range 1-mag/2

whase

is there any easy way in nightmare, for any of the GBA games, to make the range for tomes 1-mag/2 like certain staves?

I'm not sure, but for physic it's either hard coded or I'm completely missing it...

anyways, if it's too hard, I'll just forget about it...

hmm, been testing some more, above conclusion is probably wrong.

as it is:

sleep:

minimum-maximum range: 0x10

staff/use effect: 0x08

conclusion: range= 1-mag/2

fire:

minimum-maximum range: 0x12

staff/use effect: 0x00

conclusion: range= 1-2

what I tried:

fire:

conclusion: range said mg/2, no attack range was available

fire:

minimum-maximum range: 0x11

conclusion: range= 1

fire:

staff/use effect: 0x00

conclusion: no attack range was available

By "no attack range was available", do you mean that the red tiles didn't show up? Cause I kinda remember Ryrumeli (where is he anyway? Haven't seen him in a while) saying that the game is only programmed for certain combinationsm i.e. it has to be programmed to display certain ranges.

So basically in the game, 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 3-10, and probably a few other ranges were programmed for attack ones, then 1-1, 1-(3? for unlock?), mg/2, etc were programmed or staves.

Edit: so try fire with use effect 0x00 and range 0x10, but don't just discount it cause the red tiles don't pop up, try selecting an enemy or something :P This is just theoretical, I have noooo clue if it'll work XP

Edited by Jubby

By "no attack range was available", do you mean that the red tiles didn't show up? Cause I kinda remember Ryrumeli (where is he anyway? Haven't seen him in a while) saying that the game is only programmed for certain combinationsm i.e. it has to be programmed to display certain ranges.

So basically in the game, 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 3-10, and probably a few other ranges were programmed for attack ones, then 1-1, 1-(3? for unlock?), mg/2, etc were programmed or staves.

Edit: so try fire with use effect 0x00 and range 0x10, but don't just discount it cause the red tiles don't pop up, try selecting an enemy or something :P This is just theoretical, I have noooo clue if it'll work XP

I did try that, gave mage!Eirika 6 mag, moved her to 3, 2 and 1 range, no attack command showed up, only the item and wait command.

tried it with all 3 things I tried

Edited by whase

hmm, been testing some more, above conclusion is probably wrong.

*notes*

0x10, as it stands, means "1-0 range". 4 bits for minimum and maximum range.

I vaguely remember it being hardcoded (only staves, and only the staves at that table offset), but don't quote me on that.

DId you actually try to attack with them at mag/2 range? It could just be a graphics fuckup like Ryru described in the thread you linked.

Edited by Camtech

DId you actually try to attack with them at mag/2 range? It could just be a graphics fuckup like Ryru described in the thread you linked.

I did try that, gave mage!Eirika 6 mag, moved her to 3, 2 and 1 range, no attack command showed up, only the item and wait command.

tried it with all 3 things I tried

Here it is, I haven't read it over again yet, but if you can glean some info from it, cool. I'll look it over laterr.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28655 It may be that 1-0 just doesn't work though, and it actually means 1-0 if it's not considered a staff :P

thanks for the link, I'll take a look at it in a bit.

EDIT: read the topic, didn't exactly help...thanks either way, though

Edited by whase