Rate the Unit, Day 21: Sedgar

A bit of a pain to level at first but there are ways around that, terrific growths (including >100% DEF! :awesome:) and makes a great General.

8/10 + 1 bias because I <3 using him and I find the concept of a prepromo growth unit very intriguing (and it's a concept I'd like to see more of in FE) = 9/10!

And yet you hate Seth and Titania.

And apparently a lot of less experienced players relied on General!Sedgar to get them through H5.

Beat it and never touched them once, and I'm not particularly experienced.

Anyway 6/10 for being fairly good when leveled but having terrible bases and gaining exp rather slowly.

When was the last time I got chewed out for hating on this guy and Wolf because of how their bases are? Either way, neither Sedgar or Wolf are gonna be too helpful on quick playthroughs. Don't get me wrong, their growths are amazing, but it's just their bases that get to me. If you're planning on using either, I'd recommend making them both Heroes. Other people recommend Generals, but I'm not a big fan of their base speed in that case.

6/10 with negative 1 bias, making it 5/10.

Edited by Fancy Grunt

Zagaro! He must have taken steroids after FE3. His growths are insane but he doesn't have a terrible number of levels to use them, and he gains XP at a snail's pace. Still, he turns out pretty funky and can tank pretty well.

7/10

He's oh so much better than his FE3 self. It's hard to believe they are the same character. Now to him in FE11 H2: his growths are good (amazing when you compare it to his FE3 ones). But his bases aren't the best, so I don't really like to use him. Plus he's a bit of an unneeded exp drain IMO.

7/10

Depends on what you want to use him for. If you're just trying to beat the game without worrying about some guys dying, don't bother with him, but if you try to level him up, you will be surprised.

8/10 if you reclass him correctly. I had him as a General with near maxed health, defence and a few other stats without needing to use anything on him. If you reclass him several times, you can get some insanely high stats with him. Worth working on.

Seth and Titania aren't growth units, they actually have bases that aren't laughable.

I think the person was saying that their growths help maintain the impact those very bases have, seeing that it's gonna take some really bad luck to make Seth fall behind, and Titania to a lesser extent even on Random Mode in FE9.

I'm using Sedgar (wolf died lol) mainly for his high mov + Bow chip utility. He has yet to get a level but looking at this thread it seems it's something to look forward to.

@ Colonel:Wouldn't Wolf/Sedgar's ranking be lower in H5 ? I mean with sucky bases and slow exp gain, it takes forever to get them out of their rut.

Their instant access to promoted class set B classes is pretty useful even if their weapon ranks are really bad.

1) I welcome you to the club I hate you

2) Better bases that mean better performance when they suck

3) Better Str so he starts killing stuff faster to get out of the suck faster

4) Lower Def is pointless as General because Tanks like no tomorrow anyway and either isn't being bulky any time soon in any other class

4a) Better base Hp compensates when Sedgar starts to get little def lead

4b) By the time Sedgar has mentionable durability lead (statistically) both kill everything and never dies (practically)

Sedgar also has lower luck, and actually faces crit from just about everything.