Babi Lighthouse with...

Luff

Isaac - Level 15

Ivan - Level 14

Total Score: 375

I didn't take this battle seriously. I just had Isaac and Ivan use physical attacks and it fell eventually. Ivan leveled up.

I made my way to my favorite lighthouse that also has the coolest music (imo) I ever heard in GBA. I then proceeded to get my Kiku-Ichimonji when I realized... I can't manipulate the RNG to get it with two people dead... :(:

Name    Weapon       Head            Shield           Chest            Boots        Shirt
====================================================================================================
Isaac   Shamshir     Warrior's Helm  Mirrored Shield  Asura's Armor    Quick Boots  Running Shirt
Ivan    Swift Sword  Jeweled Crown   War Gloves       Magical Cossack  Quick Boots  Mythril Shirt

2503 coins

13th has agreed to make another exception to the rule that requires undrafted units to be dead. You can use them on RANDOM encounters to manipulate the RNG into getting rare item drops. This is because the idea of constantly killing enemies for a 1.5625% chance of getting an item is ridiculous, and it seems impossible to reach the 31st RN by Turn 2 with only two people. As long as the battle isn't a scripted encounter, then it really doesn't matter if undrafted units are alive or not.

With this in mind, I had Garet and Mia revived (by using Dew) and then went on to get my favorite sword: Kikuichimonji. Battle started with Fenrir and another dude (1 RN). Isaac summoned Cybele (4 RN), Garet summoned Procne (4 RN), Ivan and Mia both used Wish (8 + 8 = 16 RN). At the start of Turn 2 (2 RN), Elven Shirt Isaac unleashed Scorch (3 RN), killing the Fenrir on the 31st RN. The rest of the battle involved forcing Garet and Ivan to both die before Isaac and Ivan killed off the other dude.

THE KIKU-ICHIMONJI IS NOW MINE AT LAST!!!!!

Name    Weapon        Head            Shield           Chest            Boots        Shirt
Isaac   Swift Sword   Warrior's Helm  Mirrored Shield  Asura's Armor    Quick Boots  Running Shirt
Ivan    KIKUICHIMONJI Jeweled Crown   War Gloves       Magical Cossack  Quick Boots  Mythril Shirt

2948 coins

THE KIKU-ICHIMONJI IS NOW MINE AT LAST!!!!!

YOU WIN!

...Actually, nah, but still... That's awesome. Also, just a spectator.

...no Revive, wat? Oh snap, how late does White Mage learn Revive????? I can NOT fight the last boss with these levels...

Level 17.

Taking Azul

good luck with your end game 13th(you will NEED it)

EDIT:

Waiting for a bit before taking Azul

I would like to know who you would want Darros.

Edited by Cap'n Flint

Taking Azul

good luck with your end game 13th(you will NEED it)

EDIT:

Waiting for a bit before taking Azul

I would like to know who you would want Darros.

Eclipse says hi.

Uh, hi guys? Oh, wait, Eclipse is an actual summon!

stop joking around

Good luck with this draft and all. I am curious to see how it will end.

Thanks,I will need it.

Saturos and Menardi proved to be too difficult with my current levels. I decided that Wish Well would be absolutely necessary for the final bosses, so I went to Crossbone Isle to train Ivan. I got Bane and made it all the way to the Pirate Ship and then went back. I grinded some more on Tempest Lizard, to the extent that I got 30 Potions. I used the Sanctum trick to return to Suhalla Gate and beat up the Storm Lizard just for fun. Then I went back to Lalivero and sold most of my stuff. In Venus Lighthouse, I revived Garet and Mia in order to RNG abuse the Gryphons to get a Feathered Robe. I had them killed in the same battle.

Menardi & Saturos

Isaac - Level 16

Ivan - Level 24

Score: 40

Total Score: 415

Isaac Samurai. Ivan White Mage. Isaac fights Menardi with Gaia Blade, Ivan heals with Wish Well. With a Feathered Robe, Ivan managed to outspeed even Menardi. When healing was not necessary, Ivan boosted Isaac's attack with War Ring, which baited Saturos to waste a turn with Break. Potions were used in dire situations. After Menardi died, the battle became a joke. Oh, and Isaac gained two levels.

FREOHR DATIA

Isaac - Level 18

Ivan - Level 24

Score: 42

Total Score: 457

No holding back this time. Garet and Mia's Djinn were being used to summon Cybele and Procne, followed by a few turns of Mercury unleashes. Outer Space... didn't really hurt that much. Actually, after seeing Cruel Ruin and Mine Ball, this seemed REALLY lame. The War Ring broke after its first use, but the battle was still very easy. Still though, I had to use a few drops of Water of Life, many Potions, and one Psy Crystal. I also had Ivan use Fizz sometimes while Isaac summoned Mercury on the same turn. But otherwise, it was usually just Isaac attack and Ivan Wish Well. The battle was over MUCH earlier than expected.

And no matter how many times I hear it, I still find the Prox theme really sad... and I still can't believe that they would actually put it in Book 1 just for that one scene.

Name    Weapon         Head            Shield           Chest            Boots        Shirt
Isaac   Gaia Blade     Warrior's Helm  Mirrored Shield  Dragon Scales    Quick Boots  Running Shirt
Ivan    KIKUICHIMONJI  Jeweled Crown   Virtuous Armlet  Feathered Robes  Quick Boots  Mythril Shirt

226140 coins

Anyways, with now that those are all done, it's time to turn to Deadbeard Book 2.

Edited by Luster Purge

Bandit 1

Forge 2

Breeze 5

Tret 3

Sleet 15

Saturos 16

Zephyr 17

Quartz 17

Killer Ape 18

Corona 19

Spritz 20