Epic Wins, Epic Fails, and Epic WTF: Jugdral Edition, Part 2!

Jave

The previous thread got three months old so I'm starting a new one per the rules. Post screenshots of your units getting RNG blessed or RNG screwed in your FE4 and FE5 runs.

I wanted to start with this:

wZOdE.png

-1 HP, Capped Str, +1 Mag, +2 Skl, +5 Spd (Capped!), +2 Lck, +3 Def, +1 Res

She's incredibly blessed and definitely the best Lachesis I've gotten. She got the Str/Skl/Def bonus from Beowolf, though, so that helped.

Also, she married Midir in this run. I'll see how that turns out.

yeeeeeeeah

I'll check my screenshots folder when I get home, but nothing will ever beat this.

EDIT: Worth noting that it WAS Shin Patch, not vanilla FE4, but I've never seen a thing like it in either so yeah.

Edited by Integrity

I'm not use to seeing prayer being called miracle in this game.

It's the recent patch that changes a few names and fixes some gibberish text. Gameplay wise it's still vanilla FE4.

Epic Win: Ethlin got to level 23 and promoted in the Prologue. Wait, I think I got it. This is the best I think I can do. fe4_00020.bmp This was right after she promoted.

Epic Fail: (It ties in with the above Ethlin.) Ethlin's first 2 levels were no-staters.

Edited by Konnor97

It's the recent patch that changes a few names and fixes some gibberish text. Gameplay wise it's still vanilla FE4.

That's right they came out with a new translation. I had forgotten.

Epic Win: In FE5 chapter 24, I couldn't manage to disable all staff users on the first turn. So the enemy used a sleep staff on the group that had no staff support and the staff actually missed.

Epic Fail: Killing Altenna in chapter 8 of the binary patch. She reappeared in the next chapter so I saved without making a backup. After loading the save again, she was gone. Admittedly, not the first time I mention that one.

Edited by BrightBow

Another Win: Fin is (in the order of HP, Str, Mag, Skl, Spd, Lck, Def, Res) +2 +6! +2 +2 +0 +3 -1 +0 his averages at lvl 20 promoted. Aideen is +1 +0 +0 +3 +4 +3 +1 +2 her averages at lvl 30 promoted. Aira is +1 +3 +3 +1 +3 +2 -2 +0 her averages at lvl 20 promoted. Alec is +1 +3 +1 +2 -2 +0 +4 +0 his averages at lvl 20 promoted. These are the main notable ones.

And Another Fail: I completed Ch1 in 874 turns.

Edited by Konnor97

Epic Win:

-=Shin Patch Warning=-

"Sylvia and the Baron", as I referred to it on Fanfiction.net, when I wrote a damn fanfic about this:

Ch4 I had Sylvia lol her way thru the Arena.

I had gotten only Briggid thru fully so far- Atlas was, for some inexplicable reason, destroying each and every unit I tried to get the Arena done on.

Sylvia reaches Atlas.

Sylvia has a like 41% chance to hit, and does 1 damage/hit (Unless she does Darkness Sword and does... 5 iirc, and she never does that).

He's got his standard 75 HP, 58% chance to hit.

First hit, Sylv misses. He immediately knocks her down to 2 HP. Prayer kicks in. She drops a Darkness sword.

Fight takes more than an hour.

First 15 minutes were me holding the c-stick right for "Turbo". (I play on SNES9xGx on Wii).

I get up, make some breakfast, eat, and sit back down for her to win this.

"Defense broke" (Well, no **** it broke. She only 1'd that guy to death.)

Sylvia, Briggid, Azel and Levin proceed to be the only units I clear the arena on. >_>

Epic fail (of sorts, one could see this as a win) from the same run as the above:

By FAR, my best unit in Gen 1 was Diadora, but that wasn't due to effort or anything, I generally got everyone L30'd up. She just was a ****-stick-- 47HP, Capped MAG, SKL, SPD, RES and LCK. I don't quite know what Shin did to that woman, but, while I'll be one for "L30 Diadora ho!!!" in normal games, I've never seen her that OP. It was almost as-if the game was trying to make me cry. (On a different note: Sigurd was really, really, really mediocre.)

Epic Win:

-=Shin Patch Warning=-

"Sylvia and the Baron", as I referred to it on Fanfiction.net, when I wrote a damn fanfic about this:

O_o YOU wrote that story?

... yes, yes I did. (And non-coincidentally, I'm by the same name there as I am here...)

It's a good story. Great job on it.

Epic win: Tiltyu dodging two 78% accuracy attacks from a forrest knight with a hero sword, and then proceeding to critkill him.

Epic fail: Fury getting beat in the arena by a knight with 5% accuracy. :dry: