Rate the Unit, Day 11: Thany

unless you're talking about NM speedrun thany in which case 12/10

yeah I've been watching that goddamn man that shit is tight

I actually visit SDA every day to check the thread.

I never do this.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thany. That silly pegknight with the shit eating grin.

Pros:

Flies.

Rescue drop.

Decent speed.

Good availability.

Cons:

Really bad strength.

Defense is assy.

At first, she seems a lot like Florina. Unlike Florina though, Thany doesnt get that much better. Maybe i just have bad luck but she gets kinda crap ass growths across the board. Plus she likes to lag and be a serious pain in my ass to train. Sad, that. I really love pegknights. She is useful though for helping guys get to places.

7/10. Yeah thats a low rating for a pegknight coming from me. But i just dont have good luck with her.

As everyone has said she has a horrid str growth equal to a swordmaster, but she doesn't even have the decency to come with a Sm's base str. She can double almost anything the whole game long which is rare but even so she is doing about the same or less damage in 2 attacks then others do in one. Her durability relies on dodging which she does well thanks to 60% speed and luck growths. She flies though that makes her useful until you get Tate.

She gets a 7.5/10

But enough about Chad, he'll have to wait till tomorrow to be rated. Thany flies around, but there's not that many chapters where a flier is beneficial. Her starting chapter. Chapter 5 possibly? (The one with the gate where Saul does not join and there are mountains) Chapter 9 she can do villages if archers don't hit her. She busy recruiting her sister in the next flying is useful chapter, and chapters 13-15. After that, you've already gotten Ragnell Miredy and promoted/trained her, so Thany's now pretty superfluous.

Thany gets 7/10

You forget 8x, where she cuts your turncount in half. Also even when she's "busy recruiting her sister", her sis doesn't show up for a while. If you are talking Echidna's recruitment, how do you think you get characters over the wall to attack the boss and save the villages?

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Shani is useful for ferrying, getting to the villages on time, and seizing maps faster by having her ferry Roy. It is advised to promote her on the Western Isles, because there are many Axe users in this game. Her Str is already horrid, so she should finish off enemies that are near death till her Str gets better, or just ditch her later when you get Thite if she got screwed which has a good chance of happening since her Str growth is only 30%. She'll also get the chance to use better weapons in a shorter amount of time to make up for her poor Str thanks to her great availibility. So....she at least should be used for ferrying. Her dodge is also great and having a great chance to find items in the desert in Chapter 14 thanks to her good Spd and Luk growths.

7/10

Edited by リンダ

yeah I've been watching that goddamn man that shit is tight

I actually visit SDA every day to check the thread.

I never do this.

so that IS you

i thought there was some dude named "Integrity" on SDA and was like "damn, what a coincidence"

Wait. You're rating a character in a game you've never played?!

Because it's so difficult to determine just how useful a unit can be in a Fire Emblem game in a forum in which everyone likes to talk about how useful/terrible certain units are.

I think I can do just fine in rating certain units based on that alone since FE games generally aren't all too different from game to game with some exceptions.

she has okay combat with her okay stats and okay growths. the thing to make her great is her being the only flier for quite a while.

I don't really like mounts.

7.5/10

I actually really like Thany; she's a Pegasus Knight for one. Flying by Chapter 2 is really great and helpful all around. Great design-- doesn't that smile just brighten your day? I can just imagine her smiling while she's slaughtering a Brigand, just laughing at the fact that he can't hit her.

Plus, she has GREAT hair. 10/10

so that IS you

i thought there was some dude named "Integrity" on SDA and was like "damn, what a coincidence"

yeah, that's me

anyway, tallying thanyday so we can do (chad?)