Rate My Pairings~

Konnor97

I'm playing through FE4 again, and I have some pairings that I wish for you to rate/ give opinions on. (I'm still on chapter 1.)

ArdanxAideen

NoishxAira

AlecxSylvia

AzelxTiltyu

LexxBrigid

LevinxFury

FinxLachesis

I want to replace a guy for Dew, though I'm kinda on the fence.

Edited by Konnor97

All of those aside from ArdanxEdain are pretty good. Dew does work with her, if you can spare the pursuit ring, but Lester might want some bows or a combat skill. If you're feeling really crazy, you could try Beowulf or Claude... although Claude kills Lester in favour of Lana.

Edited by Parco Folgore

I was planning to have the Pursuit Ring for Lester, and I can at least give him the Killer Bow. I'd also rather not kill Lester, so no Claude. Dew is tempting though, but I'm lazy and I don't want to wait 'til Ch8 for Killer Bow. Maybe Dew can replace someone like Lex, Fin, or one of the Cavaliers. I also don't want to replace Ardan because I feel bad for him.

Edited by Konnor97

I was planning to have the Pursuit Ring for Lester, and I can at least give him the Killer Bow. I'd also rather not kill Lester, so no Claude. Dew is tempting though, but I'm lazy and I don't want to wait 'til Ch8 for Killer Bow. Maybe Dew can replace someone like Lex, Fin, or one of the Cavaliers. I also don't want to replace Ardan because I feel bad for him.

Try Dew/Briggid, then.

Azel and Tiltyu does wonders for Tinny and Arthur's Magic (even though Tinny gains 5 Magic from a conversation with Celice in Chapter 10 if Levin is the father, and Levin being the father means early Holsety on Arthur), so I think that's a good choice there.

Levin and Fury is easy to obtain and is probably one of my favourite pairings in the game due to the awesomeness that Sety becomes, even if Levin x Tiltyu would be more recommended because Arthur appears earlier than Sety in the second generation. (Also, I love my canon pairings~)

Fin and Lachesis means a +5 speed conversation for Nanna which is very nice, it also gives Nanna balanced (but not all that special besides helloooo 65% Lck) growths. Prayer might also come in handy and Pursuit is REALLY nice on both children characters. Yet again, Delmud has very balanced growths in that pairing even though canonically his father was different from Nanna's. (Yet again, another canon pairing~)

I can't think of much to say on the other pairings, I hope this helps even the slightest bit. But for the three I commented on I'd say those are some of the best pairings, even if Fee doesn't get that much Str out of the Levin x Fury pairing (even though it's Sety I usually look out for, and that said; it still gives Fee a very nice Spd growth)

EDIT: "Fury x Tiltyu" oh god what? I meant Levin. sweatdrop.gif

Edited by TheBritishEltshan

I've heard that those three that you mentioned were good, so I wanted to try them out. (I had LevinxTiltyu, ClaudexFury, and BeowolfxLachesis before on my beginning playthroughs, so I wanted to try some new things.) I heard good things about the others also, well except ArdanxAideen.

Couldn't you just have Dew buy the Killer Bow in Chapter 5 to pass to Lester if you don't want to wait?

Dew can't buy it since he can't use it ^^.

Seriously? I can't believe I've never actually realized this. :I

In any case, I would most recommend swapping Lex and Dew myself, but it's your call. It's a generally good pairing spread, though I doubt the merits of Ardan/Aideen, like everyone else.

If I could do that, then I probably would.

Off-topic, but thanks Parco for helping me remember Zach Bell (or however it's spelled), I loved that show as a kid, and then I forgot about.

I would replace Lex, but I've never paired him before and I would like some Elite for Patty and Faval. I've never paired any of Ardan, Alec, Noish, Azel, or Sylvia before (and Jamka, but I don't really like him), and I want to pair them at least once with at least decent pairings. The main reason I'm on the fence for Dew though is that he passes on Bargain, Sunlight Sword, and good growths. Sorry, double post.

Edited by Konnor97

Just replace Ardan with Midir, and you're good. Aideen, unfortunately, doesn't have many options to work with in terms of bow inheritance, which is why I'm making this recommendation.

Edited by Fancy Grunt

Pair who you want. Personally I think Arden, Alec, and Noish suck but to each their own.

Corple stinks and Lynn's always more or less the same anyways, and Noce does provide some good offensive power to Lakche and Sakasher. Arden, on the other hand, is gonna need a Paragon Ring if the OP ever hopes to promote him, and the Pursuit Ring just to make Lester able to double. And not to mention making any Aideen pair that isn't with Midir or Jamuka means missing out on the Brave Bow. Edited by Fancy Grunt

I agree that the three suck, and I know this is a bit unfair, but if I grind Ardan to promotion on the Gandolf dude (the guy before the forest with Dierdre and Jamka), then I don't think Ardan or anybody else promoting will be too hard. I have already deemed this the 'grind as many people and as much as possible without going insane on bosses and use new pairings' playthrough. Also, meh on the Brave Bow.

Edited by Konnor97

Well, since I don't want to make a new topic for a similar subject, what pairings should I try? It's a newish run (considering what happened in my other topic), and I want to try some pairings. Restrictions: Please ignore Aideen and Midir, Arden & Levin must be paired, and they don't have to be great pairings. Thank you for any input. Sorry if this is considered necroposting, I'll try not to let it happen again if it is. (I don't know the time frame).

Edited by Konnor97