AIM to be killed off soon?

Wooster

Pidgin has a lot of compatibility issues with other IM programs as well. There was a point where I could barely talk to one of my friends who was using pidgin because of it.

The only problem I really noticed was file transfers, myself :/ That and the facebook plugin was a bit wonky and laggy.

I think I stopped using AIM sometime in... at the end of seventh grade, I guess. And then I used it for a part of 9th grade because it experienced a burst of activity for a bit.

I tend to use Steam these days. I leave MSN on in case my girlfriend shows up, but there I've blocked pretty much everyone there except for a few people, so Steam remains the main form of communication.

I have a Skype but I tend to avoid it like the plague because I never have one on one conversations with the people there, and if I leave it on, I always get a shitload of messages from the DoF chat which... I don't really talk in anyway. And I don't know how to temporarily stop receiving messages from it without leaving the group.

I have a Facebook but I never use it because I forget about it.

EDIT: Actually let me face facts: except for one or two or three people, I don't really talk to anyone anymore.

Edited by Lux Aeterna

I have a Skype but I tend to avoid it like the plague because I never have one on one conversations with the people there, and if I leave it on, I always get a shitload of messages from the DoF chat which... I don't really talk in anyway. And I don't know how to temporarily stop receiving messages from it without leaving the group.

If you set your status on Skype to "away," you'll still get the messages, but the screen itself won't pop up when a new message is received. If you want to read or take part in the conversation, you can open up Skype and manually open it. Then you can either read the messages that have popped up since the last time you were on, or just scroll down to the bottom and catch up with what's going on right then.

, or MSN

People still use that? To be honest, i hate MSN much much much more than i do AIM. AIM is annoying but like i said before, there are people i talk to that still use it.

(zomg i hate MSN)