oh god why

Percivalé

Who's him? I can't afford to wake myself or the mother and headphones == NO because I have to keep my ears rested for when I use them at work tomorrow

That doesn't help

/

Did he a commit a crime? What did he do then? Are you talking about in the video as an actor or in life as a rowdy musician? Make more sense

Edited by Aleph

A military coup happened and Chile's president was killed in 1973

Dictator Pinochet was backed up by the U.S.

He didn't like Jara's music

Thousands of Chilean musicians were taken to Estadio Chile and imprisoned/tortured/executed

They cut his hands off so he couldn't play guitar anymore and made fun of him as they beat him up on and off for four days

But he kept on singing to them

and then they brutally murdered him ):

Thousands of Chilean musicians were taken to Estadio Chile and imprisoned/tortured/executed

They cut his hands off so he couldn't play guitar anymore and made fun of him as they beat him up on and off for four days

That's just sad. :(

He probably kept on singing because he knew they would kill him soon and it's better dead than suffering. But yes, it's extremely sad.

Yeah ):

And he also sang defiantly, as a way to tell them that movement wasn't over yet, and after he was murdered, people sang how "you can kill a man, but his song still lives"

all of my tears

Yeah ):

And he also sang defiantly, as a way to tell them that movement wasn't over yet, and after he was murdered, people sang how "you can kill a man, but his song still lives"

all of my tears

Lol the dictator got trolled hard. xD

Uwaah.. The world is still so chaotic... If only people would ever learn to settle their disputes with less... lethal ways. But I guess history has told us that isn't going to happen...

Trust me, I have cried at least two jars of tears writing this paper and I think finding this video takes the cake.

He's just so happy in it and there's such a hopeful message behind the song and the way he's beckoning to everyone to come with him

And then a year after ;~;

as in, yes, I forgot a few things.

I'm a poet, not a historian.

but I love you spike <3

Thousands of Chilean musicians
were imprisoned/tortured/executed
Thousands of musicians

why.jpg