Support Conversations

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eek, the MU x Mariabel support is so cute. I love that girl so much. >< I'm looking forward to more Velvet supports too. :D

Speaking of which, from what I could decipher from google translate, Velvet with Vaike is actually really good. It puts a lot of character development into Vaike.

That sounds like an interesting support, one I'm curious to read.

MU x Mariabel was really cool to read, I liked how she tried to make MU a proper gentleman and they become lovers in the process.

There are some that I found on pegasus knights that when google translated, while still cryptic as all hell, are sensical and you can get the general idea, and they are actually kind of sweet.

FMarkxWood (Romantic)

VaikexVelvet

LucinaxAzure (Romantic)

I understand people don't have much time to translate, so maybe people could pass with these rough auto-translations for a bit.

There are some that I found on pegasus knights that when google translated, while still cryptic as all hell, are sensical and you can get the general idea, and they are actually kind of sweet.

FMarkxWood (Romantic)

VaikexVelvet

LucinaxAzure (Romantic)

I understand people don't have much time to translate, so maybe people could pass with these rough auto-translations for a bit.

The problem with machine translators is that they often horribly misinterpret what someone is saying, often creating the impression that they're saying the exact opposite of what they are actually saying.

I mean, people can do that too and fairly often, but machine translators do it as a matter of course.

Speaking of exactly that, may I request that someone translates Nn's father support? There's a few things I'm having a bit of trouble understanding, and Nn's support is considerably more backstory intensive than most of the children/parent supports.

The link is here: http://www18.atwiki.jp/fireemblem3ds/pages/537.html#id_541f34a2

Edited by Onestep

「こんにちはです。

I can't take it.

It just annoys the crap out of me. That... uuurrrgh... it's like Suiseiseki.

You have a problem with the Japanese fondness for adding unneccesary verbal tics and the like-desu? Why-desu? It's such an adorable trait for characters to have-desu. Right up there with the fondness for the rows of visible silence-desu.

Oh wow, I couldn't keep going with that. It was almost physically painful. I'm sorry. I probably won't do it again.

Edited by Onestep

It's not so much I hate the ~desu thing as it just seems weird to me. It also seems like they're purposely adding to the end of all the sentences to make themselves look cute, when they're actually hiding their true manipulative or yandere self. Not really. That being said, I still enjoyed how often Veigue said KUREAA! in Tales of Rebirth, and how often Patty says nanoja! in Tales of Vesperia, but I just hear desu too often.

I'll say it's almost justified with Nn, since she seems a bit socially awkward growing up with no parents. Her support seems to be simply her confirming her Dad is a lolicon in C, then attempting to act her age in the B support and realizing she's acting weird when she gets scolded.Then in A she just explains her backstory where she thought people only liked her since she was strong as a manakete and was lonely. Maybe she just got the wrong impression of how she should act and eventually got a ~desu persona.

To be honest, I want to see Nn call shota-Richt a lolicon.

And despite seeing your icon like 100 times, Nocturnal, I just noticed terribly is missing an L.

It's not so much I hate the ~desu thing as it just seems weird to me. It also seems like they're purposely adding to the end of all the sentences to make themselves look cute, when they're actually hiding their true manipulative or yandere self. Not really. That being said, I still enjoyed how often Veigue said KUREAA! in Tales of Rebirth, and how often Patty says nanoja! in Tales of Vesperia, but I just hear desu too often.

I'll say it's almost justified with Nn, since she seems a bit socially awkward growing up with no parents. Her support seems to be simply her confirming her Dad is a lolicon in C, then attempting to act her age in the B support and realizing she's acting weird when she gets scolded.Then in A she just explains her backstory where she thought people only liked her since she was strong as a manakete and was lonely. Maybe she just got the wrong impression of how she should act and eventually got a ~desu persona.

To be honest, I want to see Nn call shota-Richt a lolicon.

And despite seeing your icon like 100 times, Nocturnal, I just noticed terribly is missing an L.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I got from a cursory glance of the support too. I'm pretty interested in knowing the specifics though. Thus the request

As for her desu tic, I think it's fitting. It's a sign of emotional/social immaturity on a character who's forced herself to mature too fast, to prove that she's useful and possibly to protect her sister. It genuinely doesn't annoy me at all. That might because of my self-inflicted inundation of japanese media, but that's not the point. It works when she's the one doing it.

I don't know why, but that was a facet of Patty's characterization that I absolutely loved. I'm not heavy into Japanese character portrayal, archetypes, etc., but I am familiar with things like "desu", "tsundere", "yandere", and so on. I suppose if ToV actually came to America with Patty localized I probably wouldn't enjoy her as much as I did in the Japanese verion(mostly because I didn't really know how to interpret much of her character and backstory). I loved her to death and found her refreshingly humorous in contrast to the typical pervert (Raven), and the clumsy kid (Karol).

On the subject of "desu" Nn, I don't think it'll bother me that much given how much I enjoyed Patty's similar tic. Especially when she'd mix it up and say "Jano" instead. Unless, of course, her localization is done horribly. Not that I'm worried that'll happen or anything.

Edited by Xjorukmir Ahzar

Especially when she'd mix it up and say "Jano" instead.

That's not a mixup. Think of it as a じゃないの contraction in some cases, and her way of saying だな in agreement.

Edited by shadowofchaos

So is it possible for anyone to get the conversations from the harvest of bonds and summer of bonds translated?

Add 200 + 70 new conversations to our backlog why don't ya.

I'm pretty sure some people will translate some when Pegasus Knight updates it.

Considering the volume of conversations, even they haven't had the time to actually put even the original Japanese script on there.

Add 200 + 70 new conversations to our backlog why don't ya.

I'm pretty sure some people will translate some when Pegasus Knight updates it.

Considering the volume of conversations, even they haven't had the time to actually put even the original Japanese script on there.

Well..... (The 2ch wiki)

Not like this one is completely done, very little on the Summer one. The Swimsuit convos are up there, if that'll inspire any translators.

Although Olivia saying her outfit was equally embarassing as her bathing suit was funny (If I read that right).

And it's much more then 200 if you consider all the small conversations between past game characters and FoD.

Edited by pichupal

That's not a mixup. Think of it as a じゃないの contraction in some cases, and her way of saying だな in agreement.

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm pretty stupid when it comes to Japanese, ToV being my only entire Japanese gaming experience(My sister's much more familiar and comfortable with the language than I could ever hope to be). I figured "Jano" and "Nanoja/Noja" were just different ways to say the same thing.

I really shouldn't have taken a look at those Talisman chapter special conversations, now I'm left wishing we had gotten full support convos for some of those pairings, like Mia/Azure or Tiki/Garnef, but it'll never happen....

Edited by NeonZ

Can you inform me how Emelina lost her memory?

In a certain chapter near the middle of the game, I think it's chapter 12, although I could be mistaken, Emelina "dies". In a sidequest chapter, which can be done right before the final chapter, you can find Emelina, alive, but with no memory of her past life.

Or something like that, anyway.