Rate the Unit, Day 13: Natasha

Moulder vs. Natasha is like the only time I've heard people care about Luck :p Not that is usually matters much to me anyway, particularly before promotion, as having either of them get attacked usually means you made an error.

I guess she does beat him eventually in some stats...which might matter for Creature Campaign? I don't play that either, so eh.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moulder vs. Natasha is like the only time I've heard people care about Luck :p Not that is usually matters much to me anyway, particularly before promotion, as having either of them get attacked usually means you made an error.

I guess she does beat him eventually in some stats...which might matter for Creature Campaign? I don't play that either, so eh.

True, but I'm the type who tends to forget about units when they're split up and on different ends of a map; it's rather easy to derp and wind up ending your turn prematurely. Either way, I am so NOT tolerant of my healers having luck that's horrid to the point you have a chance to get critblicked; if that's the case with you (and it is with Moulder, as well as Saul, but that's beside the point), then I see no reason to bother.

Vulneraries? Elixirs? I ran the damn game with only Axe-users ages ago, so obviously Staves aren't 100% necessary.

I might just play into your hands and reject this vote for no reason. On the other hand, I do have a modicum of integrity...

EDIT: Either way, as your justification is refuted facts, I don't feel bad asking you for more than you gave.

I said: Without a healer, how can I ever expect to win. I didn't say you.

Also higher Mag, Spd and Res growths.

Growths, sure, but I assumed from the wording of the post that she cared rather more about bases.

Honestly, in *the* important healing stat (MAG) she doesn't outstrip Moulder until they're both 8. It's a low level, but he has an availability advantage (and starts at a higher level) so Natasha has a bit of a way to crush him.

Where she DOES have a real advantage is in Pony, plus the fact that her MAG *does* outstrip Moulder's fairly quickly - and one must consider that Moulder's advantage chapters aren't much of a haven for staffers (either one is going to get much more XP spamming Torch/Unlock/Barrier later).

EDIT: Banzai, I just told you how you could expect to win. Vulneraries. Elixirs.

Edited by Integrity

Well maybe I'm not good enough to beat the game with Vulneraries and Elixirs.

In that case, I beg the question: are you? I need to know if we're speaking in pure hypotheticals here.

Doesn't quite have Moulder's defense, but still a good Bishop overall (especially for Lagdou).

7/10

On the other hand, I don't understand why a good player would use Vulneraries and Elixirs over healing. I've always thought it required more strategy not to use healing items. Granted you'd have to avoid staff abuse, but that doesn't make too much of a difference anyway.

Edited by FireEmblemReignsSupreme

On the other hand, I don't understand why a good player would use Vulneraries and Elixirs over healing. I've always thought it required more strategy not to use healing items. Granted you'd have to avoid staff abuse, but that doesn't make too much of a difference anyway.

It's a true point that the 'why' is a sticky question (a good player, to my mind, is one who knows the place of each), which is why I've never said that one SHOULD use potions instead of sticks. I've merely asserted that it isn't only possible, but that it isn't particularly difficult ESPECIALLY in FE8.

the point is not vulns and elixirs over healing, but that healing is not essential to completing a run. If the run has a healer, we'll use the goddamn healer. But say you're on a draft team and there's only one of each Moulder and Natasha to go around. That means two people will have no earlygame healers. Are you fucked because oh no you don't have an early healer? Of course not. Staffhealing makes things easier and is preferable, but it's not ESSENTIAL to beating the game.

Dammit Integ you beat me

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Take Moulder, give him slightly less time to grow, and make it so that a stiff breeze kills him, and you have Natasha. She has to dodge, or she dies. Luckily, she's an Ice affinity, so she can do something about her otherwise awful durability. Unfortunately, I'm a drafter, and I don't have time for anything that isn't Colm and Neimi, so. . .

6/10

Take Moulder, give him slightly less time to grow, and make it so that a stiff breeze kills him, and you have Natasha. She has to dodge, or she dies. Luckily, she's an Ice affinity, so she can do something about her otherwise awful durability. Unfortunately, I'm a drafter, and I don't have time for anything that isn't Colm and Neimi, so. . .

6/10

Likewise, Moulder's unable to do anything about his godawful crit evade (and personally, I'm rather intolerant of male healers, as well as those who have existent chances of being critblicked).

Likewise, Moulder's unable to do anything about his godawful crit evade (and personally, I'm rather intolerant of male healers, as well as those who have existent chances of being critblicked).

what the hell are you doing letting your healers getting attacked anyway

i mean

whose fault is it if that happens

Anyway, 6/10. I personally prefer her over Moulder, but acknowledge that his availability edge and higher starting Staff rank are pretty critical advantages over her.

Of course I'm still skeptical, you haven't provided anything except that little bit about Lagdou just now. I'm going to expect a lot more out of you if you want to give her a 10/10.

Additionally,

Considering I've never tried, I wouldn't know.

If you've never tried playing the game without sticks, how do you know they're invaluable?

what the hell are you doing letting your healers getting attacked anyway

i mean

whose fault is it if that happens

Well, I'm only human, after all. And it does happen where I wind up forgetting to move units in cases where they're spread out, especially when I'm tired (though that's all me tending to stay up late). That's all I can say. And I'm generally wary of crit rates above 0%... (yeah, you can say I'm just paranoid, but hey, it's justified).

Of course I'm still skeptical, you haven't provided anything except that little bit about Lagdou just now. I'm going to expect a lot more out of you if you want to give her a 10/10.

Additionally,

If you've never tried playing the game without sticks, how do you know they're invaluable?

Considering it's intuitively easier to play the game with a healer than without one, Natasha is well deserving of a 10/10. Whether or not it's impossible to play the game without a healer is irrelevant.

Considering it's intuitively easier to play the game with a healer than without one, Natasha is well deserving of a 10/10. Whether or not it's impossible to play the game without a healer is irrelevant.

Considering it's intuitively easier to play the game with a damage dealer than without one, Anyone is well deserving of a 10/10. Whether or not it's impossible to play the game without a damage dealer is irrelevant.

I think you're better off voting in a unary numerical system.

Edited by Daigoji Excellen

Considering it's intuitively easier to play the game with a damage dealer than without one, Anyone is well deserving of a 10/10. Whether or not it's impossible to play the game without a damage dealer is irrelevant.

I think you're better off voting in a unary numerical system.

Ah, but not all damage dealers do the job of dealing damage very well--like Marisa, and many others. Natasha, however, does the job of using staves quite well, and because she does her job well, I give her a score to reflect that.

By that logic, anyone is worthy of recieving a 10/10. And don't say it isn't. Obviously, more damage dealing units allow for more damage to be done, and more healers allow for more healing to be done. That entire point you managed to barf out of your mouth is irrelevant.

In fact, that is possibly the worst reason to rate something that I've ever read.

You get an Iron Rune in the desert, and he's like, the only unit who makes good use of it.

By that logic, anyone is worthy of recieving a 10/10. And don't say it isn't. Obviously, more damage dealing units allow for more damage to be done, and more healers allow for more healing to be done. That entire point you managed to barf out of your mouth is irrelevant.

In fact, that is possibly the worst reason to rate something that I've ever read.

Olol I refuted you before you even posted

Olol I refuted you before you even posted

By mere seconds. Our timestamps share the 3:13 time.

And you said because she does her job "quite well", she deserves a 10/10. Does Ross deserve a 10/10 for being able to traverse water/mts, and use axes? He traverses terrain and hits hard, quite well.

Does Duessel deserve a 10/10 for simply having A ranks in 3 weapon classes?

Does Knoll deserve a 10/10 for creating summons pretty much as soon as you get him? He does that quite well.

Edited by Elieson

I think Knoll wants that Rune, if you're using him. . .anyway. . .

Most crit chances are single-digit, so I don't mind. I use Moulder as bait because I draft. Sometimes, he needs to take one for the team.