• Ramon
    • Ashnard
    • Sanaki
    • Caineghis
    • Naesala
    • Tibarn
    • Dheginsea
    • Lorazieh

In all seriousness, I think Ashnard would appear to be the best ruler.

Most of the points here have been from our perspective here on earth.

If we consider this from a citizen's perspective in the game, Ashnard is a good ruler.

If I was a begnion citizen, I would really have a hard time respecting a 10 year old, regardless of who she is.

Tibarn appears to be more interested in Serenes and Begnion than Phoenicis.

Naesala is a good king, but the point "What good does expanding your borders do if you find enemies on every side?" kind of makes me look at his case a little bit differently.

Caineghis doesn't really give me a good example to make a point either way.

Whenever I look at Dheginsea I can't help but think that people follow him because of his power, not his leadership.

Ramon's actions brought ruin to his country. Good job, buddy, I really wanna go there now.

Now, If we look at Ashnard's case, He gives everyone that lives within his border a chance, provided they know how to fight.

It's the only country where being a noble means squat and you can get fed, regardless.

Also, even after he leaves his citizens to die, they still believe in his cause moreso than any other ruler.

Bleh, this was a long post and now that I read through it, I realize how much was irrelevant. Ah well.

you do have many valid points, i give you that. but i'm afraid i have to disagree.

1.) maybe Ashnard gave his people the opportunity to go up in the social hierarchy. regardless, this doesn't make him a good king, since all he really cared about was releasing the dark god. this is evident when he abandoned his people and moved out to Crimea.

2.) in the current society, listening to a child may be ridiculous. but you have to consider, the majority of the population were probably not educated much. and as it is shown all the time in history, uneducated people tend to be more faithful than people who are educated. a theocracy with a child as a ruler is really not that far from reality (look at King Tut, for example) they really believed that the apostle was chosen by the goddess (and in a way, they were with the obvious exception of Sanaki)

3.) Ramon. do you not believe it to be the action of a good king to try to close the gaps between the peoples of a continent? do you not find it inspiring that he actually tried to bring down the barriers that separated Beorc and Laguz? doesn't that make Ramon a good king? and in all truthfulness, Ashnard didn't target Crimea because of its decision to support Laguz. He targeted because it was the weakest nation that it could invade (Ashnard wasn't about to invade Begnion, was he?) and his purpose was to bring the continent to war. it would have been more effective if Daein attacked Crimea, since that could possibly bring Gallia into the war, and eventually all the Laguz countries except Goldoa

you have many good points, but left many loopholes open.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you do have many valid points, i give you that. but i'm afraid i have to disagree.

1.) maybe Ashnard gave his people the opportunity to go up in the social hierarchy. regardless, this doesn't make him a good king, since all he really cared about was releasing the dark god. this is evident when he abandoned his people and moved out to Crimea.

2.) in the current society, listening to a child may be ridiculous. but you have to consider, the majority of the population were probably not educated much. and as it is shown all the time in history, uneducated people tend to be more faithful than people who are educated. a theocracy with a child as a ruler is really not that far from reality (look at King Tut, for example) they really believed that the apostle was chosen by the goddess (and in a way, they were with the obvious exception of Sanaki)

3.) Ramon. do you not believe it to be the action of a good king to try to close the gaps between the peoples of a continent? do you not find it inspiring that he actually tried to bring down the barriers that separated Beorc and Laguz? doesn't that make Ramon a good king? and in all truthfulness, Ashnard didn't target Crimea because of its decision to support Laguz. He targeted because it was the weakest nation that it could invade (Ashnard wasn't about to invade Begnion, was he?) and his purpose was to bring the continent to war. it would have been more effective if Daein attacked Crimea, since that could possibly bring Gallia into the war, and eventually all the Laguz countries except Goldoa

you have many good points, but left many loopholes open.

...Yeah, you're right. I just wanted to point out that not everyone would look down on Ashnard's rule.

In all seriousness, I think Ashnard would appear to be the best ruler.

Most of the points here have been from our perspective here on earth.

If we consider this from a citizen's perspective in the game, Ashnard is a good ruler.

If I was a begnion citizen, I would really have a hard time respecting a 10 year old, regardless of who she is.

Tibarn appears to be more interested in Serenes and Begnion than Phoenicis.

Naesala is a good king, but the point "What good does expanding your borders do if you find enemies on every side?" kind of makes me look at his case a little bit differently.

Caineghis doesn't really give me a good example to make a point either way.

Whenever I look at Dheginsea I can't help but think that people follow him because of his power, not his leadership.

Ramon's actions brought ruin to his country. Good job, buddy, I really wanna go there now.

Now, If we look at Ashnard's case, He gives everyone that lives within his border a chance, provided they know how to fight.

It's the only country where being a noble means squat and you can get fed, regardless.

Also, even after he leaves his citizens to die, they still believe in his cause moreso than any other ruler.

Bleh, this was a long post and now that I read through it, I realize how much was irrelevant. Ah well.

I agree on much of it. Mostly about Tibarn and Sanaki. I havem't been thinking of what you mentioned about Tibarn and his country.

And in RD, Titania mention something about that Caineghis wasn't very unlike Skirmir or something, and I don't think that's a lift.

I don't think it's fair to blame Ramon. He did a good job, trying to restore the peace between laguz and beorc. It didn't end up very good, but at least he and Caineghis gave it a shot. (That's a + for the lion king.)

Dheghinsea did what he thought was the best for the world, but I agree with Tibarn, he's far too stubborn.

And so Naesala. I believe I've already spoken my mind about him in this post. I think he's the greatest of them all. What Dheghinsea said to him during the meeting was rather a guideline than fact. And I believe Naesala would have become a great king once the blood pact was destroyed. (I don't mean he wasn't great from the beginning, 'cause he really was!) I don't think those final words about him in the epilouge was fair: "He became a diplomat, finding atonement in work." Atonement?! He didn't take order form the senate by his own free will!

The people don't follow Dheginsea because they fear him. They do it out of their own will. Ena said that herself (or was it Nasir?). I think he's a pretty good ruler if his people follow him without ever questioning him (save for a few of them who fled).

And he may be stubborn, but all he wanted to do was to prevent further death and destruction.