Some Class questions(Minor Spoilers)

Do we know whether Swordmasters still get a critical boost, or is just Berserkers now?

Critical hit bonuses are not built into any classes. None of the skills Swordmasters have give them any crit bonus, but Berserkers have Wrath, which gives them +20 Crit at below 50% HP. They can also get Gamble from the Brigand class, giving +10 Crit in exchange for -5 Hit.

Ooh, female Knights, that's rare. I have a reclass question. Let's say I'm a Knight, promote to General. One of my reclass options is Cavalier and it's two promotions. If I reclass as a General, would I start as a Cavalier, or would I start as a promoted unit? Hope I worded that right, kind of came off oddly. Mostly curious since it looks like even the unpromoted classes have unique skills, so depending on how it works you could get locked out of skills. Pretty sure you don't switch to a promoted unit, but could be wrong.

Ooh, female Knights, that's rare. I have a reclass question. Let's say I'm a Knight, promote to General. One of my reclass options is Cavalier and it's two promotions. If I reclass as a General, would I start as a Cavalier, or would I start as a promoted unit? Hope I worded that right, kind of came off oddly. Mostly curious since it looks like even the unpromoted classes have unique skills, so depending on how it works you could get locked out of skills. Pretty sure you don't switch to a promoted unit, but could be wrong.

lvl 1-10=unpromoted. 11-20=promoted.

Knight LV1-9 can't use Change Seals at all

Knight LV10-20 can become a Cavalier or Knight

General LV1-9 can become a Cavalier or Knight

General LV10-20 can become a Cavalier, Knight, Paladin, Great Knight, or General

So yeah, you always have the option to drop down, but you don't have to if you're LV10+.

Also, I don't know the details, but Villagers as a single-tier class can level up to LV30, and somewhere along the way, they gain the ability to use Change Seals to go directly to a promoted class. I'm guessing the same is true for other single-tier classes like Manakete, Taguel, and Dancer. I don't know what level they have to be to do this. My best guess is LV20, which might mean regular unpromoted classes can do the same at LV20 and skip using a Master Seal completely, but this is just a hypothesis.

Thanks. Seems a bit odd, but at least you're not locked into the higher tiers, you can always switch down, which was a possible concern. I didn't think it'd happen that way, but had to ask. I never played Shadow Dragon, so never really done anything with reclassing as it is, but want to be prepared for the game whenever it winds up coming out over here.

I never played Shadow Dragon, so never really done anything with reclassing as it is, but want to be prepared for the game whenever it winds up coming out over here.

The reclassing system was a quite a bit different in Shadow Dragon. You didn't require an item to do so, your level wasn't reset to one, and the class choices per character was much larger than just 2 other classes per unit, so even having played Shadow Dragon, it wouldn't prepare you for Awakening's system.

So Donny's class swap options are finally on the site! Unfortunately Donny's only options are Fighter(Warrior/Hero) and Mercenary(Hero/Horseman). Very few options and no Lance using classes like Cavalier or Armor Knight, I'm kinda disappointed to be honest.

Maybe I should just keep him a villager.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

So Donny's class swap options are finally on the site! Unfortunately Donny's only options are Fighter(Warrior/Hero) and Mercenary(Hero/Horseman). Very few options and no Lance using classes like Cavalier or Armor Knight, I'm kinda disappointed to be honest.

Maybe I should just keep him a villager.

Better be ready for caps around 20 while your other characters get their stats up to 50.

This is one of those situations where I really just have to wonder, wtf were they thinking? A total of just three Tier 2 classes? Nothing else with lances? Would it have been that difficult to make him Mercenary / Cavalier instead of Mercenary / Fighter, or to just add more options for a character who could use them and deserves an added bonus like that?

Better be ready for caps around 20 while your other characters get their stats up to 50.

This is one of those situations where I really just have to wonder, wtf were they thinking? A total of just three Tier 2 classes? Nothing else with lances? Would it have been that difficult to make him Mercenary / Cavalier instead of Mercenary / Fighter, or to just add more options for a character who could use them and deserves an added bonus like that?

Villagers have low stat caps, but they can level to 30!

Man Donny's class choices are really lousy. Why fighter, anything else would've been better for him.