Limits to Skill/Skill transferring between classes?

SlayeZ

I think Vincent has a mistranslation up on the site. From what I read it looked like Lucky 7 was +20 Hit/Avoid UNTIL level 7, not only on level 7. To be fair, that's rather lackluster for a Tier 2 Level 5 skill, considering most of those Hit/Avoid boosters are Tier 1 skills.

I just checked the Walkthrough Wiki, and you're half-right: There's an UNTIL, but about it's about turns, not levels. The skill gives a +20 boost to both Hit and Avoid for the first 7 turns, making the stable middleground counterpart to both the Dragon Master's Hot Start (which gets its effect decreasing until disappearing at Turn 15) and the Dark Knight's Slow Start (Which needs 15 turns for its effect tbe able to progressively reach full power).

I just checked the Walkthrough Wiki, and you're half-right: There's an UNTIL, but about it's about turns, not levels. The skill gives a +20 boost to both Hit and Avoid for the first 7 turns, making the stable middleground counterpart to both the Dragon Master's Hot Start (which gets its effect decreasing until disappearing at Turn 15) and the Dark Knight's Slow Start (Which needs 15 turns for its effect tbe able to progressively reach full power).

I totally dropped the ball and typo'd. I mean turn, not level.

Children characters can inherit skills. It looks like they can get up to one per parent, but I'm not sure how it's determined. No indication of personal skills for regular Gen 1 characters, however.

Great Knights learn Luna at 5, Great Lords learn Aether at 5, Heroes learn Sol at 5, Swordmasters learn Astra at 5, Assassins learn Lethality at 5. If Adept was going to be included, it would've been added at LV5; there don't seem to be any % activation skills at LV15.

Great Shield and Holy Shield.

Source on FE9/10 Wrath? That's hard to believe.

Source: Serenes Forest.

Resolve was like this too - it's why Resolve activates during battle instead of being mostly passive like in FE9. I think Wrath was unchanged from JP FE9 to US FE9, though; it's just FE10 where it was terribad in the JP version.

Wow, that's strange. So it was both of them, but just the FE10 versions?

Well, if Wrath gets a buff in the US version, that could be nice. It doesn't sound as desperately in need of it as in FE10, though. And as unimpressed as I am by it, I don't think it could feasibly get a huge buff, being available to all characters with access to the Brigand class in any of their other classes.

And whatever might change, I don't expect it to be a big concern for me. I only plan on buying this game once, and I've already ordered the Japanese version.

Well, this sounds quite good in that case, although I don't think middle ground is an accurate description. It's actually an even faster, better version of Hot Start: for the first 7 turns, Lucky 7 is giving a larger bonus, while Hot Start gives a smaller bonus continuing past that point. However, if we give each turn equal weight, Lucky 7 is at a clear advantage, giving a total bonus of +140 as opposed to Hot Start's +120. And I'd imagine that any unequal weight would be in favor of the earlier turns, where Lucky 7 shines even more.

Great Shield and Holy Shield.

Forgot about this, but it seems to be a different matter as a pair of defensive skills at LV15 while the offensive skills are at LV5.

Edited by Othin

Bow Expert seems like the most likely Level 15 skill for Snipers. It's rather depressing though, considering how lame their level 5 skill is.

Archer skills being a rather lame +2 Skl and a situational +hit/avoid skill gives them a rather meh lineup of skills in general. Early Initiative might seem nice on something that is primarily active on the player phase, however an Archer rarely has too many issues with accuracy, and you typically stick to attacking things that cannot counter, making the avoid somewhat situation.

Edit: Obviously Lunatic mode and the like would probably make it more relevant. I just rarely consider that level of difficulty when I talk.

Edited by ZephyrShakuraus

On harder difficulties where enemies might have substantial chances of dodging attacks and of threatening with their counterattacks, a total bonus of +35 Hit and +15 Avo sounds damn good. Even if those counterattacks don't happen too often, it's nice to have for when they do.

Well, this sounds quite good in that case, although I don't think middle ground is an accurate description. It's actually an even faster, better version of Hot Start: for the first 7 turns, Lucky 7 is giving a larger bonus, while Hot Start gives a smaller bonus continuing past that point. However, if we give each turn equal weight, Lucky 7 is at a clear advantage, giving a total bonus of +140 as opposed to Hot Start's +120. And I'd imagine that any unequal weight would be in favor of the earlier turns, where Lucky 7 shines even more.

Good point. You even gave an interesting thought:

Nono can become slightly monstrous if one's willing to waste a lot of Seals and Exp. on her:

She can learn both Starts and they don't seem to be mutually-exclusive, so she can start with a fixed +16 bonus for 15 turns. Then there's her initial class skill giving an extra +10 bonus on odd numbered turns. AND then there's two Slayers skill available for her, so for at least (Because I'm actually not sure S.Start keeps on with a +15 bonus after) the first 15 turns she'd be the scourge of sword/lance users with a +76/+66 bonus...