The Midnight Challenge!

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do you accept the challenge challenge?

Alright, any and all comers may try my challenge! The rewards are fame in this thread and self confidence! XD

Here are the rules:

I: You may only use iron, steel, and killer weapons. The only exceptions are bosses, which you may use any weapon on. Also, you may use whatever weapons the characters come with when you get them.

II: You may use the enemy skirmishes only once between rounds. Monster control glitch usage is allowed, but that will be your only level.

III: If your character faints, regard him as dead. You may not restart the level. If your lord dies, you may restart only once. Otherwise, it is regarded as a permanent game over.

IV: You may have only one of each unit type. The rest may never see combat unless the other unit dies.

V: Arena use is legal.

Bonus: Try not to spend more then 10,000 gold.

Bonus: Keep units on the tier you get them, disregarding the lords, (not that they are very effective anyway compared to the rest). This will make it much harder, but not impossible. I tried it, obviously, otherwise I wouldn't challenge you.

Winners:

Me, in all technicality!

Any one want to take the challenge?

Edited by MidnightShade

Have you actually tried this? It sounds insanely tedious, especially if you throw in the bonus reqs.

Actually, it sounds impossible if you throw in the bonus reqs because there aren't enough iron weapon drops to actually kill things.

Bonus: Keep units on tier one. This will make it much harder.

uh In case you don't know if that is done the final boss will be impossible because you need the sacred twin weapons, which are S rank in other words not usable.

(just thowing in a bit of info for you that you might want to change it.

Hypothetically you could train Myrrh on all the bosses after she joins and use her to kill Mortii.

EDIT: Also he only says not to promote units, not to not use prepromotes~

Edited by Integrity

The using only irons without spending money is impossible. You only get 3 Iron Swords, 2 Iron lances (3 on Eph Route), 2 fire tomes, and one each of lightning, flux, heal and iron bow. It's not enough to get you through the game.

edit: i'm stupid integ already said this

Edited by General Horace

I was going to revise this. I was rushed. Also, I have come to the opinion that people are brave when they are hiding behind a computer screen. Just sayin'. To the people whose comments were positive, (General Horace, Integrity, and Saifors), thank you for your time. I took your comments into consideration.

Where's the poll option for 'too stupid'?

Nice. Quite mature of you.

Edited by MidnightShade

i've come to the opinion that people are much more willing to resort to insults when they know that they know they have no counterargument

just sayin'

this actually sounds fairly easy - the only issue would be "no promotions". and to get by that i can off units (kill franz when i need seth/duessel, etc). besides you can beat the final chapter with all unpromoted units

with the weapon limit, it's easier to avoid skirmishes than to use them

i'm not 100% sure that it's possible with only 10k gold but it should be

Edited by Camtech

It wasn't really an insult, more of a statement of facts on my end. Hell, even I'm more vocal on the web! Also, this is just to keep the game fresh and fun, so only do this if you think you'll enjoy it. Obviously, I suppose. XD Just let me know if you are doing it and I'll (re)start it to. Just post your chapter progress in one reply.

Edited by MidnightShade

"IV: You may have only one of each unit type. The rest may never see combat unless the other unit dies."

Does this mean you can use Franz, Seth, and Duessel? Since they are all different classes?

"IV: You may have only one of each unit type. The rest may never see combat unless the other unit dies."

Does this mean you can use Franz, Seth, and Duessel? Since they are all different classes?

Yes, since you cannot leave the class the character is on at the time of acquirement. If you wish, you can use any of the units in the same class range as long as they are not the same exact class.

okay fine let's do this. I'll even put the logs in this thread right now.

EDIT: Clarify for me before I get too far in this challenge (which is actually pretty easy now that we have better weapons): equivalent tiers for magic/staves are what? Up to C rank?

Edited by Integrity

The bonus challenges were pretty pointless if they made the game actually impossible, Crash, which they did before the revision.

I don't think that fact went over anybody's head, but fact of the matter is they shouldn't even have been there if they made the game impossible to finish, which is why we pointed them out.

I don't even think that whole dialogue needed to happen. ;/

EDIT: and go

also nobody is going to die, period

P: 2 turns clear

no shit, seth

1: 4 turns clear

didn't use the silver lance

but seth's fight with the boss was all WHAT IS A 78 HIT LOL

seriously he missed three times in a row

AM using Gilliam

am NOT using Franz

2: some turns idk like 5ish

2x Iron Sword bought, so call that 920 gold spent

AM using Garcia

am NOT using Ross because pointless waste of money

3: 10 turns clear

got the two irons chests for smart

AM using Neimi because why not

MIGHT BE using Colm except obviously for picking because why

now stop and wait for instruction on magic and staves and Myrrh.

EDIT2: lol the vote says 50/50 split even though we're 1 for 2 now

i count for two people

EDIT3: nah man fuck it lighting and fire are legit at least

4: 7 turns clear

seth go up

gilliam hang back

5: 7 turns clear

god seth you're sexy

joshua get, might use him dunno

5x: MY PLAN MANIFESTS: 36 turns clear

since i evidently cannot use reginleif

and cannot use orson because seth

it's a good thing i didn't use franz because KYLE GET

TOTALS, entered combat?

Eirika, Lordette: Has

Seth, Paladin: Has

Franz, Cavalier: Has not

Gilliam, Armor: Has

Moulder, Cleric: Has not healed

Vanessa, Pegasus: Has not (passing that to tana for better combat potential)

Garcia, Fighter: Has

Ross: no

Neimi, Archer: Has

Colm, Thief: Has not

Artur, Monk: Has

Lute, Mage: Has not

Natasha, Cleric: Has healed

Joshua, Myrmidon: Has not

Ephraim, Lord: Has

Kyle, Cavalier: Has

Forde, Cavalier: Has not

Orson, Paladin: Has not

Edited by Integrity

hm

I think I'll do ephraim route, you can do eirika route

EDIT: no flip that I did eirika route last time

Edited by Integrity

okay fine let's do this. I'll even put the logs in this thread right now.

EDIT: Clarify for me before I get too far in this challenge (which is actually pretty easy now that we have better weapons): equivalent tiers for magic/staves are what? Up to C rank?

Yes. Another fact I should mention is that you may use the items they start out with as well.On a side note, I am starting as well.

Edited by MidnightShade

Yes. Another fact I should mention is that you may use the items they start out with as well.On a side note, I am starting as well.

goddammit you could have told me that BEFORE I didn't use the Rapier or the Reginleif.

oh well I'm going to continue with the path I'm on

goddammit you could have told me that BEFORE I didn't use the Rapier or the Reginleif.

oh well I'm going to continue with the path I'm on

Sorry. XD, I guess you'll be doing it hard mode!I'll do it that way as well.

Edited by MidnightShade

It extends to only the ones they have in their inventory.

Edited by MidnightShade