Pokemon Black Version 2 and White Version 2

Ragnell

Those new formes look pretty bad... :facepalm:

I hope enough's changed from B/W to make me buy this!

go go White 2

Does this mean there'll be a version 3.0?

EDIT: Just realized that the Reshiram/Kyurem fusion could be the first ever Fire/Ice type!

Edited by Venusaur

Yeah, and then by 12th Gen we'll have more colors like Brown Gray and Purple Gray. Then it will all end with Pokemon Rainbow :)

Edited by Racer

People have speculated the ruby and sapphire in the logos indicate Hoenn. Thoughts?

I'd actually buy them (if I could get the money) if it was a new region and Hoenn.

They could pull off something involving Hoenn if they wanted. I've also seen it pointed out that in the end of B/W N leaves Unova and is sighted in another region with a dragon pokemon. If you look carefully, the main pokemon for Black 2 seems to be Zekrom, which is actually the dragon N uses in Black 1. The same is true for Reshiram and White 2/White 1. The mascot dragons appear to have been switched between titles.

EDIT: Also, the official localized titles are Pokemon Black Version 2 and Pokemon White Version 2.

Edited by Ragnell

I wish they would have specified what they mean by 2. Does 2 mean a full sequel or just a typical third-game update? If this is a sequel, it's a day 1 buy for me for sure. I can't imagine what sort of shenanigans GF could cook up if they were to reuse a region for once. The new Kyurem forms look great, and the storyline in BW was actually intriguing enough that I would like to see a continuation. If it's just an update... eh. I might get one if nothing else is coming out that looks interesting. This is a pretty stupid cash grab if it's just an update, though. I cannot justify buying two versions of an updated version of a game I already have. That's just dumb.

I would rather know what these games are than learn what Kyurem's form names are (which is being broadcast next week).

Apparently it's a full sequel, although we'll have to see if they pull it off well.

Personally, I'm excited, although I'm probably only going to buy one of them. (Black 2, since I already have White.)

So if they are sequels, do we get new MC's or what?

I certainly hope so.

I'm really curious about what the game progression will be like. I mean, if B/W 1's main characters are still around (perhaps in a manner akin to Red/Blue), it would likely cause issues for the new main characters to randomly come from the same place, so maybe we'll be seeing some re-ordering of things.

A new pokemon game in my book is never a bad thing. I'm curious to see what these games will be like. I've been on a pokemon hiatus for a while, should probably start relearning these gen V pokemon...

Besides? Didn't the Pokemon: Rumble Blast released on the Nintendo 3DS in 2011 and this remake or sequel is on the Original DS that is coming to Fall 2012?

Edited by King Marth 64

• 2 weeks later...