Magic being grouped together and no magic triangle

Nope, no PM.

The thing is they're not like pie pieces, whether they're "split" or not can't be seperated from their "place". What makes a weapon type a different weapon type and hence "split" is having a different weapon rank, the Fire and Thunder aren't "split" in FE13 any more than Swords and Blades.

Whats there not to understand?

I said,that Anima magic is still one magic type,but it is still differentiates between fire,lightning and wind magic.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the term most appropriate for Anima is 'conjoined'. It's the best word I can think of (at the moment >_>) that would match something that is both connected yet separate.

Swords, axes, bows, and lances are different enough weapons in several ways. Such as shape, size, and weight. So watch them be split up asap.

Now, why should magic tomes be split, as well as limiting what mages can use, if there isn't a reason within the setting (like the people who use Dark Magic are members of the Lopto Cult) or different enough spell groups? Why can't Canas use anima? The guy's a scholar. Especially considering how Nino can.

Edited by Retsudo

that's enough of this

i thiknk there bassicly split you don't that's that whatever have a nice life

Well, that's factually false so you don't get to "think" it!

Whats there not to understand?

I said,that Anima magic is still one magic type,but it is still differentiates between fire,lightning and wind magic.

That's not a split, that's in literally every game in the series (i.e. The GBA games have Fire, Elfire and Thunder, don't they? But if you call stuff like that a split it makes the whole distinction pointless).

Why can't everybody use everything?

Different people use different weapons for several reasons. A sword is different from a lance, which is different from a bow. The differences between them pop up in the gameplay. On the other hand, Fire is a tome, Thunder is a tome, Wind is a tome. Why would there automatically be a big enough difference to warrant splitting them up and blocking a Dark Mage from using wind or whatever? I guarantee Sophia from SoS would be more useable if she could have used tomes that don't weigh her down.

And there already are classes that can use several weapons such as Paladins, so eh.

Edited by Retsudo

And where was that mentioned in FE7? Canas explained Dark Magic and made it clear how dangerous it was, so that accounts for most of the other mages not using it. What's the excuse for Canas not using anima, like in FE5?

Okay then. Hopefully the magics won't ever be split enough to limit what mages can use unless the spells AND the classes are different enough within the gameplay and setting.

Edited by Retsudo

Fire Emblem is a video game series.

"Gameplay" and "setting" are both part of the game. Addressing the differences between mages may not be completely necessary but it wouldn't be a bad thing automatically, I'm sure. It worked for FE4.

That's not a split, that's in literally every game in the series (i.e. The GBA games have Fire, Elfire and Thunder, don't they? But if you call stuff like that a split it makes the whole distinction pointless).

In those games there was no real difference between fire and thunder magic,they were simply anima magic of different weapon ranks,like bronze sword and iron sword.

In awakening however we've got an E-rank fire spell,an E-rank thunder spell and an E-rank wind spell,like they would be still split like in PoR and RD,the only difference is,that they all belong now to a single weapon rank like in the gba games

And where was that mentioned in FE7? Canas explained Dark Magic and made it clear how dangerous it was, so that accounts for most of the other mages not using it. What's the excuse for Canas not using anima, like in FE5?

You could also ask why swordmasters don't use lances.

I think learning to fight with another type of magic is just as difficult as learning how to fight with another weapons.

I mean light magic has no known risks,but most anima-magic users can't learn how to use light magic,while most light magic users aren't able to use anima magic.

In those games there was no real difference between fire and thunder magic,they were simply anima magic of different weapon ranks,like bronze sword and iron sword.

In awakening however we've got an E-rank fire spell,an E-rank thunder spell and an E-rank wind spell,like they would be still split like in PoR and RD,the only difference is,that they all belong now to a single weapon rank like in the gba games

And the second has no meaning than the first.

The only way you could argue that a weapon without its own rank is a seperate weapon type is if it shared its rank with something else but required a Skill or something to use (Like FE13 Dark or FE9 Light) or if it's just a Skill and has no weapon rank (FE9 Knives). FE13 Anima doesn't work like this, it could if there was some barrier to using the "different" spells like a Skill but they shared a rank but there isn't! They share a rank AND there's nothing seperating them either, THEY ARE THE SAME!

Edited by CrashGordon94

Well, if this is a gameplay issue, please explain how splitting them up would help anything. Every time the anima triangle gets split up, one magic type is clearly better than the others, and that's that. They're different for the sake of variety, but it doesn't really add much. Here at least no units get screwed over by the split. Or would you enjoy having a wind mage that needs to go a full rank of tomes up to match a thunder mage's damage output for the sake of "variety?"

Well, if this is a gameplay issue, please explain how splitting them up would help anything. Every time the anima triangle gets split up, one magic type is clearly better than the others, and that's that. They're different for the sake of variety, but it doesn't really add much. Here at least no units get screwed over by the split. Or would you enjoy having a wind mage that needs to go a full rank of tomes up to match a thunder mage's damage output for the sake of "variety?"

It really wouldn't be that hard to make Wind/Fire/Thunder magic that was balanced.

And the second has no meaning than the first.

The only way you could argue that a weapon without its own rank is a seperate weapon type is if it shared its rank with something else but required a Skill or something to use (Like FE13 Dark or FE9 Light) or if it's just a Skill and has no weapon rank (FE9 Knives). FE13 Anima doesn't work like this, it could if there was some barrier to using the "different" spells like a Skill but they shared a rank but there isn't! They share a rank AND there's nothing seperating them either, THEY ARE THE SAME!

I didn't say they are seperate weapon types,I simply said that anima magic is still divided into different elements,which all belong to the same weapon type,which is a good thing,because the way anima magic was split in radiant dawn was simply unnecessary...