Favorite Villain and Boss...

Villain: Has their own battle theme, they tend to appear on maps before you fight them, they tend to have far more screen time then the boss, a lot of times they are harder then the boss.

Examples: Gharnef, Alvis, Ledrick, Zephiel, Nergal, Lyon, and Black Knight.

Boss: Boss of the game obviously, they don't tend to appear on maps nor talk a lot before the last chapter, they tend to be easier then the villains.

Examples: Medeus, Doma (I think, FE2 one?), Julius, Beldo, Idoun, Fire Dragon, Demon King, Ashnard, Ashera.

Probably forgot some... anyway which of each is your favorite?

For me, the villain has got to be Zephiel, he seems like the most mediocre of the bunch, but he is a total badass and always seems to keep his cool, and Exaccus is one of the coolest weapons imo. As for the boss... probably Ashnard, most of the other bosses are rather lame in my opinion, but I always loved that he had no remorse or second thoughts about what he was doing, he had a badass mount and sword and he actually went out to battle instead of sitting on a throne or in a lair waiting for you to reach them.

Medeus: Only other good one in my opinion.

Doma: Played FE2 once, and in Japanese, so I have no idea wtf was going on.

Julius: Puppet

Beldo: Henchman

Idoun: Sword of Seals says hi!

Fire Dragon: Generic

Demon King: Cheesy

Ashera: Boring (At least the battle was more interesting then the others though)

Villain: It would have to be Idun. Yes, I've always considered her a major FE villain. We never get to see what her life was like outside of the fact that she was one of the Naga on Elibe. And we don't know how traumatic her transformation from a Naga to the War Dragon factory that is the Demon Dragon was from her point of view. But yet, I think that's what's so interesting about her. Her backstory is Fanfic Fuel at its finest in the FE series at least until she's canonically fleshed out. And I feel that she's quite possibly one of the most tragic villains in the series, with Lyon and Alvis being the only competition. I can see why Hartmut spared her life. It must have been tough for her to be reduced to nothing but a shadow of her former self and a puppet whose sole purpose is to find someone who can pull her strings. (Thankfully, you can make her get better.) And her Demon Dragon form is pretty sick looking, if I do say so myself. And it helps that her human form looks like a Rule 63'd Sephiroth, personally.

Final Boss: Now that I think about it, Ashnard for many of the reasons the OP stated. And not to mention, he was the first FE final boss I've ever faced. My only complainant though, is that only six specific characters could damage him. (But it is kinda fun trying to match the power of Lehran's Medallion with the power of the Valkyrur.)

• 2 weeks later...

Villain: The Black Knight, for non-villain reasons. He's got honor, skill, loyalty, discipline, and WICKED ARMOR AND SWORD and still manages to be a bad-butt.

Boss: Ashnard, because he gurgurant, blessed armor, and he rides a laguz! Also he made a strategical error that made it so he would get to fight Ike, just because he wanted to. Lastly, he was an anarchist, not a dictator.

Villain? Tie between Sephiran and the Black Knight.

Sephiran is one of my favorite characters in the series. Hes like, my third favorite. (yeah i have a top five...derp see thread) Hes rather unassuming but you know he knows more than he does. Hes also more of an anti-villain and im a huge sucker for that type of character.

Black Knight because, this guy actually makes you go "OOOooooOOhhh shit son!" when he appears on screen. One of the only villains in the series that ive seen anyway, that can do that. Hes just a badass in every sense. AND hes flippin' HARD to fight! So you know this guy isnt fucking around. In RD, he isnt as scarily hard to fight, but he can still potentially fuck you over (and will in 3-7 unless you get lucky). For sheer intimidation factor and the fact you are constantly guessing who he could really be until the final reveal, this guy rocks as a villain.

Best Boss? Like Final Boss?

Oh yeah that goes to Ashnard. Fire Dragon just isnt fun to fight really and is uninteresting. Ashera is kinda cool but ehh. Demon King is lamesauce. Ashnard has cool shit to say and looks amazing. Plus he hurts! In hard mode, hes...zomg....yeah. This guy will mess you up and isnt that easy to take down.

Edited by Florina

Favorite villain: I'd probably have to say the Black Knight/Zelgius. Sephiran's a close second, since he worked with him, but those two are my faves. Lyon is an honorable mention, though.

Favorite final boss: eeeeh, I don't really like any of the final bosses. I guess Ashnard, since he's pretty badass. He screwed a dragon and made another one his bitch, pretty much. I liked that scene at the end with Rajaion.

Nice thread, though I think a spoiler warning in the title would be prudent.

Villain: Manfloy. This guy, this guy starts with nothing but dark artifacts/magic and the leadership of a dying, persecuted cult, which is all to be taken seriously but would get squashed if anybody with power knew what was up. His solution? He straight up manipulates leaders of half the continent into fighting each other, all thinking they're acting on their own interests, and only rarely dirtying his or his subordinates' own hands. Whatever your own party does (first part), you're either playing right into his plans or failing to scratch them. Special points for "hey, guess what? I got you to kill people over marrying your sister."

Then when all the power is in place, WHAM! Child burnings and possession, slavery, expansionism and reigns of terror nearly across the continent for over a decade. As if that crap wasn't enough, he comes this [ ] close to unleashing true hell on earth, by basically getting a teenager possessed by the FE equivalent of the devil.

He doesn't have the best stage presence, and I can't speak for every villain in the series in comparison, but damn, does this guy have a track record.

Ashnard's probably a close second for the sheer tenacity and brutality that was necessary to claw his way to the throne from a loo0ong way down the line of succession, and his views on meritocracy are kind of badass. Very potent stage presence, as has been noted. Points docked for an ill-thought-out master plan, though. "Hey I gotta get everybody on the continent pissed at my relatively small nation, as long as I get the McGuffin that'll go perfectly"

smh Ashnard

Boss: Uh. The Black Knight fights are probably the individual encounters I find most memorable in the series, though Alvis gives a hell of a respectable fight for an old, despondent jerk with little power left and not much to live for. Yurius' doom squad of dark warriors and Nergal's morph brigade are pretty fun fights, too.

Edited by Rehab

Oliver is the most memorable boss that meets most of the original post's description, for me. Though most of the senators you interact with were fairly memorable--but not really developed enough. They could've been a lot more vital and prominent with a little more polishing. Hell, that could've been a mini-conflict in itself: senators warring their houses/forces/whatever against one another in petty inner revolts/protests.

All villains can go home now, Roro is the king of everything.

Favorite Final Boss?

medeustrueform.png

problem?

Super Thracia would trash that final boss.

Edited by Celice

Nice thread, though I think a spoiler warning in the title would be prudent.

Villain: Manfloy. This guy, this guy starts with nothing but dark artifacts/magic and the leadership of a dying, persecuted cult, which is all to be taken seriously but would get squashed if anybody with power knew what was up. His solution? He straight up manipulates leaders of half the continent into fighting each other, all thinking they're acting on their own interests, and only rarely dirtying his or his subordinates' own hands. Whatever your own party does (first part), you're either playing right into his plans or failing to scratch them. Special points for "hey, guess what? I got you to kill people over marrying your sister."

Actually, he suffers a pretty serious setback in Chapter 1. Not only does Diadora elude his grasp, she goes on to marry and father a child with the wrong person. Celice would end up foiling all of Manfroy's schemes.

Why didn't Manfloy kill Julia?

She can Naga.

There are some minor suggestions that he had some intention to use her later on, either in corrupting her (maybe indirectly corrupting Narga then?) or something involving Loptousu getting to make a decision.

Actually, he suffers a pretty serious setback in Chapter 1. Not only does Diadora elude his grasp, she goes on to marry and father a child with the wrong person. Celice would end up foiling all of Manfroy's schemes.

Ack, I knew I was forgetting something.

All things considered, he still had a pretty good run, I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Favorite Villian: Lyon- The onyl time I have ever cried when a BAD guy died.................

Least Favorite Villian: Gangerl, As soon as I unlock him, I'm just going to throw him into a fight with 100s of opponents, and watch him die!!! cool.gif

Favorite Boss: Ashnard: Riding on a laguz and beint total bad ass makes him awesome! Though hard to beat.

Least favorite Boss: Yurius, I hope that I will never have to fight him ever. Too evil for my liking (Even though that's what a bad guy is for)