Fire Emblem: Death or Glory Version 2.5(12/28/2014) out!

NYZgamer3

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a bit disappoint that Iivari wasn't used in Mageknight's playthrough. That myrm has potential plus high defense myrms are hard to come by in most FE romhacks (especially a damn good one at that!) but so far I'm really liking the changes that went along with the development of the the hack. I'm really digging that playable Armored Brigand! (Well, me being an axe buff would get excited over playable brigands and really decent axe users who can actually hold their own in terms of durability and very high defense all while chopping through a handful of enemies)

Main hero spearman, therefore game more difficult than original.

What exactly is your point?

I assume he means because of early game axe users, having a weapon triangle disadvantaged lord makes it 'more difficult'.

It's not like there are only axe using enemies though, and you have sword users for the axe enemies...

Edited by Siuloir

I'm calling it now, this General Seth guy is pretty new to Fire Emblem/Fire Emblem Romhacking (that or he probably hasn't played the game yet while jumping into a bad conclusion)

Everybody who's played this hack knows that not all the starting enemies are axe users and that the enemies vary. And I don't even remember fighting an axe user for a boss in the first few chapters (probably did, but I forgot who). He's probably thinking about the original fe7 Lyn mode or all the bandit chapters.

Also, there's a thing called balance, General Seth! The creator is not just going to leave his Lord character vulnerable simply because he uses lances! also, Ragnar's a fucking badass! Don't underestimate him!

I'm calling it now, this General Seth guy is pretty new to Fire Emblem/Fire Emblem Romhacking (that or he probably hasn't played the game yet while jumping into a bad conclusion)

Everybody who's played this hack knows that not all the starting enemies are axe users and that the enemies vary. And I don't even remember fighting an axe user for a boss in the first few chapters (probably did, but I forgot who). He's probably thinking about the original fe7 Lyn mode or all the bandit chapters.

Also, there's a thing called balance, General Seth! The creator is not just going to leave his Lord character vulnerable simply because he uses lances! also, Ragnar's a fucking badass! Don't underestimate him!

Pretty new to Fire Emblem series? It's true, But at me great experience in games of the genre jRPG and habit instantly notise specifics of games. I know about "principle triangle", but I often axe-fighters attacking spearmen because enemies gather in herd of sheep.

I don't wrote "this bad hack", but swordsman better withstand attack spearmen than Spearman withstand attack fighter. It's obviously, therefore...

Seriously, your English is horrible! It sounds incoherent it's hard for people to even comprehend what fuck you are saying!

Have you considered that they might not speak English well because their first language is not English? I've used translators to Japanese, and Chinese, and that's basically how they work because the dialects are so different. Don't be jumping down someone's throat just because they don't live in a primarily English speaking country.

Sorry, I got kind of carried away there.

But if General Seth is going to make criticisms or any other comments, he should at least be clear in what he is saying (then again, all of this could've been avoided if I just ignored the guy but even then his little observations seem a bit ignorant and his comment just comes off as him being an ass)

How do you not understand what he means?

Basically what he's saying is the main guy is at a disadvantage against axes because he uses lances and the make the game more difficult. Not that it's bad. Just more difficult because axe > lances which I guess is based on opinion

I think he's basing it on the near-omnipresent trend of JPRG heroes using swords while bandits mainly use axes. This kind of works with most earlygames being axe-heavy, but it ultimately fails here considering enemies often switch to lance-spam come midgame. Death or Glory is never dominated by a single weapon type unless we count reaver weapons so Ragnar's weapon choice doesn't necessarily make him "weaker." (Also lances have javelins and are much better at Rapier effectiveness so he'd probably be worse off using swords.)

Ok. I apologize if I was being an asshole here. It's just that General Seth is way off course from the actual premise of the game where the enemy units aren't exactly predominantly brigand/axe fighter-based yet he made a really dumb assumption that the hack would be like a formulaic sword lord unit with bandit chapters

Ok. I apologize if I was being an asshole here. It's just that General Seth is way off course from the actual premise of the game where the enemy units aren't exactly predominantly brigand/axe fighter-based yet he made a really dumb assumption that the hack would be like a formulaic sword lord unit with bandit chapters

I think he's basing it on the near-omnipresent trend of JPRG heroes using swords while bandits mainly use axes. This kind of works with most earlygames being axe-heavy, but it ultimately fails here considering enemies often switch to lance-spam come midgame. Death or Glory is never dominated by a single weapon type unless we count reaver weapons so Ragnar's weapon choice doesn't necessarily make him "weaker." (Also lances have javelins and are much better at Rapier effectiveness so he'd probably be worse off using swords.)

This was what I was thinking. I don't remember Death or Glory being overly axe heavy - I actually remember abusing the Nanbanfu a lot, which are Axes strong to swords (But maybe that was because my Agro was so amazing, and my Ragnar was so terrible).

Ragnar with a use of lance is not a problem at all. (I don't find it to be). The reason being is that I try to balance this hack as much as I can. Obviously, the new patch is not out yet but I have made dramatic changes to see if the balance is there in every chapter. The only chapters that are axe-heavy is chapter 4 and chapter 8. However, this is a strategic game. If you play the cards right, axe-heavy or not, there should not be any problems. Unless my balance is way off lol.

This was what I was thinking. I don't remember Death or Glory being overly axe heavy - I actually remember abusing the Nanbanfu a lot, which are Axes strong to swords (But maybe that was because my Agro was so amazing, and my Ragnar was so terrible).

Exactly! General Seth in his comment just comes off as ignorant.

My advice: don't make assumptions until you've actually played the game, General Seth!

Edited by Nathan Novelli

Seriously, your English is horrible! It sounds incoherent it's hard for people to even comprehend what fuck you are saying!

Okay. Can I write personally for You in Cyrillic? Maybe, then You will understand what I write. All for You, my lord.

I refused to use Google Translate on principle. This only way to raise level proficiency of English language :mellow:

Edited by General Seth

Well, it might not be a bad idea, actually. That way they can use both google translate(of your post in Cyrillic) and your english posts to figure it out. (though only two of your posts were very hard to understand, so far.)

(But you are also correct in that practice makes proficiency, yes. Don't forget to practice speech too!)

Edited by L95