Schoolgirl Mafia

eclipse

While I support targetting Timp, Scorri and 13th I guess, Don't we basically lose another player tonight? Its not worth revealing a player's role if Aere's gonna die(and he basically confirmed town) and that along with another townie dead. We're also wasting the vig's kill if its limited, so I don't like the plan. :|

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also we've totally forgotten about what the cop has to do. I know Excellen said I should be scanned but really instead of getting a town confirmation the cop really needs to scan the other players: Scorri,Timp,Bal, 13th, heck even Manix or Strawman.

Oh dear, Bal voted for me. I'd like to know on what grounds you're voting for me, if that's ok. If it's because inactivity, I was at school all day today, and yesterday I gave my cat to the shelter so I was in no mood to post. If it's something different, I'm curious as to why.

I looked at the player list, thought to myself, "I need to try to start something fresh, because I don't think the current path is going anywhere," and went with my gut. It would have been simply too easy to vote Proto or Kay to attempt to pressure, because they always do the same thing at the start of games, and never really change. Either that or are busy and can't reply. You seemed a good enough target, and though I ended up going disappearing before seeing the fruits of my research, I can say that it was certainly useful information. Prims has outlined many of his own observations, several of which I agree with, but something fairly telling to me personally was your after-the-phase reaction

Crap crap crap crap. I wanted to get in here before phase end but my dad always wants my time and after the issue with my cat, he wants even more of my time to make sure that I'm mentally ok. Having missed the end, I realize I look super bad right now. I will try harder to contribute to the thread more often.

Making a fanfare shortly after phase end admitting to having failed to turn up or vote but repenting it is something I've grown to associated with scum. Now this isn't always the case, but... People miss the change of the phase all the time, for reasons numerous and varied. Profuse apologies aren't necessary, and indeed actions speak louder than words. Ashamed of your day 1 performance? Ramp it up for day 2. Simply making empty excuses, and worrying about how bad you may have made yourself look aren't the way to do that. Do take this to heart, because if you are a townie, and you do end up caught in the crosshairs, it will help your case so much more if you can point to specific contributions and pieces of logic to explain your actions. If this is just a case of you being inexperienced, then let it be a learning moment and move forward. If you are scum, then I'm not too concerned in sharing advice, because it's inherently harder for scum to portray themselves as protown. I'm more worried about newb-town not properly registering as pro-town when they come down to the wire.

- want Bal to post again. Where were you at deadline? If you were going to be absent during it, you should have announced it. Unless you didn't know you were going to be, in which case alright. vOv

Superior Hiking Trail. Both for the original deadline and the extended one. I realized it late, late the night before we were to set out (Friday), so only just PM'ed eclipse with an early submission of Night action, plus an alternate in case shenanigans and my intended ended up in the noose. I guess I probably should have dropped a line to the thread in general, but in reality, what good would that knowledge have done anyone? Yes, it could have perhaps deflected a hogpile on an unresponsive victim, but I'd like to think it would be too early for LALu, and that people would take a step back and evaluate the situation on their own in that case. On the other hand, it could have seemed like an easy attempt to deflect suspicion. Like or not, there's no good way to confirm/deny real-life endeavors, and there were intimations already in the thread that they may at times be used to cover for mafia lurkscum. (Which I see was unfavorably received by certain parties, and commented on, and suppose that perhaps the issue should probably rightly have been left to rest.)

Further for the record, let me just state that my initial belief regarding Levantamos, at the time I made the "Watch me be completely wrong.", post was that she was the Bus Driver, (or less likely a Priority Driver). The first matched up rather well both being a difficult role to play properly, and certainly "be more hurt than help on N0", but is also a role that has a very provable outcome... provided her charges were targeted by anybody else. After reviewing everything she's said since then, I've scrapped that notion, as the reveal claims to now be directed to everybody, which strikes me as something of a Lightning Rod ability, which would certainly produce a "heh~" result, particularly if there was a choice involved in either redirecting all killing, or all non-killing actions, and certain protective roles took a hint and trusted her. Of course that this point I'm merely entering the land of fanciful speculation, and I really have lost any faith I had in my knowledge of her affairs.

Finally, I should state that upon having returned, I am glad of the opportunity to re-evaluate the current situation and send in a change to my previously submitted action choice.

What you're calling apathy was mostly my own lack of confidence and realization in the hopelessness of getting the vote off people I didn't think should be voting, and thus freaking out.

My opinion? Always play confidently. Take charge, be assertive, and don't be afraid to be wrong. If you fail through action, even if the worst case scenario happens... you know what? You can learn from your mistakes. If you just scoot by the game on timidity alone, and can't ever take a firm stand, then there's nothing that can ever help you. Failing through inaction means that nobody will be able to point to the flawed assertions you made and say "you had good intentions but were wrong because of x, y, and z. You should have voted for W."

Well, I reveal my targeted player's role if I'm killed via lynch or night action. I didn't see any reason to withhold this information, and town isn't gaining anything if I reveal this information during the day rather than at night. My role isn't a very high priority kill, if anything the mafia wouldn't want to kill me in fear of my target. However, I don't know if there are Millers/other role fakers, or if my role would overturn their role's power.

You have every reason to conceal this for reasons Kay has already covered, but you're new at this, so I guess you'll just have to take away for the future certain things and improve. Claims should, IMO, only be fronted this early by people who are about to die to the gallows, or roles who have caught mafia red-handed. This obviously changes in an outside contact, or known-role setups, and certainly can change based on game-to-game circumstances, but as a rule of thumb I find it serves pretty well. Any role you offer up to the mafia means they can process of elimination out who has other more important roles.

I'll get in some more thoughts after I've slept, but here's the first tidbit for everyone so patiently awaiting my presence.

Why does that scream fake claim to me? I'm not disregarding the possibility of you being the cop 13th, but based on how a few of us find you scummy, it seems like an attempt to defend your life in the game. What do the rest of us think of this claim?

I mean, if 13th can give us details tomorrow, I'd say I'd believe him. Though we might want to also have him prove it to us on someone who isn't Marth since Marth has already claimed a role. And/or have him investigate Marth tonight, and then again someone who hasn't claimed tomorrow night. I think that enough people have been saying he should be killed that it's reasonable for him to claim. Especially with Prims calling him out because people seem to have been listening to Prims this night phase.

Plus I don't have meta on him so I have no idea how retarded he is as a player.

He is.

This sounds fake, though. I kind of doubt he's actually this terrible. And by doubt I mean "fuck please let this be a fakeclaim fuck why ;_;".

if you are town then PLEASE DO NOT CLAIM UNTIL YOU HIT SCUM AS INVESTIGATIVE OR WE ARE ABOUT TO LYNCH YOU

unless you're hated or a miller

I can't fucking believe it's N1 and we have both an unprompted bodyguard claim and an unprompted cop claim.

Night rounds. A necessity, though usually quite uneventful. That had changed quite a bit as of late, and Tachibana had already witnessed several students depart to attempt to make some sort of mischief in the dark, related to the mysterious goings-on as of late. This would normally be disconcerting, but the Council President had been expressly forbidden in interfering with those mischief makers, so long as they were following the regulations set for this emergency scenario.

A slight commotion. It seemed one student was rather flustered after hearing the words of several others. They seemed to be nearly at a panic. Approaching said student, Tachibana stood firmly in front of them, catching their attention.

"Mapo Tofu." She said to the student, placing a bowl of, you guessed it, Mapo Tofu in front of the panicked student.

"Eat. It will make you feel better." Tachibana noted to the student, before walking off to continue her rounds.

Take random flavour text for no apparent reason, players! No, there is no hidden meanings in this, so don't look for any!

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is fishy. Agreeing with Prims, if Aere is the Oracle I still think 13th would be a good target. If we don't want to chance it, Bal (meta) and Timp (lack of quality posts though this can change D2, strange reactions when voted on, overall slightly scummy behavior) are still good targets IMO.

Making a fanfare shortly after phase end admitting to having failed to turn up or vote but repenting it is something I've grown to associated with scum. Now this isn't always the case, but... People miss the change of the phase all the time, for reasons numerous and varied. Profuse apologies aren't necessary, and indeed actions speak louder than words. Ashamed of your day 1 performance? Ramp it up for day 2. Simply making empty excuses, and worrying about how bad you may have made yourself look aren't the way to do that. Do take this to heart, because if you are a townie, and you do end up caught in the crosshairs, it will help your case so much more if you can point to specific contributions and pieces of logic to explain your actions. If this is just a case of you being inexperienced, then let it be a learning moment and move forward. If you are scum, then I'm not too concerned in sharing advice, because it's inherently harder for scum to portray themselves as protown. I'm more worried about newb-town not properly registering as pro-town when they come down to the wire.

I know that apologies aren't necessary for missing phase end, but I wanted to say why I was gone. And I am ashamed of my D1 performance, so when D2 rolls around I will absolutely contribute more. I am new when it comes to mafia, so while I know the ropes and stuff, my scumhunting abilities are piss-poor.