So, how do you think Jugdral and Tellius are doing nowadays? (SPOILERS)

Retsudo

I think the lack of technological progress in ancient times can be blamed on isolation and lack of communication...and slavery. I mean, they apparently had some type of robot(and vending machines) in the first century in Egypt. But apparently those types of technology weren't developed too much because they were expensive and slavery was cheaper. Also, the Minoan civilization(which might have been the basis of Atlantis) was apparently very advanced for it's time, while their neighbors were still living in mud huts they had buildings with multiple stories, and a sewer system. I don't remember much since I've read about this years ago but there are probably more isolated examples in ancient history.

So the lack of technological progress in the FE world can probably be blamed on the fact that there's not enough sharing and travelling between the continents and that magic hasn't been banned(if magic in FE equals slavery in real world).

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the lack of technological progress in ancient times can be blamed on isolation and lack of communication...and slavery. I mean, they apparently had some type of robot(and vending machines) in the first century in Egypt. But apparently those types of technology weren't developed too much because they were expensive and slavery was cheaper. Also, the Minoan civilization(which might have been the basis of Atlantis) was apparently very advanced for it's time, while their neighbors were still living in mud huts they had buildings with multiple stories, and a sewer system. I don't remember much since I've read about this years ago but there are probably more isolated examples in ancient history.

So the lack of technological progress in the FE world can probably be blamed on the fact that there's not enough sharing and travelling between the continents and that magic hasn't been banned(if magic in FE equals slavery in real world).

Vending machines in the 1st century. That completely blew my mind. I am now willing to believe anything.

Okay, here's my theory:

The Jugdral Saga--Ancient Greece and Rome, where importance is placed on being of Holy Blood.

The Archanean Saga--The Low Middle Ages, where value is placed on loyalty towards one's king.

The Elibe Saga--The High Middle Ages, where humanity becomes increasingly self-aware.

The Tellius Saga--The Renaissance, where society restructures itself to the grand world it once was.

The Iris Saga--The Scientific Revolution/Enlightenment, where things not of this world are discovered.

Okay, here's my theory:

The Jugdral Saga--Ancient Greece and Rome, where importance is placed on being of Holy Blood.

The Archanean Saga--The Low Middle Ages, where value is placed on loyalty towards one's king.

The Elibe Saga--The High Middle Ages, where humanity becomes increasingly self-aware.

The Tellius Saga--The Renaissance, where society restructures itself to the grand world it once was.

The Iris Saga--The Scientific Revolution/Enlightenment, where things not of this world are discovered.

That's an interesting take on it...but as far as we've established, it's kind of not possible for them to take place in that order, at least in the same world.

Do all the games take place in the same planet? ^^'

We don't know, but I think we're assuming so simply for the sake of this discussion. And there isn't really much to place them in different worlds, other than that their storylines don't converge much, if at all (other than the confirmed sequels).

That's an interesting take on it...but as far as we've established, it's kind of not possible for them to take place in that order, at least in the same world.

We don't know, but I think we're assuming so simply for the sake of this discussion. And there isn't really much to place them in different worlds, other than that their storylines don't converge much, if at all (other than the confirmed sequels).

Well I'm pretty sure if Elibe is connected to the other games it takes place on another world or planet connected through the dragon's gate.

Well. Jugdral, Archanean and Iris can actually apply, but Elibe and Tellius can quite frankly, stay separate verses.

The Magvel Saga's a wild card--it can possibly be what, like any era within the given five?

Well. Jugdral, Archanean and Iris can actually apply, but Elibe and Tellius can quite frankly, stay separate verses.

The Magvel Saga's a wild card--it can possibly be what, like any era within the given five?

We know that at least stories from Tellius are known in Iris.

Olivia tells the story of the heron princess and the raven prince in one of her supports.

We know that at least stories from Tellius are known in Iris.

Olivia tells the story of the heron princess and the raven prince in one of her supports.

That can be just a simple shout out.

All this canon welding kinda reminds me of Persona.

But canon welding is fun. And it could very well be a shout out, I agree...but I don't want it to be, so I say it's a clue purposefully placed in the game to tell us that Tellius and Iris are in the same world.

Rewjeo, I'm not a believer of Darwin's theory, for me it makes utterly no sense for Humans maybe you can say it's true for other living things, because I believe only the physical attributes change in evolutions but the brain remain the same with no further change (because as you know brain cells can't do Mitosis nor Meiosis unlike all the other cells ) that's why evolution happens every time you do mitosis or Meiosis your body will change all the time it might not change to a degree that you can notice or anyone notice but it' not the same exact body you have before some attributes have changed in it, even if you think that the first human being is a monkey which mean that monkey was as smart as me and as any human today....the only thing that changes in the brain is the way we view things my friend and the view of those who live in the ancient ages is different than ours , but their mistakes is what made us realize the truth....

What are you talking about?

Google neuroplasticity if you like. The brain literally changes in structure in a person's lifetime as we do day-to-day things like navigation. Of course the brain evolves.

As far as technology is concerned, even ancient civilizations had access to surprisingly advanced tech, such as automatons which were the precursors to robots. The Mohenjo-Daro civilization had proper sewage systems and planned cities, which is better than a lot of modern cities can boast of. The difference is that we use robots for actual work, while they were generally things for amusement in the past. It's very likely that the main reason the FE world hasn't progressed very far in comparison to ours is the existence of magic, which pretty much negates the need for the technology we use.

It's a little weird because you'd think that all that warfare would lead to more technology, but no. All we get are crossbows.

I really do want it to be canon welding too. The idea of all the games being interconnected is so cool.

Still have no clue how Magvel fits in, though I still think it's at the end of the timeline... unless it's happening alongside Iris's story, which is where all the monsters are coming from.

Edited by Pandorakun

I don't think it would be placed in actual in-game dialogue under normal conditions if it was just a simple shout out. Same could be said for Balmung, Falaflame, Gungnir, Ichival, and Swanchika. All of which are obtainable under normal conditions.

I don't think it would be placed in actual in-game dialogue under normal conditions if it was just a simple shout out. Same could be said for Balmung, Falaflame, Gungnir, Ichival, and Swanchika. All of which are obtainable under normal conditions.

We already know that Jugdral and Archanea are in the same world though, from the official timeline. It makes sense for the Holy Weapons to be floating around in that case.

There's a Ragnell isn't there? Where did that come from, I wonder.

There's a Ragnell isn't there? Where did that come from, I wonder.

Ragnell has only appeared in DLC maps. The rest of the past-game ultimate weapons similarly only appear in DLC and/or SpotPass: Armads, Nidhogg, Holsety, etc.

Mercurius, Gradivus, and Parthia are only available through Fame, at which point they just appear in your inventory, so it seems similar. Hauteclere is only available through Dual Tag, which again seems like bonus content.

Oh hey, that post on the monsters made me think.

What if Magvel actually is after FE13? Like the monsters end up coming over to Magvel and cause Fomortis to start to come back or something like that. That could explain why there are more monsters.

That, or Magvel could be related to FE2 since there are monsters there too.

I'm kind of just jumping in here randomly and not sure if this part was mentioned.

I know somebody mentioned Velvet's supports, not sure if it's here, but here's the excerpt in question.

Other than rabbits...

You're asking about animals that Taguel can shift into other than rabbits?

If we're talking about distant continent(s), then there are some.

For example... those who can transform into cats or birds.

I bet they were unexpectedly cute.

Apparently one of her other supports also mentions lions and wolves.

Personally I think these references are way too common and specific to be simple shout-outs.

Well, now I'm confused. Is Velvet saying those Taguel still exist in distant lands, but she's the only one remaining in Iris? Or is she saying there used to be Taguel like those, but they're all gone now?

Well, now I'm confused. Is Velvet saying those Taguel still exist in distant lands, but she's the only one remaining in Iris? Or is she saying there used to be Taguel like those, but they're all gone now?

I only properly looked at the one line, but I'm pretty sure she was talking about the past. MU asks Velvet if she ever saw these other Taguel and Velvet says she just heard of them from old stories.

EDIT

Link (for Japanese readers or people brave enough to use machine translators)

Edited by VincentASM

This might have nothing to do with Tellius or the general timeline, but I remember reading something from Velvet and Libera's supports.

Velvet:

(omitted for spoilers)

Before that night, I never even knew Holy Queen Emelina's face or her name.

I do know... her distant ancestor, the first Holy King.

Libera:

The first great Holy King... from a(?) thousand years ago?

Velvet:

Yes. Where I lived, I heard these stories when I was a child.

During that era... the Taguel were slaves to humans.

They were used for slave labour, kept as playthings... and treated worse than animals.

If they even showed signs of protesting, they were executed on the spot.

Libera:

How could this be...

Velvet:

Of course, none of this was recorded in human history.

So, he (gender neutral) saved us--the first Holy King.

He wasn't afraid of people's violent protests and defended Taguel as humans.

He argued this: We are "the same".

Humans and Taguel... there is no difference.

We are all the same.

Now, I don't believe this ties in exactly with the Laguz Emancipation in Tellius, but it's interesting to know the Taguel were treated exactly like the Laguz. Also, this is one of the few instances where they mention the Holy King and when they appeared in history.

(Same link as above)

Edited by VincentASM