Stop Crying Psych Minimafia - Night 2

Paperblade

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol gg

##Vote Levity

Blame it on the mod for the blatant oversight, I guess. Should have varying PMs or an open generic PM to prevent that shit.

I'm assuming the scum team had a similar team for their generic goon PM, but Levity incorrectly assumed the VT role name was Vanilla Townie and not Villager, and so she got You for the fourteenth word.

Using PMs to compare is kind of bullshit whether the mod posts the generic one or not.

vOv

It's not against the rules. If Paperblade counts it as quoting or otherwise unethical even though it isn't really a quote, then I get modkilled and don't win the game like the rest of town does, but oh well.

Was going to post this before I got that idea anyway:

Ether gains huge town points for the immediate argument on Psych. Unless somebody wants to CC him as doc he's basically clear. Manix has been obvtown all game, fuck tha haters. Bal is the iffiest of the claimers but until he gets CC'd or a fourth claim pops up he's not worth pursuing.

That leaves me with Levity, Obviam, Aere.

To hell with it, I think Aere is the townie of the three. The pre-emptive claim looks like a massive newbtown tell because there was, like, seriously, no reason for scum to do that unless they the ire of half the town for "WHY DID YOU MAKE AN UMPROMPTED CLAIM". Especially given that Aere had people get upset at him for claiming early in his first game. Plus, he was the one who pushed Psych as the likelier lynch over Ether. Levity, Obviam and Psych all have a fair amount of games here to their name (even if Psych is terrible) - if the scumteam is Psych/Aere/either one, then the player doing the bussing should not be the newbie.

I do think he needs to vote, like, a lot more though.

So, Obviam's #111. Calling a bunch of people out for scummy shit -> voting Ether over them for looking smart yet giving me a pass for similar reasons is easy to interpret scummy - if scum's feeling particularly audacious, it's a chance to get one townie-looking player mislynched for bad reasons while making the other townie-looking player look bad from connections to the scum The actual kicker here, though, is what he says about Psych. Despite appearing to group Psych in with the "dumb people who look scummy", he never actually points out any flaws in Psych's post beyond a joke and fails to give any foundation why Ether was scummier than Psych. Pretty much second to Bal in terms of blatantly obvious associative tells here. Too bad Bal's the Watcher.

##Vote: Obviam (L-3)

He never addressed my complaints about his post from back in my #114, either, despite clearly acknowledging the post.

I don't have many legitimate qualms with Levity's posts on their own right now. Weirdest thing I can think of is her completely dropping her suspicions of me and Obviam from D1 to make a kneejerk vote on Aere before bothering to explore the other options further. I mean, yeah, she was on Aere during late D1, but there's been a scumflip between then and now, so reads should be re-considered. The disconnect looks bad, but it's not as terrible as whatever the hell was going on with Obviam's D1. I'd want to reconsider her vs. Aere after Obviam's lynch, anyway, I just have a very difficult time seeing Aere as scum with Psych's flip.

If Manix is cop with town clears on any of Prims / Levity / Obviam / Aere, he should claim, because scum need two mislynches to win and only having three non-clear players = we win. If he's not and what I'm saying confirms him as bomb, then whatever, it was obvious enough that he wasn't getting NKed in the first place.

I actually didn't remember what I did at the beginning of D1 because I've been falling asleep all the time and I don't look at my own previous posts. I've been through this with everyone here.

But yeah, comparing role PMs isn't even playing the game. I would have thought you would be better than that, and I'm actually kind of disappointed, but whatever. I know what rule I'm adding to my game now.

It's not as egregious of a rule violation as Obviam posting "PSYCH SURE WAS AN OBVSCUM" in irc. <_<

Most mods give out stuff like "sample town win condition" or "sample vanilla townie PM" to prevent this.

If your buddy is Obviam and you've basically lost as a result of this and consider it bullshit, then I can't really blame you, but honestly, I think town would have won anyway. I would have probably bended and gone for a Levity lynch if Aere didn't switch to Obviam, and Manix had cited Obviam as his secondary preferred lynch back on D1. Plus, even if there was a mislynch, you guys still had a doc and a watcher to deal with.

If the last scum is one of the claimed PRs instead, then lol.

Edited by Prims

I mean, Paper even says paraphrasing is allowed, and I'd think this falls under paraphrasing...

If it's unacceptable, it's unacceptable. I'll take the punishment I'm given.

##Unvote

I have a sneaking suspicion there will be 3 modkills for violation of rule 10.

If that's the case it comes down to who of Manix/Obviam is the remaining scum. In that case, with 4 left, we should no lynch for another chance for either the bomb to go off, or for more information.

I'm really not feeling like placing a new vote until Paperblade lays down the law as to the legality of what just transpired, or until deadline is approaching, which is a long way off.

I would have liked to actually play a fair game, town win or not.

Lev, don't act so insulted. I voted for you before we even got into the role-pm stuff.

I don't think I'm going to post much after this. Sorry for messing this game up, too, I guess?

Main reason I group it in with paraphrasing is because I usually see mods give out sample wincons / vanilla PMs to specifically circumvent it in games where you can't quote your role PM in the first place. Plus I've been told when modding to give out different text for each vanilla PM instead of just modkilling people for comparing.

If Paperblade doesn't agree, then oh well, I fucked up, sorry, my bad. :/ However, even if it's considered to be a direct quote, I could have asked something like "how would you type the pronunciation the first letter of the fourteenth word in your role PM", which wouldn't have been a direct quote.

Moral of the story is to just give out sample PMs.

Prims, why did you edit your post

b/c game's basically over from my point of view?

If Aere, Levity and I all get modkilled, then Obviam at the very least deserves a harsh warning seriously

Moral of the story is not to use PMs to play the game, period. You scumhunt me, I die, you guys get a fair lynch. I don't want it to come down to something like this. I don't care what anyone says, it isn't playing the game.

I have a sneaking suspicion there will be 3 modkills for violation of rule 10.

same here. I mean, come on people, could we have at least kept it fair? The moment I saw the suggestion, I immediately thought that it was dubious at the least.

And by technicality, you did actually quote your role PM's. It doesn't really matter how you phrased the question, as long as the intention was the same.

:\

anyway, I'm done arguing this, I would have been upset whether or not I was town or scum

From my PoV I did something that wasn't against the rules to further my win condition, and even if you tried to argue it was rulebreaking, it could have been done just as effectively in a way that wasn't. I'll leave it at that. It was lame and I'm not blaming Levity for being irritated, but there's no "don't be lame" rule (which is why I put one in my games).

I probably sound more irritated than I actually am, lol

but jesus christ

just because it isn't in the rules shouldn't automatically make it the right thing to do