Game screenshots & info

No. 3

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first I considered Rainbow Cry to be extremely over powered (more than even Ike's Aether), but then I considered Lunatic having enemies that can one shot Fred in Chapter 1. Seems to me that you'll need all the help you can get with this game.

Hey, remember how I was suggesting a while ago that characters might be able to learn multiple Cry abilities to stack them and use them all at once? With Rainbow Cry available, I'm guessing that's the case.

I still wanna know if there is more first-gen playable units or not. My choices feel... limited. Maybe its just how the character design rubs off on me. Also, I want a few returning characters to eventually get proper bodies to fight in.

That big-bad is actually a Sorcerer. :p I was kinda hoping for a custom class...

I do hope we see more enemy magic units.

Oh, any new monster classes? I only saw that footless zombie. I want dracozombies ;_;

they haven't really shown much in terms of non-human combatants, have they?

There were the weird melting guys, but that's about it.

Maybe we'll see some more monster-like humanoids, considering this game seems to be focusing on humans more.

though, they might bring some Dragons out later.

Edited by StrategistPockystix

I'm pretty sure there are a few stragglers. (Why does no one have a pic of Henry yet?)

But I think we have most of them. I do agree. The cast feels... small. Even if it isn't. We have 45 Characters, if I counted right.

Edited by L95

At first I considered Rainbow Cry to be extremely over powered (more than even Ike's Aether), but then I considered Lunatic having enemies that can one shot Fred in Chapter 1. Seems to me that you'll need all the help you can get with this game.

Yeah, he gets OHKO'd by an enemy with a Hammer when he's a class that's weak to them. I would HOPE base Frederick is OHKO'd by something that has something to the tune of 50+ effective attack

[spoiler=Krom's Skills]

Royal Weapon seems kinda... overkill? Skill Activation Rate +10%, but he only has a single skill with an activation rate? Or would it also increase his Dual Attack+? Since he can't change classes (I think), he cant really dip into another class for more skills. They could have made it Aether+10% and it'd be pretty much just as good.

Also, do we seriously have no evidence that Adept/Continue exists yet?

Well looking at the counts so far, we have:

Lord x1

Strategist x1

Cavalier x2

Knight x1

Great Knight x1

Pegasus Knight x2

Dracoknight x1

Myrmidon x1

Thief x1

Swordmaster x1

Trickster x1

Archer x1

Mercenary x1

Fighter x1

Brigand x0

Mage x2

Dark Mage x2

Priest x1

Cleric x1

Troubadour x1

Villager x1

Dancer x1

Taguel x1

Manakete x2

We may well have all the Gen 1 Tier 1 starting units we're going to see. Those numbers are comparable to the ones in FE8, and we have Reclassing for more flexibility and children characters and bonus characters for more.

What I'm confused by is the apparent lack of prepromotes. We have Frederick, Sairi, and Anna, and I'm not even sure Anna counts. being a Gaiden character. Children characters all appear to start at LV10 unpromoted. So this is very very odd.

Looking at that one wiki site, it has chapter data through Ch18, but very few characters listed as joining: from Ch14-18, Sairi is the only character listed as recruitable. I wonder if this is inaccurate, or maybe it's when some children potentially show up but not necessarily. Either way, it's strange.

they haven't really shown much in terms of non-human combatants, have they?

There were the weird melting guys, but that's about it.

Maybe we'll see some more monster-like humanoids, considering this game seems to be focusing on humans more.

though, they might bring some Dragons out later.

Compounding the strangeness: there's a Beast Killer weapon, but there doesn't seem to be anything other than Griffin Knights that it would be effective against.

[spoiler=Krom's Skills]

Royal Weapon seems kinda... overkill? Skill Activation Rate +10%, but he only has a single skill with an activation rate? Or would it also increase his Dual Attack+? Since he can't change classes (I think), he cant really dip into another class for more skills. They could have made it Aether+10% and it'd be pretty much just as good.

I get the idea Krom may very well have access to class changing.

It may also be for Lucina, if she picks up other skills from her mother or if she winds up with access to Change Proofs.

Edited by Othin

[spoiler=Krom's Skills]

Have we confirmed Krom can't reclass? Since even Manaketes can, who knows.

Edited by TheEnd

Have we confirmed Krom can't reclass?

I don't think there's been any confirmation, thus the "(I think)". But Marth couldn't reclass, and I've seen nothing about Krom being able to, so it seems like a safe assumption.

Hey, remember how I was suggesting a while ago that characters might be able to learn multiple Cry abilities to stack them and use them all at once? With Rainbow Cry available, I'm guessing that's the case.

Looks like that's definitely the case. Rainbow Cry would trump stacking all the others in that the stat-ups all start at the same time as opposed to decreasing. A question is, if MU uses Rainbow Cry then another unit uses say, Defense Cry, do the effects stack and units end up with Defense +8 (or is it 7?)?

That news of enemies potent enough to OHKO a great knight (who isn't a prepromote scrub but more like Seth/Titania-ish league, apparently) at the beginning of a lunatic mode looks unsettling. Great knights didn't used to be weak to hammers as recently as the turn of the century........weren't halberds scary enough for them?

Edited by FabledTome

Have we confirmed Krom can't reclass? Since even Manaketes can, who knows.

Yeah, if Nono and Tiki can reclass, I'd suspect anyone could.

What's odd is, Rapiers are assigned to Lords as a class. One result is that it makes it available to both Krom and Lucina. But if either of them reclasses even to Hero or something, they'd lose access to it. I can't tell whether that makes it more likely or not.

I don't think there's been any confirmation, thus the "(I think)". But Marth couldn't reclass, and I've seen nothing about Krom being able to, so it seems like a safe assumption.

Manaketes couldn't reclass in FE11/12, either. Neither could Thieves or Ballisticians. But Manaketes now can reclass, Thieves are back to being a normal class entirely, and Ballisticians are gone.

Edited by Othin

But I think we have most of them. I do agree. The cast feels... small. Even if it isn't. We have 45 Characters, if I counted right.

Bit disappointing, if that's the case. And I was just starting to enjoy the huge cast lists, too.

I'd understand some chapters trickling down on the amount of characters gained and some skipped altogether. I guess we might be able to make more sense of this as data is released beyond its current status. And only 45 characters with there being about 46 classes (42 minus the lords and strategists)? Sounds fishy.

Edited by Only My Unit

Yeah, if Nono and Tiki can reclass, I'd suspect anyone could.

Are you kidding Krom is a Lord how would that be justified. "Hi I'm Krom I used to be an awesome Lord but then I thought I was too cool so I became a priest so I could suck ass, kthxbai."

Alright, I decided to google it. Of course I don't know how reliable this comment (246) is, but

クロムはソシアルかアーチャーにしかなれんのに

ルキナは6種類くらいなれる・・・

"Krom can only change into Cavalier and Archer, while Lucina can change into six classes..."

That news of enemies potent enough to OHKO a great knight (who isn't a prepromote scrub but more like Seth/Titania-ish league, apparently) at the beginning of a lunatic mode looks unsettling. Great knights didn't used to be weak to hammers as recently as the turn of the century........weren't halberds scary enough for them?

They were weak to them in FE8 and it's basically the same class (a promotion for Cavalier that has less move than Paladins in exchange for being tankier and access to the whole WT).

Edited by Paperblade

Looking at that one wiki site, it has chapter data through Ch18, but very few characters listed as joining: from Ch14-18, Sairi is the only character listed as recruitable. I wonder if this is inaccurate, or maybe it's when some children potentially show up but not necessarily. Either way, it's strange.

The reason for that is probably ,as you stated, the children starting to show up

Lucina joins you at the end of chapter 13 so you are likely told of the whole backstory and how the children can come through and such so probably after that the S supports up to that point produce children chracters.

Edited by Velth

The wiki is starting to list reclass options, it looks like.

Frederick's page lists Cavalier, Knight, Dracoknight, and their promotions, so I guess those are his base classes available. Doesn't list anything for other characters beyond their starting set, though.

Great Knights were weak to hammers in FE8.

You know, at first I was confused about why the Dragon Kamikaze skill was named what it was. Then I realized what happens when you have two LV20 Manakete fighting each other.

This is going to be hilarious.

And then while re-checking that while writing this post I noticed that it can also be translated as "Dragon Specialized Attack" to just be the most basic meaning but fuck that.

Also Olivia apparently has Myrmidon and Pegasus Knight as Reclass options. I think this settles the "can Krom reclass" question.

Edited by Othin