Mounted+high speed and skill

also, bows and 3x damage to wyverns!

Lot & ward

Fast supports with good units

availibility

Warrior promote gains

Garret, igrene, and barte

Decent bases, except for speed on the axe guys

I mean, they aren't stellar, but what are the main problems here with these guys? (aside from speed on several listted)

I haven't played FE6, but from what I can tell ... Sue's underrated because she starts at level 1 with not stellar bases; has 5 base strength and 30% growth, and terrible con so that most bows will weigh her down. Also, using Sue and Shin sends you to Sacae, which most people don't like because the nomads, nomadic troopers, swordsmen, and bosses there are more annoying than Ilia's weighted down pegasus/falcon knights. Shin is considered one of the better units in FE6. I'm sure there are a lot of players who think that because they don't want to go to Sacae, and Shin's just better than Sue, then why bother using Sue if you can only use one of them? So ... I'd say that Sue is underrated because: she has low base strength and low strength growth; low con; sends you to Sacae; and is not Shin.

Can't say about the others, though.

Lot's a decent unit in the earlygame, but low Str and Spd growths kinda hurt him in combination with his mediocre bases. Ward's base Spd and growth are really terrible, past earlygame on HM he'll be doubled quite a bit. FE6 also isn't the greatest game to be locked to axes, for accuracy reasons.

Garret's OK, but his base Spd is too low to double much. Bartre is the same way, though he's often not in play due to the various issues with B route (weaker Gonzales/Tate/Klein, later Killer Axes, Echidna is generally better than he is anyway). Igrene is pretty decent, though she's a little bit too slow to double most enemy types. She also doesn't have much of an enemy phase.

None of the units you listed are really considered "bad" I think, but they have enough shortcomings that they're not great.

No unit is underrated because as soon as you post an underrated unit everyone else will chime in saying they've always thought that unit was good!

Lot's a decent unit in the earlygame, but low Str and Spd growths kinda hurt him in combination with his mediocre bases. Ward's base Spd and growth are really terrible, past earlygame on HM he'll be doubled quite a bit. FE6 also isn't the greatest game to be locked to axes, for accuracy reasons.

It's a good thing that neither Lot or Ward are locked to axes, then.

In addition, it's not really true that Ward gets doubled a lot in the Western Isles. 7AS doesn't get doubled by anything except for Mercenaries and the occasional Poison Axe Pirate.

Garret's OK, but his base Spd is too low to double much. Bartre is the same way, though he's often not in play due to the various issues with B route (weaker Gonzales/Tate/Klein, later Killer Axes, Echidna is generally better than he is anyway).

While Tate is weaker, she joins a chapter earlier. For Tate, having an extra chapter to gain levels in is probably more important than an extra level of pegasus knight bonuses.

• 2 years later...

Wendy. Call me crazy, but as painfully slow as she was- she actually is a blast to use and has competent defense and skill stats AFAICT.