Communication tidbits?

Nintendo hasn't officially mentioned anything about the game's Communication functions, besides there being Wireless, Wi-Fi, SteetPass and SpotPass capabilities, but it seems a Japanese retailer knows a few things that we don't.

I probably wouldn't put down this info as 100% confirmed just yet and it's all extremely vague anyway, but here you go:

Credits to TheEnd for the translations.

- "Dual Tag", fight together with another player through a wireless connection

- "Parallel My Units", when another player's army pops up

- Gaiden (sidequest) maps distributed via SpotPass

Wait, so the Gaiden chapters might be included in this game, but, they might be only available in Spotpass?

Edited by King Marth 64

I think that would make the gaidens sort of like the downloadble chapters for FE12 then, except being added to the campaign map. I wonder how it will work in terms of character and enemy levels or what point in the game they'll be accessible when downloaded.

Might be more like the Trial Maps or something. Although it would be much more interesting if they actually fit into the story mode.

- "Dual Tag", fight together with another player through a wireless connection

Wi-Fi coop battles?

Personally sounds more fun to me then fighting a friend. RPGs always have that problem where if you're fighting a friend who isn't as big a fan as you, you're just going to wipe the floor with them. That's not good for their ego and they're not so likely to try to play to catch up. Coop allows them to contribute.

- "Parallel My Units", when another player's army pops up

Street pass another Fire Emblem player to pick up their MyUnit, perhaps for a single battle? Or maybe it's a new permanent member of your party? But, how many tacticians does a team need? Maybe you can trade items around this way?

- Gaiden (sidequest) maps distributed via SpotPass

Nothing to observe here, Looks like fun!

My theory on the My Unit Street Pass is that it'll be like Unit trading from the DS title(s) (Honesty I forget if it was only 12 or both 11 and 12 that had this). Where the 'borrowed' MyUnit replaces yours for a chapter, doesn't gain stats but the EXP gained carries to your version of the Unit.