Rate the Unit, Day 32: Tate

Hang on...i...didnt seem to recruit her. I talked to her with Thany and she like, turned NPC and left. Does she only come on the Ilia route?

I haven't played FE6, so I may be wrong. But from what I've heard, you can only recruit Tate by talking to her with Klein.

Tate is one of the units that is saved by hard mode. She has decent def, good res, and good health especially for her class. She has good avoid will cap speed at level 18/0 and level 20/12, though her luck is only average with 6 starting luck and 40 percent growth. She can become a good combat unit with training given 40 percent str growth, good skill, and great speed. She has some issues namely D lances and her con low con, but always have the choice of making her worse at rescue drop and better at combat by giving her the body ring. Without the body ring she will have trouble using anything heavier then an iron lance due to AS loss. She can do great 1 range damage if she can get her sword rank to C, but that will be late in the game and you have 2 levels of just iron sword first. She can't reliably 2 range given that it takes her as down by 5 points which misses the double on a lot of the faster units.

9/10 with a bias point. Her main point is to upgrade Thany who's str is suspect in hard mode, and she does Thany's job very well and can even kill things if so desired.

Her combat's not precisely good, but I suppose after a couple levels she could promote early and it would help her. Her constitution is always prohibitively low which makes using steel lances or javelins effectively very difficult. She still has better combat than Thany did (or ever will) so that's something. She shows up before the desert which is nice and she can always fly people around. I just wish this game's pegasus knights didn't have such terrible stats.

I don't really know how to accurately rate flight utility, so:

10/10

mai waifu

much as I want to count a 10/10 for Tate, no, Brad.

Tallying, will give Brad a while to revise before I start ignoring.

EDIT: hahaha marth you nailed that by SECONDS

Edited by Integrity