Dialogue changes (spoilers)

VincentASM

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...actually, I've read the normal English dialogue for a few chapters now, and it seems the European version has even less dialogue. For example, in 1-3, Sothe only says "I've taken some tomes and staves from the armory" in regard to the weapons.

• 1 month later...

I'm so glad they changed the BK's dialogue with Ike at that chapter. That is a cheasy getaway. I always assumed that if you didn't kill him, then his blessed armour saves him from being crushed under the castle, then he uses his superhuman strength to get himself out of the rubble. The alternative I had in mind was that Sephiran put a spell on the BK's armour, so that if the BK was "killed," he'd be automatically resurected, with his armour losing its blessing instead. Only problem with that theory is how does he lose his armour's blessing if you didn't kill him?

Oh well, it probably doesn't matter seeing as Ike "killing" him in PoR seems to be the more canonical alternative because Ike says to (Elincia I believe) that he defeated the BK after 2-E.

That's just my two cents.

• 3 weeks later...
In super smash bros brawl the black knight have a trophy, and it say that he wear the mighty sword Ettard ¬¬ <_<

Really?

I've never played it, but seriously! That's ridiculous!

Edited by xanatha

It's not that surprising; his sword was Ettard in the Japanese version (while Ike's FE10 sword was Alondite/Arondight).

Brawl uses a lot of Japanese FE terminology, like the song names.

• 1 month later...

Hey, I just noticed an other traduction error: In the french version of FERD, it's wrote on the back of the cd pocket that Micaiah wear "magie léger" (light magic). Both "léger" and "lumière" are light in english, but "léger" is the oposite of heavy, while "lumière" is...Well...Light, like the light of the sun.

• 5 months later...