Text Editor

fuzz94

So I edited one of the opening text slots where Lyn is talking to the tactician to be a conversation between two people and when I started the ROM, it would not load past the start menu.

Is there a certain size restriction on how much of new text is added or something because that seems like the only logical explanation to me.

maybe we could use some more information

i don't know

are you 100% sure it worked before you changed the text?

are you 100% sure you didn't do anything between using feditor and the last time it worked?

are you 100% sure that you saved the rom before you changed anything in the rom?

---

are you 100% sure that you haven't screwed anything else up?

it worked before i did anything to the ROM

i only was using FEditor from the last time it worked

i saved my ROM and all

I just deleted that ROM because I am only working on the prologue and then just re did everything and i have yet to touch the text editor in fear of ruining the ROM

let's see, based on the information you've given us on this crash, i can tell you that...

you've screwed something or other up

you have to save your ROM before you do anything in FEditor (that is, "open -> save -> do your business -> save again")

jesus christ tell us exactly what you did and exactly what is screwing up next time if you want help

Edited by Camtech

Sorry if I was unclear. And as for saving before using FEditor Adv i had no idea so that would probably fix it.

The reason I lacked information on the crash is because I had no idea what happened to cause the crash, meaning I made the changes and saved the game, opened the ROM and it wouldn't load past the start menu

My favorite screeches (probably what most if not all of them are) are when the game is like "buttever just keep going" when it's decompressing shit (usually text) and just dumps it all over the RAM's chest.

Edited by Aleph

you have to save your ROM before you do anything in FEditor (that is, "open -> save -> do your business -> save again")

That did the trick apparently. Thank you.

Sorry if I caused any aggravation.