[FE8] Experimental General Scoring Draft

Paperblade

Drafting:

1. This draft is for 4 players.

2. Eirika, Ephraim, Colm, Orson, Tethys, and Myrrh are free for all to use.

3. The game will be played on Hard Mode.

Rules:

1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, rescue undrafted units and NPCs, trade, visit Shops and Armories and dig up items in the desert.

2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, and opening Doors or Chests.

3. Map shopping is allowed.

4. Skirmishes/use of the Tower or Ruins is disallowed. Skirmishes that are blocking your path may be activated and immediately fled from.

5. Trainees can be leveled to 10/1 via Tower. However, if they are, their base level is treated as a level 1 unpromoted unit.

Scoring*:

1. Add your total gold at the end of the game to your score. This can be checked in the final chapter or in creature campaign after the final boss is killed if you forget.

2. Add 3 times the total experience gained by all drafted and free units (sans Orson). Again, this can be checked in creature campaign and compared to the base level on SF. Be sure to remember what level you promoted units at.

3. Subtract 1000 times the total amount of turns taken.

4. Whoever has the most points wins.

For example, if you end the game with 150,000 gold in 130 turns and a 20/10 Eirika, 20/10 Ephraim, 20/5 Colm, 8 Tethys, 7 Myrrh, 20/16 Franz, 10/6 Moulder, 16/8 Tana, 14/8 Artur, 10/8 Neimi, 11 Innes, and 10/4 Marisa

You would get:

150,000 + 8400 + 7500 + 6600 + 1050 + 900 + 10,200 + 3600 + 5700 + 5700 + 4800 + 3000 + 2400 - 130,000 = 79,850 points

Penalties:

1. Undrafted units have a 4000 point penalty, per unit per chapter.

Exceptions:

1. Vanessa may be used to Rescue Ross in Chapter 2 even if she is undrafted.

1. General Horace: Franz, Gilliam, Lute, Joshua, Natasha, Ewan, Rennac

2. Baldrick: Seth, Tana, Artur, Cormag, Duessel, Dozla, Syrene

3. BigBangMeteor: Vanessa, Moulder, Kyle, Forde, Neimi, Amelia, Knoll

4. Paperblade: Garcia, Ross, Gerik, Saleh, L'Arachel, Marisa, Innes

*Please note that the scoring is pretty experimental and the numbers probably need more tweaking. Ideally there should be different strategies people can take (super LTC, durdle around a bit to get everyone to 20/20, some sort of midrange strategy between them) and they would all be viable.

Edited by Paperblade

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seth is draftable? A level 1 unpromoted unit can earn 1900 more experience, so 5700 more points in EXP than Seth. So assuming equal skill levels in players, the player with Seth needs only to save 6 turns over the player with this unit (easy) to beat them out. And that's a level 1 unpromoted unit. I vote Seth is banned, as he is in LTC FE8 drafts, or free, as he is in EXP FE8 drafts, IIRC.

Regardless, why not?

Edited by BigBangMeteor

Traditionally, a lot of Seth's turn saving is done by running ahead of everyone else and slaughtering everything, which has a side effect of taking experience from other units. Also, Seth gains experience a lot slower than other units for most if not all of the game. Like I said, the scoring is subject to change, but I would like to at least test this first.

Two non-traditional scoring methods? I want in.

Free Seth makes the most sense to me, but I'm not worried either way.

Edited by Baldrick

[18:38] <@Paperblade> someone randomize the order of the numbers 1 2 3 4

[18:38] <Ether> 2431

That means the order is

2. General Horace

4. Baldrick

3. BigBangMeteor

1. Paperblade

If you guys gimme your play styles, I'll grab someone's team, shadow, and use a different style. Just 'cause.

EDIT: If you're nervous about style stealing, you can PM me. I won't blab it.

Edited by eclipse