Apparently, I got a bunch of games at bargain prices

MacLovin

Well, I just went to random Goodwills and Salvation armies, and have aquired the following

Wii

Monster Hunter Tri

Big Brain Academy:Wii degree

Gamecube

Godzilla:Destroy all monsters

Crazy Taxi

Defender

F-Zero GX

Final Fantasy:Crystal Choronicals

Dk:Jungle Beat-With Bongo controller.

I'd like to know the general opinions on these games.

I don't trust any other site

Edited by The Creeper

If you can play it, I think the Crystal Chronicles could be fun. My brother liked the Jungle Beat. Crazy Taxi, everyone seems to love. Monster Hunter Tri seemed to be the bee's-knees for Wii fanboys, so you could have fun with that as well.

I'm actually surprised you found those at thrift stores though ._. My town never had anything like that at a Salvation Army, it was always pawnshops (score!) and smaller thrifties. And flea markets :D

If you can play it, I think the Crystal Chronicles could be fun. My brother liked the Jungle Beat. Crazy Taxi, everyone seems to love. Monster Hunter Tri seemed to be the bee's-knees for Wii fanboys, so you could have fun with that as well.

I'm actually surprised you found those at thrift stores though ._. My town never had anything like that at a Salvation Army, it was always pawnshops (score!) and smaller thrifties. And flea markets :D

I found a super famicom once, but I wasn't able to get it....

Shame

also, I appear to be able to "sniff" out things I like in thrift stores.

Like games/movies/anime/ol comic books.

I've even found freaking Legend of Zelda SS at one, complete

and I had no cash. Life trolls.

And then Wind Waker appeared at this one goodwill....

No disk.

And then the manager gives away a 16MB memory card for Gamecube.

No Shit.

And then flea markets.

50 old comic books, for 10 cents each.

With the first appearences of the JLA, Spider Man, Daredevil, and Fantastic 4 among them.

My "materfamilias" prevented me, by saying that comics are bad.

:facepalm:

and they were in mint condition

And then the seller offered to give them away to me!.

And I was still not allowed and had to refuse.

FML moment there

Edited by The Creeper

Definitely agreed. Excellent game, really difficult, but oh so satisfying.

The story mode will rape your ass and you will LOVE IT.

I was so freaking close to beating Mission 7 on hard (Black Shadow AND Blood Falcon dead, YEEEEEEEEAH) but I got pushed off the narrow path before the lava floor on the final lap.

Monster hunter is extremely fun, so yes you got a good deal. Final fantasy crystal chronicles was fun to play, but i bet it'd be better to play with two people or more... I never did beat it though... last boss always got me near the end...

Also whats materfamilias? And they suck for not letting you buy those comic books.

Edited by SlayerX

Monster hunter is extremely fun, so yes you got a good deal. Final fantasy crystal chronicles was fun to play, but i bet it'd be better to play with two people or more... I never did beat it though... last boss always got me near the end...

Also whats materfamilias? And they suck for not letting you buy those comic books.

Latin

First Def.

Also, FFCC sounded fun.

Do I really need a GBA link to play it?

No, only to play with others. You can play first player mode with game cube controller. The other people need GBA which is a horrible idea.

Edited by SlayerX

Well, now that you have the Bongos, Doneky Konga might be worth looking into if you like rhythm games.

What I usually find at thrift stores is older PC games, like the first Space Quest (for Apple IIGS), Leisure Suit Larry 1-3 (on 3 1/2 AND 5 1/4 inch disks), Elder Scrolls: Arena and even the original Sim City! And I can't forget to mention two decorative shields I got for about $6 each, one British, one French.

If Half-Price Books counts, I recently found a CIB copy of Sacred Stones for $15 in amazing condition (to my knowledge, I haven't fully opened it yet, and yes, it wasn't factory sealed), though now I have to figure out how to remove the price sticker on the front without damaging the box...

No, only to play with others. You can play first player mode with game cube controller. The other people need GBA which is a horrible idea.

To play CC multiplayer with 4 people you need 3 GBAs and 3 GC to GBA cables, to give you an idea of how much equipment is required.

Edited by Venusaur

To play CC multiplayer with 4 people you need 3 GBAs and 3 GC to GBA cables, to give you an idea of how much equipment is required.

The hell is wrong with Nintendo...

4 Swords Adventures takes the cake then. You CAN play single Player with a GC controller but when it came to multiplayer, the GC controller doesn't mean jack shit, EACH player needed a GBA + GBAtoGC cable if you were to play even just 2-player (2 GBAs + Link cables).

Oh yeah just noticed Jungle Beat on the list. How is the game? Videos looked nice but a platformer being controlled with those bongos sounds stupid to me.

Edited by Sirius

You can use the controller to play it too.

The hell is wrong with Nintendo...

The same reason they push 3D gimmicks, touch controls, microphone, gryscopic gameplay--they want you to enjoy their gimmicks. the GBA-connector just happened to have been one of their gimmicks at the time.

Although, there are alternatives:

4 Swords Adventures takes the cake then. You CAN play single Player with a GC controller but when it came to multiplayer, the GC controller doesn't mean jack shit, EACH player needed a GBA + GBAtoGC cable if you were to play even just 2-player (2 GBAs + Link cables).

Oh yeah just noticed Jungle Beat on the list. How is the game? Videos looked nice but a platformer being controlled with those bongos sounds stupid to me.

THe bongoes were cheap.

and I can use a gcn controller instead