Backup

Othin

Apparently we have these two skills:

Defense Cry - When activated through the "Backup" command, gives +4 Def to all allies within 3 squares for one turn

Magic Cry - When activated through the "Backup" command, gives +4 Mag to all allies within 3 squares for one turn

We also have Strength Cry with a similar icon - the effect isn't confirmed but I don't think there's any question of it. Defense Cry is learned by Generals and Magic Cry is learned by Sages; Strength Cry seems to be learned by Berserkers based on the screenshot where it appears. We'll probably also get similar skills for the other stats for other classes. My guess is on Skill Cry for Snipers, Speed Cry for Swordmasters, and Resistance Cry for Battle Monks and Battle Clerics. They all seem to fit with the others in being a bit behind corresponding classes in other sttributes like weapons and mobility, to have a reason to make up for that in skills.

So, what happens if a character gets more than one of those skills? Sumia, for example, can use a Change Proof to become a General and learn Defense Cry. She can then use a Change Proof again to become a Sage, and as far as we can tell, she'd retain Defense Cry, but she can also learn Magic Cry as a Sage. But according to the skills' descriptios, there's only one command to activate the different ones. So perhaps this means she could use it to give a bonus to both Defense and Magic?

On the other hand, this could get ridiculous. If a character has access to say the Archer, Knight, and Priest classes, then if the skills turn out to be distributed as I predicted, they could boost as many as four stats for their allies with one command. But then, that could only happen after using several Change Proofs and leveling up extensively in at least five different classes. So it makes sense that there could be some neat rewards for doing that. It would also require using up four out of five skill skill slots for the strategy. But while we're thinking of equipping skills, it's possible that it might just not be possible to equip two different Cry skills at the same time, if it's even possible to carry them over between. But that would be boring, and could get kinda weird if you already have one and learn another mid-chapter. Personally, I'm putting my hopes on being able to stack them, since it would be so much more exciting that way.

Thoughts on this and on any other wacky potential results with the skill system?

Edited by Othin

Anything thing with a [skill]% or[skill]/2% activation especially if it's possible that a combination of 3 of Sol/Luna/Lethiality/Astra are available to put on a single character as a Sword Master. Due to their massive skill stat it would get to the point that regular attack becomes almost non-existant between these skills and criticals.

Maybe I'm underthinking things, but I'd imagine that the Backup command, when used with multiple Cry skills equipped, would simply open up a sub-menu that would require a choice as to which Cry is activated. As you said, +4 for four different stats is absurd.

I personally feel that they would be stackable. It gives further incentive to use the Change Proofs as well as take advantage of the various opportunities to gather EXP. I'd imagine that pairing up Defense Cry, Strength Cry, and whatever other Cry with a good Support plus the Duel system would make for a nigh impregnable fortress of doom!!!!

And that's always fun to do whenever I'm attempting to build up a particular unit team. Radiant Dawn I had some limited team combo's, but the effectiveness of pairs in this game makes Radiant Dawn look a bit shallow in comparison. I am really excited to see what other options become available.

Maybe I'm underthinking things, but I'd imagine that the Backup command, when used with multiple Cry skills equipped, would simply open up a sub-menu that would require a choice as to which Cry is activated. As you said, +4 for four different stats is absurd.

Now that you mention it, that's definitely a possibility, and probably the most likely one. But it seems difficult eniugh to get more than one or two of those skills on one character that who knows?

Now that you mention it, that's definitely a possibility, and probably the most likely one. But it seems difficult eniugh to get more than one or two of those skills on one character that who knows?

It's like Order in the Tellius games.