Top-Tier Skills

Onyx1

I'm a little confused about the change seal, since using it on children lets you reclass them to any class.

I have female Mark Sorceror with:

- Renewal

- Lightning Action

- Magnificent Flame

- Vengence

- Tome Slayer

Or am I wrong?

Kids inherit their parents' options. In the case of MU's kids, that's everything.

Probably the best build for MU (in my mind at least) is Great Shield, Tome Slayer, Sword Slayer, Ax Slayer, Lance Slayer and Rainbow Cry. That way Dark users have even worse Accuracy, they evade some of heavy hitter physical types and even have a damn good chance of halving damage, and is an even better support unit thanks to RC. Buts that's just me.

Probably the best build for MU (in my mind at least) is Great Shield, Tome Slayer, Sword Slayer, Ax Slayer, Lance Slayer and Rainbow Cry. That way Dark users have even worse Accuracy, they evade some of heavy hitter physical types and even have a damn good chance of halving damage.

yes, I know only 5 skills are used at once.

I'm just wondering what the value of a skill like Secluded Lady would have on any of the higher difficulties, because it seems like such a nice skill on paper.

I don't know, but, if I'm calculating it right...

1st gen characters that can have it: MU (Female only), Liz, Miriel, Mariabel, Serge. This one's easy.

2nd gen characters:

Mark (Either female Mark, or inheriting it from female MU)

Krom's daughter (Mother must be either MU-F and pass it on)

Wood, Loran, Brady, and Jerome (Mother must pass it on)

Donny's daughter

Grego's daughter

Henry's daughter

That brings us to a grand total of 13/14 (?) (See the edit at the bottom) characters that can possess Secluded Lady. Holy hell. And five of those (Male Mark, Wood, Loran, Brady, and Jerome) can benefit from it.

I have no idea if in fact this stacks that far, but this could be a potential +130 Evade & +130 Crit Avoid to any male unit at the absolute maximum, which is theoretically absurd... and also absurdly unlikely to get THAT many other units in friendly radius to stack it. It's worth noting all the same; and hell, six of those characters benefit from it in the process! Not to mention any of them could become an invincible god if you lined up the party for a boss.

I don't think it'll see a lot of use in speed play but it's so ridiculously absurd that I can see those who enjoy taking their time and playing more defensively loving it. The trick would be finding a balance between units equipped with it and units who can benefit with it. ...That said, if Wood, Loran, Brady, Jerome, and male Mark all have it in an all-male party you would have no real issue; it would basically be free supporting between them...

EDIT: I noticed something odd. One place I'm looking suggests that Donny, Henry, and Grego could all father girls who would obtain Troubadour; another says that Grego can only be a father to Azure, a guy, but he clearly grants troubadour to a daughter so ????. If in fact Donny, Henry, and Grego have options for girls to father, then Grego's daughter could also obtain Troubadour.

ugh I dunno

Edited by Garlyle

With a Male MU passing on Strength cry to FMark you can make Mark into an incredible Cryer with Rainbow Cry, Strength Cry, Magic Cry, Speed Cry and Movement Cry.

If you combine that with a high MOV character that has the slayer skills you can have some incredible killing power.

EDIT: I noticed something odd. One place I'm looking suggests that Donny, Henry, and Grego could all father girls who would obtain Troubadour; another says that Grego can only be a father to Azure, a guy, but he clearly grants troubadour to a daughter so ????. If in fact Donny, Henry, and Grego have options for girls to father, then Grego's daughter could also obtain Troubadour.

ugh I dunno

Grego can definitely marry other people. I paired him with Nono.

I've been using Lightning Speed a lot and I think it's pretty useful. Fun thing to do is to double two units with Lightning Speed. KO with one unit, Lightning Speed activates. Move on to next enemy, switch with other unit, KO the enemy, Lightning Speed activates again. Then you get to move and attack again. So you get 3 attacks with a single double'd unit

Edited by ww2

I've been using Lightning Speed a lot and I think it's pretty useful. Fun thing to do is to double two units with Lightning Speed. KO with one unit, Lightning Speed activates. Move on to next enemy, switch with other unit, KO the enemy, Lightning Speed activates again. Then you get to move and attack again. So you get 3 attacks with a single double'd unit

Wait really? Damn, that helps with the efficiency issue regarding doubled units. Normally, you'd lose 50% of your potential player phase actions, and now you'd lose at max 25%; I say max since doubled units are more likely to be able to 1RKO enemy units if they've gotten as though/are as harder to double as I heard they are now.

I am very curious at the mechanic's behind Counter. Does it mean that no matter what, any time a guy with counter is attacked at close range, he always returns the damage? For example, a fighter with an attack of 23 attacks Vake as a warrior with a defense of 16. The fighter hits and does 7 damage. Would he also immediately take 7 damage?

Edited by I don't play for turns

I am very curious at the mechanic's behind Counter. Does it mean that no matter what, any time a guy with counter is attacked at close range, he always returns the damage? For example, a fighter with an attack of 23 attacks Vake as a warrior with a defense of 16. The fighter hits and does 7 damage. Would he also immediately take 7 damage?

Yeah as long as it's at 1 range it always returns the exact amount of damage, as long as the unit with counter wasn't killed by the attack.

Edited by arvilino

Imagine this: since Barbarian is one of the reclass options for Henry, you train him to be a Warrior and then reclass back to Sorceror for a Counter + Nosferatu combo. Probably not worth the time spent, though, and Sorcerers are about as bulky as Warriors defence-wise anyway.

Yeah as long as it's at 1 range it always returns the exact amount of damage, as long as the unit with counter wasn't killed by the attack.

Does the unit with counter also follow up the "counter" damage with a defense turn attack? To use the example above, after Vake takes 7 damage and immediately returns that 7 damage via Counter, does he then attack the enemy on his own for more damage?

Edited by Onyx1

Does the unit with counter also follow up the "counter" damage with a defense turn attack? To use the example above, after Vake takes 7 damage and immediately returns that 7 damage via Counter, does he then attack the enemy on his own for more damage?

As I understand it, yes.

Yes.

Counter makes it so that an enemy attacking at range 1 does damage to themselves equal to the damage they do to the Counter user on nonfatal hits. It happens on top of the Counter user's regular counterattack, and is not counted as any sort of attack.