Animation problem

Lisandra_brave

I expanded a FE7 rom, and put a new animation reference at the end. It gives dancers the ability to use staffs, as well as the standard.

ppZvm.png

only problem is, the new location is at 010489b0

when i try to put that in for the battle animation pointer, it crashes

what would i use for the battle animation pointer instead?

ever notice how the offset (i'm pulling this number out of my ass) 0xBA8FF0 (note that there are only six digits) shows up in nightmare as 0x08BA8FF0 (note eight digits)?

if you're savvy, you'll notice that your offset (0xBA8FF0) plus the ROM offset (0x08000000): 0x08000000 + 0x00BA8FF0.

so if you take your new offset...

0x010489B0 + 0x08000000 = 0x090489B0

it turns out that the disarmed animation needs to be first for the dancer to work

the more you know.

and thank you Cam, that will eliminate any other woes for this

EDIT: Until i try to have someone use both weapons and staves. it is now doing the ranged attack animation for everything. great.

Edited by Lisandra_brave

it turns out that the disarmed animation needs to be first for the dancer to work

the more you know.

and thank you Cam, that will eliminate any other woes for this

EDIT: Until i try to have someone use both weapons and staves. it is now doing the ranged attack animation for everything. great.

*Nudge Nudge*

If you want a separate magic stat... well... that's kinda not possible at the moment unless you can get Nintelord to fix it AS WELL as fork it over.

Edited by shadowofchaos

but ips patches only work on 16 megs or less

*points at the first post*

Which doesn't matter... because all it's modifying is the ASM portion of the ROM.

Which... unless I'm missing the part where you ported all of those routines in another portion... modifies something at an offset nowhere even close to the expanded portion of your ROM.

Edited by shadowofchaos