You top 5 favortie First person shooter games

xblade

Metroid games aren't FPS's. :facepalm:

FPS = First Person Shooter.

Yes they are. That is if you're referring to Metroid Prime.

:facepalm:

Anyway, here's my list:

1. Portal

2. Bioshock

3. Borderlands

4. Fallout 3

5. Call of Duty 3: World at War

Honerable Mentions: CoD Modern Warfare (the first one), Halo 2, 007 Nightfire.

Edited by Handasa Kravit

why do I continue to support you by posting in these

;/

This topic is pointless. All FPS games are the same, so how can some be better or worse?

hahahaha you're so stupid go away~

ANYWAY

5: Call of Duty 4. Everything afterwards was rehashed MW1. Everything before was worse than MW1.

4: Planetside. Any true man will have Planetside on this list. VANU SOVEREIGNTY FOR LIFE

3: Killing Floor. AH TOHLD YOU, AH AM WEWDIN THIS DOAH

2: Battlefield 2142 / Battlefield 3. 3 > BC2 > 2 but 2142 also > BC2 > 2 so I don't know yet how they mesh against each other. Look to this space if the rumors about Battlefield 2143 turn out to be true <3

1: Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. Oh God, those were the best days. I still remember playing good old baserush, that was the best map ever ;_;

EDIT:

Actually, the Prime games are First Person Action-Adventure games.

so what's Portal? Borderlands? Hell, Bioshock? I don't think you'd find anybody who disputed the latter two as FPSes, and Borderlands has more in common with Diablo than anything.

Edited by Integrity

5: Call of Duty 4. Everything afterwards was rehashed MW1. Everything before was worse than MW1.

Truth. MW2 and up were just way to complex with the weird stuff they added.

Truth. MW2 and up were just way to complex with the weird stuff they added.

ACOG Blue Tiger AK-74u <3

The guns in MW1 just had a feel that was ...better.

Actually, the Prime games are First Person Action-Adventure games.

You are a retard.

Let me explain what FPS means.

First Person - You see the game through the eyes of the main character.

Shooter - You shoot shit. There may be no game that better explains this than Metroid where you can freeze/shock/plasma enemies to death with your GUN for an arm.

Hence First Person Shooter. In fact, Fallout 3 is even LESS than an FPS than Metroid Prime because of its ability to be in 3rd person. And it's considered a Western RPG FPS.

The Prime games are neither first person nor shooters when Samus is in Morph Ball mode. Both with that and a lot of other things, the Prime games involve a lot that isn't shooting.

The Prime games are certainly FPSs, and I'm no expert on FPSs, but I don't think it's accurate to say that they constitute an FPS more than other games being mentioned.

But yes, Fallout is a great supporting example of how a game can be clearly an FPS and yet also fit into other genres.

I am shocked and appalled at the lack of Half-Life 1/2 on here. They are easily among the best games of all time.1. Half-Life 22. Half-Life 13. Halo CE4. BioShock5. Rainbow Six ThreeR6 is more a tactical shooter, but it can be considered an FPS.