Fire Emblem: Death or Glory Version 2.5(12/28/2014) out!

NYZgamer3

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

with the new patch will i have to start the game over or will the patch make chapter 14 as shown in the snapshots of them

You'll have to start the game over.

It wouldn't have been that hard to see if you had to do this or not though :/

Well if NYZ inserts the chapters right then they should turn into the proper chapter by resetting and restarting the chapter. Hopefully. Either way I'm not saving at that chapter, I'm just resetting after seizing so it starts at the end-of-chapter cutscene.

Also I played through it a second time and have a few things to say:

-In Ch3 I tried ignoring Abner and letting him catch up before recruiting him. It saves ~3-5 turns but that's not saying much when my TC is still 32.

-I tested the eventing in 8x by trying to grab the hidden item early. It didn't work. (good)

-With potions I was able to take both sides in Ch10 and completed it much faster (I think it was 21 turns). It helped that everyone bar Abner was at least as good or better than the first playthrough (Mil and Vidar started pretty bad but the former grew lots of Speed and the latter just grew out of it. Abner was Speed-screwed to the point he couldn't steal the Energystone.)

Broly- I don't believe u have to start over if u didn't save it at chapter 14.

X-Naut- I've changed chapter 3 to a much smaller map so for the next patch it won't be much of a problem. I believe now that this is a much better improvement than this chapter 3 map.

Head ups- work will progress slower due to a busy schedule but the next update will be a big one. I promise lol.

• 2 weeks later...

2.0 is still the most recent patch out, right?

Not sure if this typo's been identified yet, its during the conversation after chapter 1. During which I was disappointed to not get any goodies for not killing innocent people. Because really, who does good things for the sake of being not evil.

RiFLs3b.png

Should be "They also knew..." or the clumsier "They also had knowledge that..."

2.0 is still the most recent patch out, right?

Not sure if this typo's been identified yet, its during the conversation after chapter 1. During which I was disappointed to not get any goodies for not killing innocent people. Because really, who does good things for the sake of being not evil.

RiFLs3b.png

Should be "They also knew..." or the clumsier "They also had knowledge that..."

Yeah 2.0 is still the recent patch. Thanks for pointing that out I had most of my grammar mistakes taken care of however, I will double check again for more

[spoiler= some more frame by frame critique]

tF5fRRa.png

A bit awkwardly phrased, try something like "your denial doesn't change reality." A soldier who gets this much screen time should be partially eloquent, or uneducated in an obvious way.

p9kBTB5.png

Trampling

dmoKRCA.png

Inconsistently threatening.

I'm at the beginning of chapter 4, just read through its intro text before turning in for the night, cause that's what I do.

I like this game's chapter design. Cavaliers rushing down to aid the other allies you have partial control over is pretty cool, creating a sense of rush.

The writing has good and bad parts. Characters tend to do more narration than reacting during some of the longer dialogue sequences. This can extend to the point of awkwardness or illogicality, as people don't say what everyone can see unless there's a reason. For example, Kai shoots an arrow at an archer in a tower (at the beginning of ch3) and says something like ""Damn it, he hid behind the tower walls." Something like "I can't hit them behind their walls, commander" or "Bloody cowards, hidding behind stone." is a bit more conversational, and, to me at least, flows better. Another situation that comes up in dialogue a lot is commanders giving orders. They give them at a weird level of specificity, where they'd be too vague if their subordinates weren't listening before, but too specific/repetitive if they were.

I was wondering if I could look at your script, or at least the first few chapters of it to further illustrate my points. I can show you what I'd think make it flow better and sound more natural. (Obviously, you have the final say in your script, but I think I can help you here.)

• 2 weeks later...

I've just gotten started with this hack and I have to say I'm really enjoying it so far. The gameplay and chapter design is definitely solid, but the writing...... well it makes it clear that English isn't your first language (I believe that's correct? I haven't actually read through this thread in a long time). I don't know how many corrections have been suggested, and I don't know how many corrections have been implemented, but there are definitely a lot of errors from what I've seen so far (half done of chapter 3). If you want me to point out some errors I'd be happy to, but if they've already been noted and you just haven't corrected them yet then I won't bother. Still, my main point is that this is an excellent hack, so keep up the good work!

I've just gotten started with this hack and I have to say I'm really enjoying it so far. The gameplay and chapter design is definitely solid, but the writing...... well it makes it clear that English isn't your first language (I believe that's correct? I haven't actually read through this thread in a long time). I don't know how many corrections have been suggested, and I don't know how many corrections have been implemented, but there are definitely a lot of errors from what I've seen so far (half done of chapter 3). If you want me to point out some errors I'd be happy to, but if they've already been noted and you just haven't corrected them yet then I won't bother. Still, my main point is that this is an excellent hack, so keep up the good work!

Thank you! English is actually my first language, just grammar isn't my cup of tea lol. I'm still somewhat looking for a writer if anyone is interested. PM me for more details if anyone is interested.

Tried this the other day, I quite like it! I'm currently on CH10, but the reinforcements just kept coming and I'm just :/

Also I've been reading this topic and others seem to prefer Vidar over Tero, but the former got RNG-screwed :(:

But Tero just...wow FireEmblem_02_zpsda6b7905.png

And I got a pretty darn blessed Kai as well FireEmblem_01_zpsa3c24fe2.png

Anyways, keep up the good work! I'll keep on playing~ my Ragnar sucks so bad why

Edited by Maya A.

Tried this the other day, I quite like it! I'm currently on CH10, but the reinforcements just kept coming and I'm just :/

Also I've been reading this topic and others seem to prefer Vidar over Tero, but the former got RNG-screwed :(:

But Tero just...wow FireEmblem_02_zpsda6b7905.png

And I got a pretty darn blessed Kai as well FireEmblem_01_zpsa3c24fe2.png

Anyways, keep up the good work! I'll keep on playing~ my Ragnar sucks so bad why

Thank you!

You really got mad lucky w the stats. That Kai is amazing lol.

Oh God I should probably get back to working on this.
I'll get the next 2 chapters in this weekend, promise.

Only 9 days late so far

And I guess the first few chapters of my LP are sitting around somewhere waiting to be uploaded as well.

I blame reading week for all this. I haven't done anything productive in a long time.

Edited by Hawkeye

I'm on Chapter 7 and the King just died. Is that a bad thing?

Yeah, he is not suppose to die lol. Did you get a gameover screen when he died?

Oh God I should probably get back to working on this.

I'll get the next 2 chapters in this weekend, promise.

Only 9 days late so far

And I guess the first few chapters of my LP are sitting around somewhere waiting to be uploaded as well.

I blame reading week for all this. I haven't done anything productive in a long time.

Okie dokie!

What's your youtube page? I would like to see them if you're uploading them onto youtube lol

• 2 weeks later...

http://gyazo.com/f70cf91b5235923e7eb6970f4593a9cc

Ragnar's Homyrius is described as being effective against infantry, but mechanically it's actually cavalry-effective.

Side note - I really like the weapon icons.

Also, I kinda miss purple haired, feather wearing Ragnar.

Also #2 - There really should be a better clue about the civilians to avoid the 'HA-HA!' instant game over effect they can create. It's really punishing to the player, and doesn't offer them much knowledge of the situation (other than, hey, these guys don't move (and that one dude who can't equip a weapon - That part is clever, though they do equip their javelins almost immediately). It doesn't bother me on emulator when I savestate, but in the interest of game design.

Other things I've caught, dialogue wise -

"Silvatica has declared war. Not a moment ago I received these dark news." (Should be this).
"It's a bit of a shock for them to pull such a perculiar behavior." - The sentence is somewhat awkward, suggestion "Their behavior comes as a bit of a shock." / "This sort of peculiar behavior comes as a bit of shock." etc.
"Pondering why the sudden change" - wondering why the sudden change.
Edited by Siuloir