in the event that it doesnt come to america

Not really. When looking at it in terms of partitioning where exactly profits are coming from, it's an option. Of course we can find it weird and criticize it, but, it'd be better if we do so in the regards that the decision was likely made, not outside of it.

I never said it was a poor business option - although I doubt it's as good of one as Nintendo thinks it is.

However, attaching the region lock to a system mid-way through a system's life cycle along with a few minor upgrades is simply bizarre.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll import, hack mah 3ds into being region free.

Then I'll eat popcorn in front of NoA in NY while playing this game and laughing maniacally.

Dude, you are a Genius. I might be standing there with you.

Is it possible to remove a region-lock by hacking?

To my understanding, it's possible with the Wii. I don't believe any such method has been found for the 3DS yet, but I also don't know of any reasons why it could not eventually be possible.

Edited by Othin

Actually, they've been locked since the DSi. Which is just weird.

Not that it really did anything on the DSi, aside from a few exceptions, most games were freely playable on any DSi system.

Considering Anti-piracy measures were easily broken within hours on most DS games, I would imagine that once the 3DS is hacked and there are flash carts, region lock will not be an issue. I would rather BUY the game, and currently plan on importing a 3DS and the game, but this sort of thing makes me less likely to want to support them.

If it means anything, none of the previous DS models are region-locked. Only the 3DS is. Which is really stupid. :/

One thing I can understand by doing it is to stop people throwing their money example from EU to JP just to get FE 13 EARLIER.

Like RD example, without Wii's region lock, most of the people in EU who were going to buy it, would have ordered it from NA 4 months before it's released in EU.

But then when the game comes only into EU or NA... the guy who came up with the idea of region lock, I have to say those 3 words for you: Suck my cock.

Good that there are emulators (I dunno is the one that's able to handle FE13 when it comes out here in EU) and hackers (even it will take time too).

Edited by Serene Flight

Oh wow, some people are having fun. I saw the bundle listed in ebay for $550 and in rakuten for ~$600, and the game only for $100. Who would be actually stupid enough to pay that price?

play-asia.com seems to be going a similar road. It doesn't list the price yet, but the Monster Hunter bundle that seems to correspond with it and sells in Japan for the equivalent of just over $200 is sold there for $400. That's $100 more than buying the game and the system separately, even from the site.

play-asia.com seems to be going a similar road. It doesn't list the price yet, but the Monster Hunter bundle that seems to correspond with it and sells in Japan for the equivalent of just over $200 is sold there for $400. That's $100 more than buying the game and the system separately, even from the site.

In the event that it doesn't come to america, I would be willing to pay that price ._.

In the event that it doesn't come to america, I would be willing to pay that price ._.

The absolute price isn't even as much of an issue as the comparative one. Bundles are supposed to be a cheaper alternative for people who want both, but when I was able to order the two separately for $308, why would I bother with the bundle? Spending an extra $100 for a fancy design? No thanks.

And yeah I'm not even waiting to see if it gets translated. I want to experience this while it's fresh and new, not once everyone already knows everything about it unless I seal myself off from the info I've been having so much fun searching out in the meantime. Based on the looks of this game, it's worth it.

The absolute price isn't even as much of an issue as the comparative one. Bundles are supposed to be a cheaper alternative for people who want both, but when I was able to order the two separately for $308, why would I bother with the bundle? Spending an extra $100 for a fancy design? No thanks.

And yeah I'm not even waiting to see if it gets translated. I want to experience this while it's fresh and new, not once everyone already knows everything about it unless I seal myself off from the info I've been having so much fun searching out in the meantime. Based on the looks of this game, it's worth it.

That's how it normally ends up with the bundles (at least the ones from japan). Buying the game and system together is usually cheaper than getting a fancy system with the bundle. There aren't any bundles that interest me out in the US so I have no idea if those are actually cheaper.

Good luck on experiencing the game while its new. Unfortunately, by the time you get it I'm sure we'll know most of the details. Its not even officially out in Japan yet and look at how much we know!

Edited by Jediabiwan

I wonder even if this game does come to America, will the Euro or US version feature all the 120 street pass characters, including the Japan-only-games ones? Because I really want to use my FE4 lovelies (and may import a Japanese version if they aren't in the European or American version).

Good luck on experiencing the game while its new. Unfortunately, by the time you get it I'm sure we'll know most of the details. Its not even officially out in Japan yet and look at how much we know!

I'm not too worried about having the steak of FE13 be cooked well as long as it doesn't end up as charcoal. I suspect that the details we'll get in the next couple of weeks will serve to prepare the meal rather than going too far and ruining it.

There's always gonna be the European version unless they backpedal at the last minute........:mellow:

Language-wise, yeah. But you'd still need to buy it at the increased price and at a delay.

Hope Nintendo doesn't pull a Sega with Valkyria Chronilces 3... If this doesn't get released in US, will Operation Rainfall pick this up to petition Nintendo to release it?

Hope Nintendo doesn't pull a Sega with Valkyria Chronilces 3... If this doesn't get released in US, will Operation Rainfall pick this up to petition Nintendo to release it?

The heads over at Operation Rainfall have already expressed interest in getting this game localized, but they're waiting until E3 before finalizing any plans.