Class Change and Support Conversations

thanibomb

Will the confirmed class change system affect the possibility of support conversations? A lot of the support conversations in previous games have a lot to do with character class (i.e. pegasus knights talking about their mount or mages explaining how they learned magic). This could also mean that there won't be any special talks between characters when they land on a certain tile or converse on a specific part of the map (something I really liked about Seisen).

Then again, they could still be done with the class change system, but it would be kind of... strange... for a general to be talking about her pegasus. :/

would still be awkward. . . in the long run

I just mean, it wouldn't be an issue to direct the conversations to other topics instead.

FE12 did fine with Reclass and support conversations, so I wouldn't be worried. What I am a bit worried about are the CGI movies, like Pegasus Knight General Sumia coming to Krom's rescue.

I expect the class change item won't be available until later in the story, and that plot important people like Chrome and MU can't use it, thus not interfering with cutscenes.

Well, they'll probably all be able to use it, but just the level-reset part, not the class change. Otherwise, yeah. With all the substantial changes that characters get when they promote (Sumia's pegasus, Liz's skirt), cutscenes they show up in will likely be before that point, all on top of the possibility that later on, most characters will likely have the possibility of being dead and not showing up.

Well, they'll probably all be able to use it, but just the level-reset part, not the class change. Otherwise, yeah. With all the substantial changes that characters get when they promote (Sumia's pegasus, Liz's skirt), cutscenes they show up in will likely be before that point, all on top of the possibility that later on, most characters will likely have the possibility of being dead and not showing up.

Hm...perhaps so. Radiant Dawn used a similar approach so it's possible. Another option is the cut-scene's ignore the characters classes altogether.

FE12 did fine with Reclass and support conversations, so I wouldn't be worried. What I am a bit worried about are the CGI movies, like Pegasus Knight General Sumia coming to Krom's rescue.

Indeed. IS probably wouldn't care about that level of detail; it's unlikely that reclass will have any impact on the story.

Class has very little to do with most support conversations, and besides that class changes are limited. I'm sure Soiree's entire personality is not "I'm a cavalier" and Sumia's isn't "I'm a pegasus knight!" On top of that, it would still make sense for General!Sumia to talk about her pegasus. It's not like she wouldn't still have it once she's a general. It just isn't on the battlefield with her.