Othin Plays FE13!

Othin

Hey Othin, I was wondering, do you know who Tiamo's crush is? Also how many songs are in the sound test and does it give you the option to hear their voice clips? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Gmls710

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Othin, I was wondering, do you know who Tiamo's crush is? Also how many songs are in the sound test and does it give you the option to hear their voice clips? Thanks in advance.

I paired Gaia with Tiamo, but she admitted to Gaia that she had a crush on Krom. Gaia said he doubted he could live up to Krom, but hopes Tiamo sees something in him anyway.

Also, Othin, I was able to defeat all of the enemies as they appeared in Tiki's Gaiden. It's possible to defeat them as they get close to Tiki without having to surround her for protection, but I agree that the chapter design is brilliant.

Edited by ReedTien

I'd also like to know about the number of songs available. So far, what we've been provided musically has been pure gold, but I'd like to have some guarantee of quantity as well as quality.

Also, does this track here sound like a mellow remix of Chrono Trigger to anyone else?

Edited by Geriba

uh, tough shit?

Inded. Don't forget, you also have Krom and Potentially Male My Unit. That's practically guaranteed 4 kids off the bat. Considering there are 12 kids any drafter already has a disportionate number of them. It shouldn't be a problem. And most will end up with Azure irregardless they drafted any of Krom's dates or not.

I think it'll solve itself.

I paired Gaia with Tiamo, but she admitted to Gaia that she had a crush on Krom. Gaia said he doubted he could live up to Krom, but hopes Tiamo sees something in him anyway.

so tiamo has a big enough crush on krom to tell her husband...and yet cant marrykrom. this makes no sense.

4. What are the stats that MU can have best/worst in? Because Worst luck would be a little broken.

Best/worst stats also affect caps of other stats. If you pick worst Luck your maximum Strength and Magic also go down by one point. Also, Weapon Saver is one of the best skills in the game and it depends on Luck.

I'm also confused trying to figure out what will start a second playthrough in a way that gets any carry-over data from the previous one. Anyone know anything specific to do, or do you not have to do anything at all?

When you start a new game you'll automatically carry over Fame from whatever existing save has the highest Fame. You can also recruit your old MU but that's not really a new game bonus thing, it's just the way the MU StreetPass feature works. Load your old save and go to the map menu → Communications menu → MyUnit List menu and select the last option to record your MU on the list. Then load your new save and you can recruit them from the same menu. The more powerful they are the more expensive they are to recruit, so you probably won't be able to afford them at the start anyway. Other than that you can't carry anything over.

I'd also like to know about the number of songs available. So far, what we've been provided musically has been pure gold, but I'd like to have some guarantee of quantity as well as quality.

I have a bad feeling about this, but do the music tracks have names? BTW, I think the feature is called "Unit Viewer".

There are 77 tracks including the battle variations of map tracks. They have names, but most of them are pretty strange (named after quotes in the game).

Track list:

序幕

序幕~炎

暗雲

暗雲~炎

使命

使命~炎

宿命

宿命~炎

天命

天命~炎

混沌

混沌~炎

遠征

遠征~炎

強者

強者~炎

大きな混乱は無いようですね

きらーんって来て、ばーんみたいな感じ?

政治や外交は苦手だが…

なにか…おかしい

いいから、走れ!!

僕の名はマルスだ

…そんな方法が、本当にうまくいくのか?

人間なんてのは争い合うしかねぇんだよ!

猛襲

猛襲~鋼

強襲

強襲~鋼

凶襲

凶襲~鋼

演習

演習~鋼

ご退場~

たとえそれが幻想でも…

きれいな死なんざねぇと思ってたがよ!

………

貴様らが…姉さんの言葉を語るな!

俺にそんな力が…資格が…あると思うのか?

俺はもっと強くなる!

この山を越えればもうすぐだ

ここで進撃の準備を整えましょう

今日はもう休みましょう

いい品そろってるぜ?

サービスしちゃうわっ!

こんなところにも、屍兵が…!

こいつぁ、戦争の意思ありとみなすぜ

大敵・序

大敵

強敵・序

強敵・情

強敵

狂敵・序

狂敵

宿敵・序

宿敵

天敵・序

天敵

好敵・序

好敵

泊らせてもらおうよ?ね?

俺様としたことが忘れてた

くひにはひっは!

ほら、怖がらないで

「絆」が俺たちの戦いを支えているんだ

力を感じる…私たちと同じ力…

しょせん運命は変わらぬ…

運命なんざ、死人の言い訳だ

ここで再び我は蘇る…

…少し、むずがゆいな

戦いは終わったんだ、これで…

「I」~安

「I」~哀

「I」~悩

「I」~闇

「I」~再

「I」~為

「I」ntroduction

Edited by No. 3

MU is a casanova.

He's all like. "Hey Krom I know we've been buddies for a while right. I kinda banged your daughter from the future and got her kid to come over too. Meet Mark your granddaughter."

I was worried there for a moment. Because Japan is going to introduce regional lockout to this new 3DS system which brings up the concern of localization and being able to play it for that matter with an import. The only way that we WILL get to play this is with a Japan import of both the system and the game. I don't want to have to play this on an emulator and no one would.

Glad that the game is being a big hit like Tear Ring Saga and Berwick Saga. =)

And then Vake walks up interrupting the conversation and saying "And…er meet your Great-Granddaughter. Also from the future. Bu-but not the same future. Um. PleaseDon'tKillMe."

Sure, it's impossible, but it's funny

When you start a new game you'll automatically carry over Fame from whatever existing save has the highest Fame. You can also recruit your old MU but that's not really a new game bonus thing, it's just the way the MU StreetPass feature works. Load your old save and go to the map menu → Communications menu → MyUnit List menu and select the last option to record your MU on the list. Then load your new save and you can recruit them from the same menu. The more powerful they are the more expensive they are to recruit, so you probably won't be able to afford them at the start anyway. Other than that you can't carry anything over.

Wait, am I missing something, or could you create unlimited MUnits this way? Make a new one, register it, get it, delete the save, and do it again?

I don't know how it works exactly, but I think you can register a large number of StreetPass MUs, so if you can register your MUs in the same way, I don't see why not.

It might not be that useful though, since you'd still need to pay gold to summon them. Also, how many MUs can you have out at the same time and do they retain supports (I doubt it, but I thought I saw a funny screenshot where they did...)?

EDIT

There are 77 tracks including the battle variations of map tracks. They have names, but most of them are pretty strange (named after quotes in the game).

Track list:

Thanks. Wow, those are pretty weird, but usable at least.

Did you record the names from the game or is there a site which listed them?

Edited by VincentASM

Yeah, I copied the track list from the game.

The MyUnit List can keep up to 99 characters registered. You can send multiple MUs into battle, and they have all their reclass options available, but they don't keep their items when they join and they have no supports. And they're really expensive. An endgame MU will cost over 70000, a stat maxed MU will be in the six digits. I'm not sure how the actual StreetPass stuff works if you meet someone else's character on the world map, since I live on a different planet and have nobody to streetpass with.

By the way, paid DLC characters use the same system, they get added to the list and take up a slot when you clear their map.

Cool, thanks. For StreetPass squads, you could try defeating them if you don't want to pay, like for SpotPass squads.

Which leads me to ask, do SpotPass characters not get recorded in the same manner? I thought I saw Levin being recorded, but I only glanced briefly. If so, it'll mitigate the issue of losing SpotPass characters when starting a new game.

Somehow, I have three enemy MUs and their teams on my world map. One of them is a LV20 Sage with 61 HP, 41 Mag, and 38 Spd: he's asking for 20200 gold to hire him. A LV7 Bow Knight with most stats around 30 is asking for 14000. A LV10 Berserker with 40 Str is asking for 15900.

Just tested it, they get recorded if you recruit them. You still lose the team if you start a new game, though.

Edit for clarity: If you start a new game the recruited SpotPass characters stay on the list, you can pay money again to hire them. But the SpotPass team disappears and you can't summon them until you get the team again.

Edited by No. 3

オット, ヒャウナ, and コタハス, in the order I mentioned them.

Their teams don't look like the sorts of teams I'd expect a computer to generate. They all have WExp rather than being solidly at one weapon level or another (unless they're at A rank), and they're equipping weird weapons, often Bronze. Their skills also fit what the characters could plausibly have in their classes. However, they all have 0 Exp, and their weapons are all at full uses. So I don't know what conclusions to draw from this.

The first two showed up while I was at the mall, but the third showed up while I was at home.

Just tested it, they get recorded if you recruit them. You still lose the team if you start a new game, though.

Edit for clarity: If you start a new game the recruited SpotPass characters stay on the list, you can pay money again to hire them. But the SpotPass team disappears and you can't summon them until you get the team again.

I'm not following.

Edited by Othin

Okay, so this is a stupid question, but how do you do Spotpass. It isn't just leaving ds in Sleep Mode is it?

For this game?

World map --> X button --> middle right option

You then get a menu where you can select stuff to download data.

I'm not following.

For example, in my first playthrough I summon Ira's SpotPass team and recruit her. She gets added to the MyUnit list. Then I start a second playthrough, which resets the SpotPass list so I no longer have her team. I can still recruit her from the MyUnit list, though.

*First 11 Pages worth of reading contining...*

Oh cool congrats! im still waiting mine to arrive :B

can't wait for it, especially the music and the cutscenes...and of course everything else :D

Sames.

Can't say yet.

What I can say is that it seems to be matching up with my hopes that it would surpass all past FE games. Matching up to TearRing Saga and Berwick Saga is its next challenge, and we'll have to see about that.

Well...Tear Ring Saga was a big hit and I'm sure that this game will too especially after seeing a video of it on youtube. =)

It looks like I spoke too soon. Enemies are hitting harder and I'm being forced to bring limited teams, already had to reset a couple of times. Played through Ch3/4, and also Ga1. Ga1 is another bandit chapter, but being optional, I don't think it's a huge concern.

Holy shit..it's hard. =D Now I'm inspired more to play this.

I've reached the first Gaiden where she shows up and massacres everything. Haven't reached the second where you actually recruit her, though. I think that's after Ch9.

Cool. =D

o3o I knew she'd be broken ;3; I want this game!

Yes. I'm importing this next month for backup just in case this game doesn't make it in the US. =) Even if it does. I'll enjoy playing both copies. ^-^

Nope, just a Silver Lance.

Yay. A Jeigan. xD

im thinking about buying this games eu version, my question is does the language barrier hamper the game at all? i was able to play new mystery in Japanese but this game seems to have alot more stuff in it. thank you

Well...Europe will likely use our language barrier making it no problem for some of us to play if this game doesn't make it to the United States.

There's some briefly confusing stuff with the new commands, but it's not much more difficult than playing other games in the series in Japanese, especially once you've gotten used to it. I haven't been finding it to be a problem, but then anything would look easy after having to feel my way through Berwick Saga.

Got that right. Plus learning many of the writings in it Hirogana and Katakana only takes a couple of months to learn. :awesome:

Krom is forced to marry at the end of Ch11.

Ok. Forced Marriage. Not good.

AWESOME! That's terrific, I hate those story promotions most of the time.

They do tend to be a hassle and overly limiting. I too prefer this version.

Yeah, that case applied to Roy which he promoted to the point where u just about to end the game in 1-3 chapters.

Ike is the master of Aether and no one else can have it unless Ike is the ancestor of Krom... :D

lol

Ike fanboy to the end eh?

I should probably stay away from this thread. Still waiting for my copy.

I'll be ordering mine next month. =D

Characters can have one S support with an opposite-sex character, which determines marriage, children, and presumably common endings. They can level all of their other supports up to A with no limits.

Well at least the supports aren't butchered like in RD's was. :/

It looks to me like characters can expect to get to the equivalent of level 50 or so throughout the game, and they can arrange that into a system of three to five tiers as they choose, mixing different promotions and reclasses to create the customized tier progression. It helps to do some thinking ahead, though.

One question? Does EXP gain get reduced as u level up? Cuz, it wasn't the case in any of Marth's games except the remakes.

8) Yeah, it's 5 exactly. I've had many characters succeed in doubling with 5 more Speed than the enemy. Also it's just Speed now, not AS, unfortunately; Wt is still gone.

So the con system works along with Str again. Nice!

Sounds awesome so far! I just started a petition to nintendo to bring FE:13 to America, please sign it here. Thanks!

Yeah, and lets hope that this shows them that we care about the franchise. We don't want this series to end up the same way "Mother" did when they've refused to localize the sequel to the second one for the same reason. .___.

usually growth rates were found by hacking the rom (radiant dawn is an exception i think ,they were found in the guidebook)

however 3ds files are encrypted and have not been hacked yet (and by the looks of it ,it'll be some time before they are hacked)

so only way to find out is when the guidebook comes out

EDIT : I was too slow :P

Well have to understand the system coding and then bypassing the encryption.

For example, in my first playthrough I summon Ira's SpotPass team and recruit her. She gets added to the MyUnit list. Then I start a second playthrough, which resets the SpotPass list so I no longer have her team. I can still recruit her from the MyUnit list, though.

So you can use her on other playthroughs, but you can't fight her or buy items from her? Or is it just that you can hire her but not permanently recruit her?