Ch 23x HHM

Exiledwolf

So I reached all the way to this chapter after tons of reset I'm the previous chapter. However, no sooner than 5 turns have passes, and Kishuna leaves, leaving all my units exposed to magic lon range attacks. My question

What exactly triggers Kishuna to leave? Turns or a soecific spot?

I'm playing through this chapter right now too, and it is turns that triggers it. I haven't finished it yet due to some careless mistakes and horrible luck, but I have a strategy that's working aside from my mess-ups. I have a promoted Lucius tanking as much magic as he can while having all my physical guys kill everything, and on the right side of the wall I'm having Hector and Hawkeye break down walls and a promoted Kent kill everything in the way to get the two groups reunited. I've had some problems with the sleep and berserk staves the dudes have, but I'm gotten close several times and just need to be a bit more careful when there are only a few guys left. Good luck on beating what is the most annoying chapter I've played so far in HHM. I can only imagine Battle Before Dawn being more annoying than this one.

You definitely want to force Kishuna to leave by attacking him through the wall, because if you don't, he summons 4 promoted units and leaves the door to his chamber locked (if you do attack him, he summons 4 unpromoted magic users and unlocks the door to his chamber).

No, if he leaves on his own, he summons 4 promoted units. If he is forced to leave prematurely, there are 4 unpromoted reinforcements.

Well, technically, those 4 promoted enemies are already there when the map starts and attacking Kishuna makes them flee along with him. But same outcome, attacking Kishuna still allows you to avoid having to fight the promoted fiends.

Yes, in HHM he leaves at the end of the 4th enemy phase and unlocks most of the doors. The promoted magic-using enemies who fill the stage are no longer inhibited by the magic seal and several have long-range tomes and status staffs.

Edited by Gryz

Oh what a nice day that was.

"huh they really put a lot of extra magic users this time didn'-HOLY CRAP WHY IS HE LEAVING!?!"

Burned through a few promotion items to beat it. Rough stuff sleep.gif